End of May 2013 babies CONTINUED..

Hi Ladies,
So happy to see all of us here. My NT scan is Friday morning so fingers crossed all is well. It's just so nice to be past the scary first few months!
Still debating when to tell work, maybe Friday is the results are good. It will be so great to not have to lie about why I'm not drinking though.

We're def team yellow and this is our first!
Oh and I'll be 37 tomorrow with our 5 year wedding anniversary next week so it seems like a really great time in our lives :)

I never had one single Braxton hicks with my Daughter and my labour felt like ba period pain, never had any tightenings in my belly if that makes sense ... Didn't have back pain in labour either ..
Hope I'm as lucky this time!

Roberta_Capa welcome here and congrats on making it to second tri :) Exciting you're having your scan Friday. Good luck!

CLH_X3 wow lucky you! My contractions weren't bad at all. But when my waters broke it got pretty intense as I went from 2-8cm in half an hour. The midwife couldn't believe it! Raspberry leaf tea!! Works miracles :)

So ladies lets proper introduce ourselves seen as we'll be chatting to eachother a lot.
I'm Wendy, 34, originally from Holland, but living in the North West of the UK now with my hubby Mike and daughter Marielle
X

I'm excited because I've been offered the chance to take part in a new study that is being used to make updated fetal growth charts. This means that I will be scanned roughly once a month to measure baby, and as a reward for taking part I will be given pics (including some 3D ones) each time! Next scan due on 12th December at about 16 weeks. Can't wait!!:cloud9:
Also, I'm happier because I finally feel like the ms is starting to ease off.
One more thing, I think I'm starting to feel the occasional bit of movement (tapping feeling). This isn't my first baby, so I recognise the sensation! :happydance:

Roberta_Capa welcome here and congrats on making it to second tri :) Exciting you're having your scan Friday. Good luck!

CLH_X3 wow lucky you! My contractions weren't bad at all. But when my waters broke it got pretty intense as I went from 2-8cm in half an hour. The midwife couldn't believe it! Raspberry leaf tea!! Works miracles :)

So ladies lets proper introduce ourselves seen as we'll be chatting to eachother a lot.
I'm Wendy, 34, originally from Holland, but living in the North West of the UK now with my hubby Mike and daughter Marielle
X

I'm totally with you on the raspberry leaf tea!!! ... My waters didn't break til literally 9.5-10 cm and was pushing straight after!

Also ..

I'm Chantelle, 22, live in Bristol in the uk, have a daughter who is 16months called faith and my Oh is called Adam :)

Im Charlette 27 live in Gloucestershire, Have an 8 year old boy, a 4 and half year old girl and pregnant with 3rd. Have pcos so was a struggle to have my kids so all extra special in my eyes. Due on 22nd May and can't wait!! x

Hi Charlette. Wow amazing that you're pregnant with your third. I can imagine they're all extra special :)

How are you all feeling by the way? For me it's all been going downhill a bit after 12 weeks. I throw up at least once a day and I'm completely exhausted! If I sleep 12 hours I'm still exhausted. So I'm seeing my GP tomorrow as my iron levels came back low from my 8 week blood test. The mw told me to eat lots of iron rich food and drink lots of orange juice which I do but I throw it all up again so that's not working.
Hope you ladies are feeling a bit better?
X

The nausea and vomiting has stopped for me and I can eat like a normal person again but I have a lot of headaches and migraines now. I have felt exhausted since I got pregnant, I am sure it was not this bad last time.

Hi everyone. Hope you are all feeling better (especially Wendy/ Pebbie1!). I was really excited on Monday - actually had some energy so went to the gym for a gentle workout (including spending quite a lot of time sat down with a mag doing pelvic floor exercises) but then Tues/ Wed and today am so knackered that I want to sleep 24/7. What a con!

It is nice to see so many new names (mummyclo I recognise from first tri)

I am Julie-Ann, 34 and live in Dorset. Got a 13 year old son (Garion) and OH is Simon (or Goose!). It is his first child and he is very excited!

BabyB2 - that sounds amazing! You are going to have loads of pics to show us. I am slightly envious!

RAspberry leaf tea. We will need to have a thread during first tri for helps and tips on labour. I can't wait!!!

Are you all excited about giving birth? Or worried about the pain?

Hi Julie-Ann!
Great to see you here in second tri :)
How lovely that your oh is so excited! Amazing times.

I'm really looking forward to giving birth again. It was full on and painful but I felt so amazingly strong! I loved that feeling so yeah, can't wait. Lets hope I can do it without pre eclampsia this time :)

Raspberry leaf tea ROCKS! It doesn't induce labour or anything, it actually makes you dilate quicker (hence I went from 2 to 8 cm in half an hour). I drank 1 cup a day from 34 weeks and will absolutely be doing that again this time around!
X

Looking forward to giving birth again.!

Il be taking raspberry leaf tea again, I was 9cm when I got to the hospital .. But I drank more then 1 cup a day closer I got to delivery! .. Took the pills aswel!

Im hoping for a home birth this time :D Midwife said as long as pregnancy goes well then it will be fine. Not looking forward to the pain but looking forward to giving birth to finally see my baby x

Wow that's amazing! Home birth sounds great and just nice to be in the comfort of your own home. I really disliked being in the hospital sharing a room with 5 other women and 6 other crying babies. Kept me up all night! I can only have hospital birth as I'm high risk but I'm really hoping for a water birth :)
X

Wow that's amazing! Home birth sounds great and just nice to be in the comfort of your own home. I really disliked being in the hospital sharing a room with 5 other women and 6 other crying babies. Kept me up all night! I can only have hospital birth as I'm high risk but I'm really hoping for a water birth :)
X

Its the heat that kept me awake when I had other 2, They just dont let you open a window or anything! I would like the older kids to meet baby brother/sister asap aswel and not have to wait to visit the next day at hospital or something as they are sooo excited already. Only worry I have is running out of gas and air :haha::haha: x
A water birth sounds great this is my 2nd choice if I have to go into hosp x

Does anyone want to put bump pictures on already ? ... Iv got one from the day I found out I was pregnant and now ...

Why not! Here's mine from 14 weeks. Haven't got a before one but normally my tummy is flat. At night I still get really bloated and it's twice the size then ahahahahaha
X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi I'm Fee and live in Somerset not far from Bristol. I'm 25 and OH is 29. This will be our second child as we already have a gorgeous girl who is 3.5yrs and very excited.

I always though Raspberry tea was to help induce labour. Never had any last time but going to try this time. I'm also really excited about giving birth, mine went so well last time. I had one midwife (male! Although at that point you don't care) and although painful he made a massage oil, lights really low, relaxing music. So praying it'll be similar this time. Fair play having a home birth, would be great but I'm sure my MIL would just walk in or something really inappriate.

Is there a May babies thing for our signature?? Noticed few other months do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->