Elective section

broodymrs

Mummy to my boys
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm booked for an elective section on the 27th. I'll be 39 weeks. Essentially I make babies too big for my body, had a failed induction and nearly 11lb baby previously and this one is also on 98th percentile.

I'm getting last minute nerves now though. While I don't realistically think an induction would work (and I can't go overdue as I have GD) I'm really getting concerned he may end up in nicu due to not getting the fluid out of his lungs. I know the risk decreases the later in pregnancy they deliver but I'm still stressing.

Just wondering if you had an elective section, how many weeks gestation were you and did baby end up in nicu and why?

Tia

Hi hon.
I was 39 and 2
She was utterly perfect
Still is at nearly 12 weeks old
She fed in recovery
Had a little bit of mucus she brought up herself over the first night
But it didn't bother her at all
Bothered me more than her :)
She is the best little most content angel.
Hope all goes great for u too xxx

I'm good hon thanks. Xx
How are you.
U ready to hve bub now
I remember being soo ready for bub to arrive near the end xx

Ps did u end up with section last time?
If nicu last time more likely from failed induction xxx
Less likely to happen with planned c section
Than with labour and emergency c section xxx

Yes ended up with emcs last time. I think I've just got freaked out because I've had reduced movements so they wanted to induce at 38 weeks. I said no, I still wanted section so they said they wouldn't do it before 39 weeks due to risks with the lungs. Baby's obs are all good so there's no real reason for him to need to come early.

I'm definitely ready for him but the last few days with just one baby boy are bittersweet. So uncomfortable though, I'm done!

I had an emergency section after I overstimulated during induction (contracting 7 in 10 minutes lasting between 30 seconds and two minutes, despite only being 2cm dilated for hours!) and my dd had absolutely no issues whatsoever. No mucous, no trouble feeding, she regulated her temp perfectly and had apgar scores of 9 and 10. Next time I'm definitely having an elective!

I had an emergency section after I overstimulated during induction (contracting 7 in 10 minutes lasting between 30 seconds and two minutes, despite only being 2cm dilated for hours!) and my dd had absolutely no issues whatsoever. No mucous, no trouble feeding, she regulated her temp perfectly and had apgar scores of 9 and 10. Next time I'm definitely having an elective!

I was told even if you labour for a bit the baby has had the benefit of the labour hormones, effect of contractions etc so their lungs are less likely to have fluid in. I've looked at that many things now though I can't remember whether that came from a reputable source or not!

I felt I had reduced movement too
Can be lack of room too
Are they gonna monitor u extra in the meantime.
Xx

I was the same very uncomfy
But enjoying time with ds.
It's easier with two then I thought it would be

Can be lack of room too
Xx

Yes having a ridiculous amount of monitoring. Totally different to last pregnancy. At least they're on the ball

I had an elective C at 39+2...ds came out fine. No breathing issues whatsoever and scored great on apgar.

Can be lack of room too
Xx

Yes having a ridiculous amount of monitoring. Totally different to last pregnancy. At least they're on the ball

That's great they r keeping a good eye on ye xx
Everything should go great xxx
Best of luck
Xxx

I had an EMCS with DD1, after 7 hours of labour.

With DD2, I had an elective section at 38+6 and she was perfect: no mucous, no trouble feeding [she was very hungry], and she regulated her temp perfectly.

I have another elective scheduled for DD3 on April 28th. I'm sure it will be a similar experience. I hope my recovery is as straight forward as the last.

All the best!

I had an elective on the 23rd of January. I was also super nervous. I was 39 weeks too. We had no issues and as soon as he was out and my husband cut the cord my little man was placed right on my chest. No NICU time needed at all. The doctors didn't seem concerned before at all. My LO did have an issue with his breathing, but they had asked me if I wanted them to put him on oxygen or if I wanted to put him on my chest, and that most of the time the skin to skin regulates the babies breathing. That's what worked for us.

You're only a few days away. Good luck Mama!

I had an elective on the 23rd of January. I was also super nervous. I was 39 weeks too. We had no issues and as soon as he was out and my husband cut the cord my little man was placed right on my chest. No NICU time needed at all. The doctors didn't seem concerned before at all. My LO did have an issue with his breathing, but they had asked me if I wanted them to put him on oxygen or if I wanted to put him on my chest, and that most of the time the skin to skin regulates the babies breathing. That's what worked for us.

Thank you. What a decision to make! Glad skin to skin worked for you. At least if that happens with us I know it's an option

Thank you. What a decision to make! Glad skin to skin worked for you. At least if that happens with us I know it's an option

It was really amazing how quickly it worked. I was skeptical, they had the machine right there if need be, but within seconds he was totally fine! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->