Endometriosis & Laparoscopy

Good luck to you, I had the same symptoms that you are describing and all they found was a tiny spot of endo on my bladder. Dr. said my tubes and uterus were totally clean..... so I have no idea what the pain is but I had it recently with my last two cycles so it can't be endo causing it for me. :flower:

Hey ladies.. I posted a few months ago about having horrible symptoms but the internal sonogram only showed fluid around my ovary.

Well, I had my yearly appointment and my gyno (who was out when I had the sono) asked if I was still having pain. I said yes. We discussed it, and he thinks I should have a LAP but told me it was up to me about how agressive I wanted to be in finding out what was wrong. I'm just so torn if i should do it?

My symptoms: Horrible pain during my period ( the first two days are the worst), cant go to the bathroom during this time because it hurts to push (#2), constant cramping, back pain, and now i'm getting pain during BD that is really uncomfortable.

I'm just afraid there is nothing wrong and i'll do this for nothing.

We do have 2 cases of ovarian cancer in my family, so that does worry me.

what do you ladies think? should i do it?

Hey hun, only you can make the choice for yourself. Honestly, the lap was such a small surgery that I would have it again in a heartbeat if it was necessary. It is the only way to correctly diagnose endo. Yes, I was sore a few days after, but it was bearable. It was just nice to finally know what was wrong with me. I truly feel that, without the surgery, I never would've started ovulating (I have PCOS and had ovarian drilling, and they found no endo.)

Your symptoms do sound a lot like endo.

What are your reasons for wanting and not wanting to have it?

The only reason I WOULD NOT want to have it is for money. I do have good insurance but depending on how much money it is, I'd still have to pay a chunk of it. That's really the only reason I'm on the fence. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but it's getting out of control. Sometimes I can't even move. The only relief I get is laying in a curled up ball. The first two days of AF are terrible. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything.

I want children so bad, so I don't want to put off a diagnosis if it IS endo..

I just don't know. Most likely I will end up doing it! Most of my pain is just before and during my period. I do have a lot of cramping during my entire cycle, and unexplained nausea. I'm always bloated and have no reasoning for that either.

Canthrdlywait- I had a lot of symptoms that you are describing and they did find a spot of endo on my bladder. They removed it yet it still hurts to pee so part of me wonders if some people are just more sensitive to the hormone levels. Or if its unrelated entirely. It is worth it to know what is or is not wrong, the not knowing was the worst part for me, I felt better mentally after surgery. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Canthrdlywait- I had a lot of symptoms that you are describing and they did find a spot of endo on my bladder. They removed it yet it still hurts to pee so part of me wonders if some people are just more sensitive to the hormone levels. Or if its unrelated entirely. It is worth it to know what is or is not wrong, the not knowing was the worst part for me, I felt better mentally after surgery. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

thanks! I called my doctor on friday to tell them I wanted to schedule it, but the woman who answered said she'd pass my message along and i've yet to hear from someone. I probably won't push it again until after my next AF as I don't know how quickly they schedule them.

Amelia, congratulations on your pregnancy!

Canthrdlywait, I was able to schedule mine within a couple short weeks. They could have some openings. Let us know when you hear something. Have you called your insurance to see how much it would cost? I had to beforehand, because, like you, I wasn't going to be able to afford it. Turns out I only had to pay $20 and the rest was covered. It was a huge relief.

Amelia, congratulations on your pregnancy!

Canthrdlywait, I was able to schedule mine within a couple short weeks. They could have some openings. Let us know when you hear something. Have you called your insurance to see how much it would cost? I had to beforehand, because, like you, I wasn't going to be able to afford it. Turns out I only had to pay $20 and the rest was covered. It was a huge relief.

I have not called my insurance yet. My doctors office never called me back and i'm still thinking about if i want to pursue it at this time. :shrug:

Sorry it took so long to respond! I was on my anniversary trip.

How do you feel about it now?

Hi ladies, I hope this is an open group and if so I hope you don't mind me joining? I am currently WTT but I was diagnosed with endometriosis 5 years ago and would love somewhere to air my TTC fears and follow your pregnancy journeys. It's really reassuring to see ladies in a similar position to me successfully have a baby - there are so many complications with endo! Xx

Hi Ladies! :hi:

Another newbie here, if that's okay. As the siggie says, I've been TTC for a while. I've never had symptoms of endo before, but since last summer I've had a fairly constant pinching pain in the area of the left ovary, and the docs are strongly suspecting endo. :sad1: I'm going to finish this cycle and do a lap and hysteroscopy next month.

I have multiple questions, but here's one to start: how long were you told to wait to TTC after the lap? And does it depend on how severe the endo is?

I see many of you have pregnancy tickers, which I love to see. Congrats!

Hi pbl! I believe that I was told to wait a week or so but my period actually started the day of or after my surgery so we didn't want to :sex: anyway. Plus, it would have been uncomfortable to do it any sooner ( for me at least).

Thanks, Amelia! The doc told me that laps are usually done between AF and O, so that they can check out the uterine lining....although maybe that's because they want to do a hysteroscopy on me at the same time. :shrug: It doesn't seem like that's when the ladies on this thread had theirs scheduled.

I'm looking ahead on the schedule and really hoping that this month's is an early O, otherwise the surgery recovery time is going to edge out a planned vacation! :growlmad:

Hi, Grace and Pbl. :wave:

My doctor told me to wait about two weeks, but only because she didn't want the thrusting motion to pop out my stitches. She also said that I might bleed for a while afterwards, which I did (only five days). And as far as scheduling, I actually have no idea where I was in my cycle, because I'd actually been bleeding for approximately three months straight, and I had also never ovulated when I got off birth control.

Wow Amelia8083 you are pregnant honey. I am so happy for you. Wish you happy and healthy up coming months. I am starting my IVF in the beginning of August and I am soooo exited and a little scared. I wish good luck to the rest of the awesome ladies here.

Wow Amelia8083 you are pregnant honey. I am so happy for you. Wish you happy and healthy up coming months. I am starting my IVF in the beginning of August and I am soooo exited and a little scared. I wish good luck to the rest of the awesome ladies here.

Thanks! And best of luck to you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->