emotional rollercoaster

captain-ally

Reaction score
This has been the most financially confusing day of my life. I've been freaking out because I haven't started receiving my maternity leave benefits yet, and it's been 5 weeks. The waiting period is usually 5 weeks but they were telling me it was going to be 8 weeks because of the recession.

Then I'm told that I've gotten a $3000 tax return, which is ENORMOUS - practically like winning the lottery. I dash into the place that filed my taxes for me only to be told once I get there that the student loans office has confiscated my ENTIRE return. They just took all $3000 of it, even though I live well below the poverty line and have a baby to look after.

So I'm angry as all hell, because not only did they confiscate all of my money, I have to pay the tax office $271 for filing my taxes for me. They usually take that amount out of the return which would have been fine - but I've got $9 in my bank account so an extra $271 is anything but fine.

By this point I've worked myself into quite a state, wondering how the hell I'm going to support my child and what kind of mother am I, after only a week, etc etc. I get home and check the mail box and :mail:

my first maternity leave cheque is there..:blush:

So yeah, the $3000 thing really sucks still but at least I'm not totally broke for another 3 weeks. It's just been such an emotionally draining day - the first time I've really doubted my ability to handle this on my own. I'm going to eat several peices of pie and go to :sleep:

cant believe they took all your money :o i thought they could take a percentage, feckers.
glad youve got something sorted tho mate

Thats a pretty crappy day, but at least you got your silver lining as they say :)

I hope you will feel better in the morning :D

Oh god, thats sounds terrible!!! Least you got the money in the end! xxx

Aww hun that sucks bout the 3000 is there no way you can appeal??

Glad u got ur Maternity money tho i been waiting 6 weeks for mine aswell xxx

Aww :hugs:
I'm preparing to fight it out with student loans soon too, they will be expecting me to start paying them back next month. Not happening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->