Empty sac at six weeks?

beneathmywing

Reaction score
Hi girls. I got my BFP finally two weeks ago, but it's been hell since then. First my betas weren't doubling. They were 129, 216 and 292 two days apart. Doctor was concerned and suspected an ectopic and scheduled me for a ultrasound at six weeks, which was yesterday. Found a sac in my uterus, so not ectopic, but it was empty. So now he's concerned it's a blighted ovum. My beta yesterday was 4,451, which doctor said was good but he would have expected to have seen at least a yolk sac yesterday, but going in for another ultrasound at week seven. I guess I'm looking for some hope and success stories. Could it be babe is just a few days behind, especially since my betas weren't doubling in the beginning?

Sorry, wish I had some comforting words but just want to say we are here if you need anything :hugs:

I'm so sorry I hope you get some great news in your week 7 scan!

It is still possible that it's too early. My fingers are crossed for you. X

Was it an abdominal or tranvaginal scan that you had? It could be that it's early. My clinic wouldn't scan before 7 weeks and it can often be tricky to see anything before that point, and the only do tranvaginal ultrasounds at that point.

Good luck with your next scan. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

We had a scan at the epu booked for us due to my numbers not doubling as they should, one sided pain, spotting and also because of all my previous losses. At the 6+1 scan all we saw was an empty sac, no yolk sac visible. And even the sonographer commented they would expect to see more. But two weeks later at 8+1 we saw a tiny baby with a strong heartbeat. 6 weeks is so early and not every baby develops by the book. Some little ones just take a little longer to get started so please don't panic too much, although I know that's easier said than done.

It is still possible that it's too early. My fingers are crossed for you. X

Hope so. Thank you!

Was it an abdominal or tranvaginal scan that you had? It could be that it's early. My clinic wouldn't scan before 7 weeks and it can often be tricky to see anything before that point, and the only do tranvaginal ultrasounds at that point.

Good luck with your next scan. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

It was a tranvaginal scan.

Thanks for the good luck wishes <3

We had a scan at the epu booked for us due to my numbers not doubling as they should, one sided pain, spotting and also because of all my previous losses. At the 6+1 scan all we saw was an empty sac, no yolk sac visible. And even the sonographer commented they would expect to see more. But two weeks later at 8+1 we saw a tiny baby with a strong heartbeat. 6 weeks is so early and not every baby develops by the book. Some little ones just take a little longer to get started so please don't panic too much, although I know that's easier said than done.

I hope that is my case too. Hopefully this baby is just a slow starter. Really trying not to panic. I hate how quick my doctor was to say it was a blighted ovum, though, that's what freaked me out!

Is it possible you aren't as far along as you thought you were? I would say since your beta did jump that high, that you aren't out yet. I hope your 7 week scan goes well!

Is it possible you aren't as far along as you thought you were? I would say since your beta did jump that high, that you aren't out yet. I hope your 7 week scan goes well!

Nope. Pretty sure on dates because its an IVF pregnancy.

Thank you. I hope it goes well too.

That happened with my first! It was so scary and sad, but the next week we saw a little bean! (and I had abdominal and transvaginal). Hopefully yours turns out well!! Keep us updated.

That happened with my first! It was so scary and sad, but the next week we saw a little bean! (and I had abdominal and transvaginal). Hopefully yours turns out well!! Keep us updated.

Ahh i so hope so! I will most definitely update everyone on Monday.

Sorry no help but will be thinking of you please keep updated hope ur 7 week San brings U the news you want xx

How are along are you now? When is your next scan?? next week? Keep us updated... I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

We had a scan at 5 weeks as I was having one sided pain and the sac appeared empty and they said to be prepared for ectopic. We went around 10 days later and saw a flutter like heartbeat :) it could just be too early? Keeping you in my thoughts, please keep us updated.

Hope it's just too early. Stay away from Google this week. It's not your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->