Empty Sac at 6+2 but doubling HCG...?

Kyliem87

Mummy of 1 Princess
Reaction score
OK, so to start this is the second time I've been through this uncertainty of seeing an empty sac the first time it didn't work out and it was classed medically as an MMC (no yolk/fetal pole at 7 weeks and again at 8 weeks - D&E followed) but my HCG wasn't doubling...

Now this time I had bloods taken at 15DPO, 17DPO and 19DPO although they were quite "low" they doubled in around 56 hours. On Tuesday I had some spotting - bright red but it only lasted for 5mins and I haven't had anything since. Yesterday my GP took my bloods and my HCG is now 7262! Which gives a doubling time of 52 hours so it's pretty much spot on with the 'expected' 48 hours but falls well within the 48-72 hour doubling time.

15DPO - 44
17DPO - 77 (59 hours doubling)
19DPO - 152 (44 hours doubling)
31DPO - 7262 (51 hours doubling)

Do you think there's still hope if my HCG is doubling/increasing as it should? I have a tilted uterus which I've read makes it harder to get a more accurate reading sometimes depending on the severity of the tilt. I was so sure this was going the same way as it did in January but cause my HCG is doubling I'm really not sure and confused...help!

:shrug:

You have to have something in there for your HCG to be doubling. I think that is a good sign.

I'd say hang in there. Have you another scan booked? Finger crossed for you Xx

Did you get an internal scan?

I'm trying to tell myself that if it was a non-progressing pregnancy then I don't think my HCG would be doubling and would have thought that if it was increasing it would be rising slowly?

Last time my HCG was:

35DPO - 5300
37DPO - 6600 (151 hours)
39DPO - 8900 (111 hours)

I have another scan on the 19th when I'll be around 8+2 (I'm pretty sure of ovulation due to tracking)

:flow:

I had an "empty" sac at 6+1 with my daughter. My HCG was behaving like it was supposed to. Went back at 8+2 and everything was there as it was supposed to. :) So it is still possible everything is OK. Good luck! *hugs*

Thank you <3 it's so hard to be patient for 2 weeks of not knowing! Menelly - did she 'catch up'? (Like at 8+2 measure 8+2 even though they hadn't seen anything at 6+2)? I was so sure this was going the same way as it did in January but with the HCG levels practically doubling every 48 hours I'm really not so sure any more!

Yep, she measured right on time at 8+2! I have a retroverted uterus, and apparently it's easier to "miss" a baby on a retroverted uterus. You could check out www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com and see hundreds of stories just like mine. I hope you're one of them too!

I have a retroverted uterus to! Apparently quite so to the point it actually hides one of my ovaries. I'm feeling much more hopeful thank you! <3 I'm going to mentally prepare for the worst but I'm definitely feeling more positive than I was on Tuesday! Hope mine is the same outcome as yours was!

OH, that's definitely a reason to still have hope. <3 I'll be stalking and keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you I'll be sure to update :) plus it's the weekend now and I've finished work til Monday then it's only really one more week before we find out!

Good luck hun, I've got everything crossed for you!

Xxx

GL xxx
Baby is probably a couple of days behind for edd :flower:

Just wanted to let you know that I had an "empty" sac as well at 6 + 3. I knew my dates were right because I had done OPKs so I was really worried as well. Well, my little guy is 11 weeks old today and perfect. Try not to worry - at that stage, everything is so small that sometimes the ultrasound can't see everything yet.

Thank you <3

The time is really dragging but I know waiting til 8+2 will give me a much better idea about what is going on so I'm crossing everything til then that everything's ok and baby is just hiding towards my spine so is harder to see

TXJen - congrats <3 I hope I get good news like you did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->