Empty irregular gestational sac

nervous29

Reaction score
Hi, I am 29years and this is my first pregnancy.

I visited my Dr yesterday all excited after having received a positive preg test only to be told that I have an empty irregularly shaped sac that measures 15mm therefore I should be between weeks 5-6. However I know exactly when I ovulated and from my calculations and with the help of the internet I have calculated that I may just be only 4 gestational weeks (really 2 weeks foetal development).

Anyone with similar stories to share with successful results? Can good come out of this situation? Can my sac become regular and can the sac contents and heartbeat appear now or will I miscarry...

Will be going back for another u/s on Friday. Wish me luck...(The longest week ever...):cry:

I don't really have advice but I didn't want to read and run. With mine we thought I was 7 weeks based on my lmp when we went for a scan and the sac was empty. Turned out that I was only 4 weeks along. We had another scan done three weeks later and all was fine.
I hope you get good news. GL

My BF had this - sadly she lost the baby at 7w 5 days (she should have been 9 weeks). She had a scan at 5 weeks which showed the abnormal shape. The heart did start but unfortunately it was not meant to be.

Apparently the sack was leaking - hence irregular shape and is a 1 in 1000 anomaly.

That said - while she was going through it I read LOADS of medical papers and the general consensus was abnormal shape alone does not mean a pregnancy is doomed - it's about 50:50 - so you do have a chance of things being ok. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->