End of May 2013 babies CONTINUED..

Yeah I had pre eclampsia with my daughter. I'm really scared ill get it again and earlier this time. I have a really stressful job as a waitress in a hotel so I'm non stop running around as its always so busy. And work doesn't want to give me a risk assesment so I don't get any extra breaks etc :(

I am really scared of the same thing. I had pregnancy induced hypertension from half way through the second trimester so I was high-risk early on but it was not full pre-eclampsia until right at the end. I am so scared it will happen sooner this time and obviously there is the high risk of pre-term labour. I was trying to be positive and think that from what I had read there was a 75-80% chance not to have it a second time but my GP and midwife made me feel like it was just a matter of time again. I am trying not to worry and people keep saying not to think about it but that seems crazy...how do you can I not worry about it? :wacko: I am a mature student in my last year of university so I am at a very high stress time in my life but physically I am not having to exert myself.

Ugh it's impossible to not think about it! I think about it almost non stop. I think the meeting with the consultant might calm me down a bit. Another girl who had it as well bought a bp thing so she could measure her bp at home. Might do that as well.

I know, it is such strange advice!

DH wanted to buy one too. I am confident in catching it though. With DS I noticed to rise in blood pressure and went to my local A&E to get it checks out and then they sent me to hospital in an ambulance from there. That was when it first went high but before it went into the 'red zone'. Plus, I was told I will get regular checks starting at around 20-25 week but I will not know how often they are until I see the consultant. The really big worry is that if it happens again it might happen sooner.

Big style. That's my biggest worry.
Fingers crossed we'll both be fine and not have it again and have normal pregnancies!
X

Excited to be here in second tri with you girls I'm 14 + 1 and soo happy to have got through the scary first 3 months :) I'm really looking forward to feeling the baby move

Welcome! It's great to finally move out of scary 1st tri isn't it?? I've started to feel the baby move last week. Not a lot but I've felt some flutters. It's my second so hence why I probably recognise the flutters :)

Me to hey, i just can't wait for my 20th week scan. i'm so longing for a boy since i already have a 6 yr old girl

Yay welcome! Do you have a feeling what it is? I have the feeling this one is going to be a boy. Chinese gender predictor said boy and the wedding ring test as well :)

I felt my son at 13+1 (the second time he did it that day the MW confirmed he had just kicked the Doppler so I know it was him) and this time I felt very faint flutters at 10+3. It is not often and really faint but I know it is not anything else.

You ladies are soooo lucky feeling baby move so soon! I am still waiting for that magical moment :D x

I am only getting really faint feelings at the moment. When I felt my son at 13+1 it was pretty strong and this time I have not felt anything as big.

Yeah I feel it once a day at least most days. It's like a butterfly in my tummy. Can't wait for it to be a bit stronger :) It's crazy though when baby is a lot bigger and does a big turn in your tummy. Ohhhh that used to make me feel sick hahahahahaha
X

I only have flutters every few days, it has only happened a few times so far. My son was breach and only tried to turn once but he couldn't manage it.

I think last night for the first time I felt a flutter just as I was laying down to go asleep! But not 100%! Last time with my first I didn't feel anything to 18 weeks! .. So nt expecting anything for another couple weeks at least!

Yeah I didn't feel flutters with dd until 17 weeks. I was trying to remember what the flutters felt like but unrecognised it straight away when I felt it :)
X

Hi ladies :flower:

I missed out on the first tri thread, but am so happy to see ladies earlier in their second trimester here because I popped over a bit early :)

I'm most excited for movement as well. Not only is this my first, but my baby is hidden behind my anterior placenta so I'm not expecting movement any time soon. I figure if I don't expect it, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen soon, right?

Anyway, really debating on whether or not to pay for (or ask a for a Christmas present) an early gender scan. My mom really wants to go to an ultrasound and I want her to, but I want to surprise her with a Christmas present. So, I'm thinking about going for the private scan at 16 weeks and have her go to anatomy at 18+. I'm so psyched for that! :happydance:

Welcome!! Awe that's so lovely that your mum is going. My mum would love that too. But I'm in the uk and she's in holland. We are visiting just after Xmas so maybe I should book a scan in holland somewhere????
X

Yay finally made it to second trimester. That felt a long 3 months!

I've started getting Braxton Hicks already. Can't feel the baby yet but I got them constantly with my daughter and midwife confirmed I was having one at my appointment and had many since. Apparently it's not uncommon to get them from 6 weeks!

Wow that is early!! I can't remember when I had them with my daughter but it was later on around 30 weeks. How have you been feeling so far?
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->