End of May 2013 babies CONTINUED..

You have gone on more holidays this year that I have in the past 10 years, lol. A while ago we booked a holiday for next year to Crete and it is a family suite with privet pool so I am looking forward to that and think the kids will like the small pool.

Marlee and Markus seem to be doing great and both looking so aware now. CJ has manage to roll from his stomach back onto his back and is close to rolling from his back to his belly but I don't think he is even close to sitting up yet.

CJ is teething really badly now. I can feel a few have clearly cut through but I can't see a full tooth yet. After sleeping great the teething has really thrown him off and he is waking up loads on a night now and has done for 1-2 weeks now. I don't know how but I think I had forgotten just how bad teething is. :nope:

Hahahahaha we're lucky we were able to combine it with husbands work :) Crete is lovely! You'll have a fab time. My sister is getting married in Italy next year so we'll be going there.

I have no clue what Markus is going through. Don't know if it's teething, growth spurt, sleep regression or all of the above! He's has 1 good nap today but he's gone to bed at 8 tonight and I've been up 3 times already.....

I went to Crete when I was younger and was looking for somewhere I had not gone before but the hotel looked so nice we decided to go there. I LOVE Italy, it's my favourite place to go on holiday.

I think CJ might be having a bit of a growth spurt as well as teething. It's not nice when so many things happen at once.

I've been once but never to Lake Garda where it'll be.
How does CJ do with sleeping with all of this going on? Markus did a bit better and slept at least 2 hours between waking up. Still shattered though :(

I have only passed through Lake Garda. It is on my list of places to visit though. I'd like to go in a couple of years to take the kids to Gardaland.

He is sleeping much worse. :nope: He was sleeping for 9 hours straight on a night and then waking up for a nappy change and feed and then back to sleep for a couple of hours. now he wakes up every 1-2 hours. It is how much he is vomiting that is getting to me at the moment though.

pebbie!!! omg he looks great and so tall!!!
bit of an update from us:
lou is also in 6-9mnth clothing as everything is so short on him. its madness how fast he is growing and how many boxes of clothes i have that dont fit already. He is currently in his 4th leap (only about a week left according to the ww app) his sleep has been rubbish recently with some nights waking every hour others waking just once or twice for a feed. Tonight he was totally overtired and it took forever to get him down. I expect itll be a crappy night tonight for us. he refuses to nap during the day still, some days im lucky if he has 30mins all day. im really struggling with that. I can get him to take slightly longer naps or more short ones but only if i spend the day in bed with him or lie down at every nap time which is not practical. He is super happy most of the time though which makes it easier and is laughing all the time. Hes been trying to sit up more and loves his bumbo and cries when we take him out. Hes not interested in rolling although hes gone from his side to his tummy a couple of times.
he had to have his tongue tie cut for a third time and we are just waiting to see how that goes. if it heals over again we will be looking at surgery so fingers crossed for us please.IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

Oh my god Zfbaby, he's so cute!! That smile is soooooo cute and he clearly likes the Bumbo! Love it!
We got a swing for Markus today. He naps, but only if he's moving really. And I'm getting tired of rocking him in the pram or moving his bouncy seat. He loved it straight away. Tomorrow will be the nap test in it though. I also got one of these blow up rings where they can sit in and he loved that too.
Next month is a nearly new sale at our leisure centre so we'll be getting more clothes for Markus there.

Omi, were you breastfeeding? If so, how'd it going? X

Louis is so cute. CJ is nowhere near ready to sit up yet.

CJ always naps in the day. Some days when the teething is bad or in growth spurts he sleeps most of the day.

Yes, I'm still breastfeeding and won't be stopping any time soon. I am aiming for him to have the milk until 2 years but may start using expressed from a year. It is going fine still and the whole thing was just really easy and not at all stressful with him. Is anyone else still breastfeeding on here?

In still breatfeeding too and still going strong! I'm not sure how long I'll go for, but as long as possible.
Markus had his bath and then feed at 7 and he hasn't woken since. That hasn't happened for the last 3 weeks. Fingers crossed it's the end of (this) sleep regression! :)

Cooper has started waking 3 times between me going to bed and getting up which is better than he was doing but not as good as when he was just getting up once a night. Yesterday he only needed 2 baths whereas the day before it was 4 because sometimes when he is sick there is too much to wipe him clean. I hope this faze won't last much longer.

Oh, tiring! Markus woke twice again between 7pm and 7.30am. And I'm feeling so much better.
I've bought him a high chair today. If anyone needs it, it is on offer in a flash sale and you get it for £19.99. Just use voucher code BOUNTYSEP13

https://www.kiddies-kingdom.com/fol...r-highchair-fizz-clearance-5055267602399.html

That is a good deal. I'd have gotten it if we had not made a holiday payment last night and now we have no extra money for a couple of days.

Hi all,
How is everyone doing? Any updates?
Lou is now almost 22 weeks old. He was last weighed about 2 wks ago and was 18lb bang on. He attempted to roll a few weeks back, did it 3 times and has not bothered since. His new trick is making a high pitched screaming sound which he loves so much he does it all the time and has just started to sit withou being held up. He only lasts a few minutes without wobbling but is getting better. He now hates lying down an wants to be looking at everything. He still has trouble napping in the day. We usually get a few small naps totalling 2.5-3hrs a day occassionally we will have a mammoth nap though.
He's eating 8oz at most feeds and his tongue seems to now be totally freed. Yay :)
We think he is teething as he is getting quite fussy, chewing on his bottle teat and refusing milk a couple of times a day. I have tried bongella (?) but he hates the taste and granular but that's like rubbing sand into his gum. We have tonnes of teething rings but not sure they are helping much. Any advice on how to survive? His sleep is getting mucked up which is a massive pain as he doesn't sleep a lot during the day. How long does it last? One mum told me it will be constant for a year!!!!!! Surely she was just joking???

Hello ladies!
How is everyone? All going ok here.
Markus was hit by the 4 month sleep regression and ha been in it since the start of
September so I'm starting to sleepwalk during the day as I'm so tired! He wakes anything from between 2-7 times a night. But every time he eats so he does wake up hungry. He is starting to outgrow his 6-9 month outfits so I think he's growing quick!

Zfbaby, Markus also is teething bad and chomping away on anything he can get in his mouth. We found Anbesol liquid works ok. It's only sold behind the counter so you'll have to ask for it. I got it at tesco pharmacy.
I hope he starts sleep better soon too.
Markus was crazy restless during the day as well so I started him on some cereal and he loves it and was super relaxed during the day and had 3 great naps!
Hope everyone else is ok too x

CJ is 18lbs too but he is slimming out which is making my nappies have a awkward fit again. His front two bottom teeth are now visually through and a couple at the bottom to the sides you can feel are pretty much through. He is not sleeping as well on a night now and naps are just fully dependent on how bad his teething it. He is rolling fine from his front to his back but when he tried from his back to his front he gets stuck on his side but I don't think it will be too much longer. He is also now clearly in love with his big brother, he just stares at him and smiles so much.

CJ started teething at 6 weeks old and some days are better and some are worse. Teething gel and teething rings only go so far for him really but on the very worst nights he has had Calpol. I don't really like giving it to him but there were a few nights when he really needed it.

Awwww Markus is obsessed with Marielle too. He loves watching her and giggles his head off!

It's funny about the rolling as I just read babies roll from tummy to back first, but Markus has been rolling from back to tummy for over a month now, but can't do tummy to back? It wakes him up at night when he's stuck on his tummy lol :)

JJ rolled from back to tummy first too. He has always being packed full of energy though and CJ seems a lot more lazy in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"