ella's house question

c.m.c

3 daughters 🌸🌸🌸
Reaction score
I just bought an ellas house nappy- im not too sure about how to use it-

i am going to leave it in the bath over night and do a couple of pre washes

would it be ok to use a flip cover as the wrap?

im afraid it looks really bulky?

can i boost the nappy or would it be fine over night without boosting?

anyone use ella's house nappies have any advice would be brill!!!

Which kind did you get? The Bumhuggers were pretty good overnight for us but we did need to boost them. I would always start off boosting a night nappy and then reduce it gradually, so you don't get mega leaks! As long as the Flip outer fits, it should be fine. Night nappies do tend to be bulky when you've boosted them but babies generally don't even notice.

Is it a bumhugger?

Put the tongue inside the pocket. I also put a thick-ish bamboo booster in there too (I would put 2 little lamb boosters in as they are thinner.) I tried a few times putting a microfibre cleaning cloth in, also tried a microfibre insert from a pocket nappy but that was very bulky and made the leg holes too tight for my wee man.

If you have fleece (or wool) I prefer that for nights but any PUL wrap that fits will do, never tried a flip myself.

sounds good ladies thanks for the advice- i bought it brand new from CNT- i think its a bumhugger i will have to check though

If it's a bumhugger. Putthe tongue inside the pocket and I boost as well. I put a bamboo booster on top of the tongue and a BG newborn MF insert on top of that (they are nice and thin). I tried a flip wrap over the top (only time I ever used a flip wrap), it didn't look like it was quite covering everything but I though WTH, got her ready for bed, the she pooed. It leaked out of the EH, out of the Flip and into her sleepsuit. Never tried again with the Flip. I use Motherease large wraps over the top.

i know exactly what you mena- it just doesnt fit right- i will have to get a wrap too now!! o my poor bank balance i have bought sooo many nappies this past 2 months

Is it just going to be for night times?

If so I would highly recommend getting wool or fleece instead of a PUL wrap. My fave is disana wool pants. They are about £12 posted, maybe a bit cheaper so not all that much dearer than a PUL wrap then you need to lanolise it but you can get that reasonably cheap. They are too bulky for under clothes so not the best for day times. If getting a PUL wrap nature babies are good beacuse they have leg gussets and are wide at the crotch so you can fit a lorra lorra nappy in.

Is it just going to be for night times?

If so I would highly recommend getting wool or fleece instead of a PUL wrap.

I'd second that as well. Wool is great for overnight. I've got 50% off custom wool covers ATM ;)

yes its just for mights- i will have a wee look at that site and take the advice to use wool/pul- i need to sell some of my yummy mummy bags to fund my nappy habit now ha ha!!!!

sure a girl only needs one changing bag!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->