electrical shock will baby be ok?

moltal213

Reaction score
Ok so we were having thunder storm and it struck the PC which my leg was touching and I felt the shock didn't hurt just shocked my body I'm still like 4+ 4days so I hope baby okay .

My friend has an electric shock when she was pregnant (some how her necklace charm went into the plug socket when she was bending over) and her baby is fine :)
have you got a mw yet? Maybe give them a ring

I think you should ring a midwife or NHS direct and see what they say.

OP is in South Africa so no NHS direct.

I think it's a matter of time on this one tbh, I would ask the doc but at just 4 weeks the isn't much in terms of testing they can do

Don't think it would make any affect the baby at all, hope this Doesn't come out wrong but at 4 weeks baby is still cells, it doesn't even have a Heartbeat. So I don't think even if the shock went though you it would have affected baby. If you were further along then I would call the doctor just to be sure.

I don't think that early it would affect anything. My mum got electrocuted when pregnant with my sister and it knocked my sisters heartbeat out of sync, she's 14 now and healthy though she didn't grow properly after the shock and was born early. But they don't know 100% if it was caused by that.
I had a shock off a laptop charger when pregnant with my oldest and he didn't move for a while. I went to a&e and they were most concerted about me. He was fine though and he's healthy x

I don't think that early it would affect anything. My mum got electrocuted when pregnant with my sister and it knocked my sisters heartbeat out of sync, she's 14 now and healthy though she didn't grow properly after the shock and was born early. But they don't know 100% if it was caused by that.
I had a shock off a laptop charger when pregnant with my oldest and he didn't move for a while. I went to a&e and they were most concerted about me. He was fine though and he's healthy x

Congratulations Booth!!

OP I got a shock from an ungrounded appliance when I was in 1st tri with DS, I went to A&E and they weren't worried about LO, they said he was cushioned in there and still so little that all would be fine. Thy used the doppler but didn't pick him up, but I was only 9ish weeks. They did check me out thoroughly though, I had an ECG and a was monitored for an hour, so if you feel ill in yourself I'd go in, but it sounds as though it was just a small shock so hopefully you'll be fine :).

Congratulations Booth!!

OP I got a shock from an ungrounded appliance when I was in 1st tri with DS, I went to A&E and they weren't worried about LO, they said he was cushioned in there and still so little that all would be fine. Thy used the doppler but didn't pick him up, but I was only 9ish weeks. They did check me out thoroughly though, I had an ECG and a was monitored for an hour, so if you feel ill in yourself I'd go in, but it sounds as though it was just a small shock so hopefully you'll be fine :).

:haha: thankyou xx

So i went to the doc well emergency rooms they practically laughed at me because its too early they said i would need to wait till at least 8 weeks to see a heart and 14 - 16 week to pick up any neurogical problems

Im just hoping all okay it might be in my mind but symtoms dont seem to be present.. sigh please let it be ok lol thanks for all your replies does help me feel a lot better n that im not the only silly one lol

Could you take another pregnancy test? will that put your mind to rest :hugs:

I want to do this next week

I asked the doctor this and she said pregnancy tests can often not detect stong hsg the only way is to get blood tests every week which i cant do its way to expensive ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->