Electric company owes us money!

highhopes19

Reaction score
We moved in to our first property in may. Its a 2 bed flat rented from a housing association. It's all electric no gas at all.

We were shown round by the housing officer who gave us an electric pay as you go and showed us where the meter was... He didnt even know what company we were with o I scowled the internet for matching electric company logos that match the symbol on our key :dohh:which was southern electric.

I phoned southern electric to clear the previous tenants debt on there and they gave me a long PIN number to take to a pay point and he debt will be cleared.

Well anyway! We are using a ridiculous amount of electric I topped up £20 on Saturday nigh and Monday evening everything cut out at first I thought power cut untill I looked out and everyone else's lights were still on I went down and checked meter and it was on 1p

We had used £20 in under 48 hours! Its seems a ridiculous amount!

I phoned moat housing and they said phone our provider which I did turns put that when the property was first built the landlord moat set up the accounts with them and they put us on the wrong tariff turns out last tenant was also on the wrong tarrif having the same problems :nope:.

So I've been paying way more than I actually should be in electric :growlmad:. I want the Money I'm owed! Last night it was so cold we had all sleep in bed (no heating on as we can't afford it untill they switch our tariffs and meters... As they've put wrong meter in for us Aswell!) together with a hot water bottle!

We both work and I'm either at work or at my parents in the day so were hardly there to use that amount :nope:

I don't know what to do :cry:.

Either moat housing or southern electric owe us a significant amount of money... But each saying the other one does and I'm being passed from pillar to post by both

Please help :cry:

That's rubbish!! Would citizens advice be able to give you some idea of what to do - it's tricky when each company is blaming the other - but either way it needs to be sorted! Hope you get your money back soon!

Call the energy ombudsman hun and they will deal with it for you x

If you are paying the electric company then I would say it was them that had to sort it as they are the ones taking money from you.

Call them and insist upon speaking to somebody who is able to provide a satisfactory explanation and a solution. Now the tariff problem has been acknowledged, have they switched you on to the correct one?

Thanks I'll give them a ring today xx

We've been switched but that's not gonna take affect till the 6th of December :( so we've still got to pay through the nose untill they sort it! X

Well I hope you send them a final demand threatening court action! :) lol

On a serious note, I would say mentioned above contact the ombudsman. Thats what they are there for. Hope it's sorted soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->