Eloïse's Memory Patchwork Quilt

mrsraggle

Wifey & Mummy
Reaction score
So I'm not a crafty person. I failed textiles at school and have been scared away from a sewing machine ever since. Until I came across the idea of a memory quilt, where you cut squares out of your baby's memorable clothes (coming home outfit, first dress etc) and make a patchwork quilt. So I did it! With guidance from my Nan (and her sewing machine). I cut 40 squares to produce the quilt which took two evenings. Tacking all the squares into rows took one evening. Sewing all the squares together in rows, and then all the rows together took half a day. Attaching the wadding to the patches, and then attaching the back to the front took another half day. Hand sewing the bottom edge took one afternoon.

I'm giving it to Ellie for her first Christmas and hoping she will treasure it for a long time.

And here's the outcome! So proud of myself!
https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/rachelwestlake/DSC_0087.jpg
https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/rachelwestlake/DSC_0089.jpg

wow! i love that! sounds easy enough to do, id love to try it myself :)

that's gorgeous!! im planning on starting one of these soon!

That's such a lovely idea and its beautiful!!! x

That is such a lovely idea and looks fab well done :)

Is it okay if I "steal" your idea? It's really beautiful, she'll treasure it forever! x

Wow that's beautiful ! I'd love to learn to make a quilt ! When I have a baby I might get my OH's nan (who is a very talented seamstress) to teach me to make one. It's such a beautiful idea !

wow fab idea, love it. Really beautiful, think I may borrow the idea as well.

It's gorgeous!! You should continue making things for LO if you can make things like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->