• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

End of one road, beginning of another...

I think its too soon for ivf for you. If you are more in the unexplained camp you should give it at least 2 years trying.most pcts won't fund ivf until its 3 years. Its hard for you as everything is so uncertain. You are right to focus on natural conception. Ivf is really the last resort. I have no choice but ivf and now I know that - am cool with it but you are not at that place yet.give yourself maybe six months then revaluate, good luck.

I think its too soon for ivf for you. If you are more in the unexplained camp you should give it at least 2 years trying.most pcts won't fund ivf until its 3 years. Its hard for you as everything is so uncertain. You are right to focus on natural conception. Ivf is really the last resort. I have no choice but ivf and now I know that - am cool with it but you are not at that place yet.give yourself maybe six months then revaluate, good luck.

We've been told we'll be funded for 1 attempt of ICSI, i think what scares me most is if we went for that now and it didn't work then we'd be back at square one, whereas if we wait and see then we might not need it but it could always be an option in the future. I'm just not sure where we stand if we move away from our FS and need him in the future, mostly because i feel comfortable with him and wouldn't want to see another. :huh:

Thats something i'll have to discuss with him when i see him in a few weeks time.

It is a difficult one but in 6 months time you will have been trying only 2 years, which although is a massively long time is probably a bit too soon. So yes, speak to your FS and he will guide you. I am sure you can go on w/l in 6 months. It will take 3 months from when you get to the top for treatment most likely anyway and it will have been plenty long enough for it to have happened naturally. If it does come to IVF/ICSI you can always, if you have enough embryos, freeze some for 750, then you can do FET for a 1,000 if the first attempt fails. Its a lot cheaper. Maybe start saving some money for that now. Really hope you are not too overwhelmed at the moment as there is still lots to be hopeful about. xxx

Good luck, go with your instincts and give it some more time.

It is a difficult one but in 6 months time you will have been trying only 2 years, which although is a massively long time is probably a bit too soon. So yes, speak to your FS and he will guide you. I am sure you can go on w/l in 6 months. It will take 3 months from when you get to the top for treatment most likely anyway and it will have been plenty long enough for it to have happened naturally. If it does come to IVF/ICSI you can always, if you have enough embryos, freeze some for 750, then you can do FET for a 1,000 if the first attempt fails. Its a lot cheaper. Maybe start saving some money for that now. Really hope you are not too overwhelmed at the moment as there is still lots to be hopeful about. xxx

Good luck, go with your instincts and give it some more time.

I'm not sure about FET its not something thats been discussed, we've only been told that if we go further ICSI is out best option (standard IVF would be more or less a waste of time apparently).

Its very hard right now to feel like we have anything to be hopeful about, if it doesn't happen naturally for us, then i don't know if i can face spending thousands upon thousands of my hard earned money on what could potentially be nothing, i have no guarantee of a baby from it at all.
All our life savings so far are just about to be put down as a deposit on a house, the remaining sum we've kept back is for if and when i do fall pregnant, if i spend that on ICSI attempts, i'll have next to nothing left to buy and provide for my child......i want money behind me when we have a baby.

Hello dearest,
I understand your struggles... I can't afford IVF either... It is upwards of $25,000 USD these days... Whew! I was worried people would look down on ME because if I can't afford IVF I can't afford a baby! That is not true either... I don't need a loan for a baby until college! This road sucks all the way and I get all my strength from the other girls here. Everyone here is awesome and amazingly strong. I have faith in your strength and I just quit for awhile because I couldn't handle it after finding out I don't ov. Maybe this will help me get my stuff together and go for it... Very best of luck to you... You know what is right for your family and IVF is a big step for anybody I think. It scared me and I can't even afford it! I will think of you...
Hugs

Bramble- You are amazing... I am hoping for your BFP very soon! And that is an adorable pic of you!

Try not not to worry about it too much at the moment. Lots of people take 2-3 years to become pregant and your problem is only a minor one. I guess instead of a 20% chance each month its maybe only 10%. Thats why its taking longer. The lifestyle changes Curley Sue has suggested are the best way forward for you right now. I think its too soon for you to be worrying about repeated ICSI attempts right now. We are having ICSI but were told if my tubes weren't blocked that we would probably concieve naturally eventually. My DH's sperm is like your OH sperm, bad morphology but good amount and motility.

You will have the option to freeze embryos if it comes to ICSI. Everyone is usually asked if they want that and its about 750 pounds. It just means if that attempt fails you have a cheaper option for a further attempt. It might help you feel that it not your last chance. I know the idea of getting into debt before you start is very scary! I am really hoping it won't come to that for you guys. :hug:

iwanttobebad - thanks for your kind comment! would you consider IVF abroad? you can get it for under 5,000 us dollars in Europe (not UK). I know its still loads and you need to pay air fares but its more in the realms of possibility. Some clinics have excellent results too, for example in Turkey you can get ICSI for under 3,000 USD. Do you not ovulate at all? have you tired any drugs to stimulate ovulation? Totally understand your struggle. I really feel for US cousins. :hug:

Hey I'm new to this website.
I was reading through these posts, and seem to have some things in common with some of you. My DH and I have been TTC for 2 years this month. I am supposed to be perectly fine, and DH has antibodies that cause clumping. We have done IVF and FET both BFN!! I think we are moving to IUI since sperm penetrated egg without use of ICSI. (They seem to be fine after a wash)
Has anyone done IUI after IVF??

Bramble: Thanks for your kind words and encouraging advice. I think I am in the not so sure boat right now. I just found out shockingly last cycle that I am annovulatory. I don't know if it is permanent or what. My AF's have been irregular for about a year or two and the doc thinks it started then. Who knows. I just want to kick back and BD without thinking about it for awhile. Yes, I was prescribed fertility starting with clomid and IUI but it is pending my DH's SA. The SA is probably not good enough though because he has male factor. It will happen it its own time. I worry and get sad, but I won't get pregnant that way either! I am just glad you all are here... HUGS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"