End of May 2013 babies CONTINUED..

thanks girls it was a great day! I tried the burping method on calla last night but she still wouldn't burp. she didn't seem to be bothered by gas pains though so maybe she just didn't have a burp!
how long do you guys usually try it for? I usually give up after a min two, maybe I need to go longer.

zfbaby I find callas been adding on to the sounds she can make lately too :) she's really interested in her hands these days as well

It depends but his reflux is better than it was and normally he does one massive burp within a few seconds of holding him up to my shoulder and rubbing his back and that seems to be it. When his reflux was worse I had to hold him like that pretty much most of the time.

CJ is going into 6-9 month clothes now and is about to outgrow his carry-cot for the pushchair. He threw up in it again earlier so we took him out in the pushchair attachment for the first time when we nipped to the shops and it went fine. He seemed to like seeing more. We had it parent facing and tilted back so it was comfortable still though.

Wow Omi, is it length wise he's outgrowing them? Markus is in 3-6 months clothes and they're starting to stretch now too :) Can't believe it as Marielle always was in smaller clothes!

I'm going out with a friend tonight for coffees. First time I'm going out at night without kids since Markus was born, so I'm pretty excited! lol

Ps babyface, it sometimes takes a bit longer for Markus to burp. If the rubbing, twisting or patting on the back doesn't work, he just sits on my lap and eventually he'll burp hahahaha

Yeah, it's length he has gone out of 3-6 and into 6-9 although 6-9 are still a bit long just a better fit than 3-6. But they are so baggy on him and between that and his chubby cheeks people seem to think he is bigger than he is. He seems massive compared to what JJ was the first few months.

Hope you have a nice time out.

They didn't measure him until 6 weeks. He has a long body and short legs though so his legs don't fit well in the next size up and he can wear footless trousers better.

Wow we've all got pretty big babies haven't we. Lou is in 3-6mnths. He seems really broad and is quite long too. He was over 15lb at last weeks weigh in!
Not really notice him playing with his hands loads but he chews on them all the time. He loves lights and I've had to start turning the tv off because he's hooked and doesn't pay attention when feeding if it's on. Shame as that was my only non baby entertainment, oh well

callas in 3-6 months too and even wearing a few 6 month, although they are a little big. Last week she was 14.5 lbs. I'm hoping to get her weighed again tomorrow.

I can't believe they didn't measure him at birth, but perhaps it was because they were distracted with what was going on.
he is a big one too though :)

how was the night out with friends?

I have to go into the university tomorrow to do some work and need to bring calla. Fingers crossed she sleeps through it all!!!

zfbaby I watch a lot TV with closed captioning on these days haha. Calla's been trying to shove her hands in her mouth lately since she's discovered them. She sticks them in so far sometimes she gags hehe..sometimes she even tries to slip in a finger while nursing. The hands can't be left out. hahaha

How tall was he at 6 weeks Omi?

Anyone's baby getting interested in food? Markus goes mad when were eating and follows the spoon or fork and is kicking his little legs around.
Marielle was the same and I started her solids at 4 months and she loved it. Think ill do the same with Markus and get him to taste some stuff next month. In the uk they say wait till 6 months, but in holland they say start between 4-6 months. What do they say in Canada babyface?
Markus is having his second lot of jabs this afternoon. Boooooo hate the jabs :(

At the delivery once they knew he was fine they tried distracting me with weight guesses and stuff but the HV said it's normal not to measure their length and head until 6 weeks. I always thought they did it at birth too. At 6 weeks he measured 60cm and weighed 14lbs 4oz. His hight and weight are in proportion though because both sit at around the 98th percentile. JJ started off on the 25th line and after a few months went up and stayed around the 99th for hight and 95th for weight so it's not a surprise that without having pre-eclampsia symptoms for months this time he turned out big right away.

CJ started looking and smelling at food at 3 weeks. :haha: When the time comes I think he will be easy to wean.

Hope the jabs go well for Markus and Calla is content while you are at university tomorrow.

Aston was 53cm at birth, 61cm at 6 week check up and last week he was 64cm! Seems strange as faith is only on the 21st percentile for height yet he's 98th! Lol

I would think they should measure at birth, that way they have a reference point for growth!

thanks my meeting got canceled again, so hopefully it will work out tomorrow

pebbie, it's 6 months in Canada. I actually heard a nurse at the bfing clinic tell a mom to a 5 & a half month old that was showing interest in food that she'd have to wait another few weeks to give solids. I thought that was so ridiculous, they all don't need to start exactly on their 6 mo birthday

Markus was 57.5 at birth and 64 at 6 week check. Tall boy! Hahahahahaha. He's in the 99.9 percentile. Marielle is in the early 90's percentile. She's tall too, but was 52cm at birth, so just average.
Babyface, it's strange isn't it. Markus will not have full on food at 4 months either. Marielle had tiny bits of porridge and some mashed fruit. But it was more her getting used to the textures and she loved it. She'd go mad when you sat down with food until she had some hahaha.

In comparison CJ's short then. Lol. He seems to be sleeping almost non stop the past 2 days.

What are people's plans for weaning? Obviously I've never done it before so I have no idea how to go about it. One hv told me to just give him some lumps of carrot and apple and see why he does with it!!! That idea scares the hell out of me.

We did TLW last time as there was no way BLW would have worked with him. Not sure this time, we'll go with the flow when the time comes but we will probably do TLW again.

It looks like CJ is teething and his reflux is worse again. :-(

We'll start with some porridge and then start with mashed veg and fruit. Marielle never did the baby led weaning. We mashed everything up and then made it more and more lumpy so she could get used to that. I wasn't happy with giving her lumpy stuff before she had a decent set if teeth and was very happy with doing it that way and I'll be doing the same now.

Omi, CJ is definitely long too! Marielle wasn't 60cm for ages and thrn had a geowth spurt later. Tall boys :)

I'm not sure how long calla is, but I know she's tall. she's filled out her 6 month clothes heh. zfbaby, I'm with you. Giving little lumps of food freaks me out. I'd say I'll be a masher, or just very nervous haha

I'm at my in laws for the weekend! I didn't realize how much I'd hate breaking routine. Maybe it will be good for Calla though. I just got her to sleep though so we'll see how the night goes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->