Endo, retroverted/tilted uterus, long term infertility, laproscopy questions...

LizziesMama

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new to these boards so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've been on another board for years, but we don't really have any active members anymore.

Anyway, here's a little of my history:

TTC#1 for 3 years, BFP w/clomid, missed m/c. Second BFP at the 4 year mark while NTNP, all natural surprise! I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter Lizzie.

TTC#2 I got pregnant the second month TTC. The first month we used clomid, second we didn't but it turned into a chemical pregnancy. That was this past January.

I have never really had a good explanation for why I have trouble conceiving. Shorty before my first BFP DH had a SA done and passed with flying colors. I know I ovulate and have a normal cycle length, LP, etc.

One problem I do have is a retroverted uterus. I also have classic symptoms of endo....severe cramps the first day of AF, that literally take me down! Severe pain with BM's on first couple days of AF (sorry if that's tmi), occasional severe ovulation pain, and major back pain (sciatica) at ovulation and AF.

I had a lap in 2005 when I was 18 that showed nothing, but I didn't have severe symptoms like this. It was more recently that i found out about the retroverted uterus and I started attributing these symptoms to that.

I saw my OB today to discuss an uplift procedure and she doesn't think that will help me. She is insisting I have symptoms of endo and I need to have another lap. While i can see my symptoms are classic, I'm going to feel like an idiot if she finds nothing. She seems to think the uplift is a thing of the past and aren't done anymore. That her other patients with severe retroversion don't have this problem unless there is underlying endo.

She kind of reluctantly agreed if there is no endo to shorten the ligaments supporting my uterus to lift if up a bit. She also said she'd do the HSG while in there since we may as well check my tubes at the same time.

I'm mainly afraid of her finding nothing, still be infertile and/or prone to m/c and still having severe pain.

I'm just wondering if anyone has either the RU or endo and had a lap, what you found out, if it helped?? Has anyone had these symptoms and had to cause determined???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->