Engaged Baby Questions.....

Dukechick

Wife & proud Mom of 2
Reaction score
I just thought this happens right before you give birth, but I guess I haven't read enough about it..... here's some questions for ya :)

When is the average time your baby is engaged?

What happens when it is engaged?

Should I try to engage my baby? At what time?

Is it uncomfortable once it becomes engaged??

Thanks so much!

xx

As far as i know everyones different.....

Baby can engage early but but dissengage again...or baby can engage and you might still might need an induction...or your baby may only engage once the contractions start - my MW said this the other day as i was nearly 39 wks at the time and still only 4/5 engaged.

xxx

Mine as been fully engaged two wks but i have been in prem labour twice :hugs: ....They say most people start to engage around 35 wks at 1/5 a wk so fully engaged by 40 wks ...everybody is different xx

My daughter engaged 4/5ths at 34wks. Was head dwon from 28wks. Didnt engaged further till i was in labour at 38wks & she managed 3/5ths.

Babys head moves into the pelvis, getting ready for the birth.

I would maybe bounce on your ball a few times a week to encourage baby. I would start that now.

No, you find alot less pressure to breath. Sometimes can have pains in your lady bits.

1st babies tend to engage earlier.. 2nd+ babies dont always engage & engage while your in labour.

on average its supposed to happen at about 35 weeks
but some babies dont engaged until the day before
or they engaged sooner ...

you can help to get bubby engaged - walking works
a right treat!! but generally they move down by themselves
you cant push them down i tried! :blush::rofl:

and yes it does become really uncomfortable
and hard to walk when baby is engaged and you get
cramps like hell!! :hissy: was for me anyways!

when babies engaged fully - it can disengage again
but generally it means babies ready to come out
but still might take a few weeks!
:hugs:

hope that helped a little ...

xx​

I just thought this happens right before you give birth, but I guess I haven't read enough about it..... here's some questions for ya :)

Thanks so much!

xx

At 34 weeks he was fully engaged, midwife warned me he could pop out but after today she said he's really low and its unlikely

Engaged just means the head is fully in your pelves

You can do things to help your baby engage like bouncing on a birth ball or getting on your hands and knees

You defo can tell the difference! My bumps dropped loads! I don't have the 'melon about to drop out' feeling that alot of people describe but i now waddle! Also when he stretches i get like stabbing shock pains in my cervix as he pushes down!

I have read that your baby can engage up to 2-4 weeks from your due date for your first baby, but still be 2 weeks late. Usually 2nd babies do not engage until days or once labour has begun. I'm 36 weeks, and baby is well engaged, head is down in pelvis area as of Tuesday.

The baby's head moves down the birth canal into your pelvic area.

Walking and birthing balls are ways you can engage your baby naturally. Otherwise, let mother nature take its course. Do not try to force the baby down as you can cause yourself unnecessary pain as well as baby might get a little ticked off at you pushing/poking them :> :rofl:

Well, I have had more pressure on my bladder than ever, my legs, hips, buttocks, back and crotch hurt a lot more as well. Definitely harder to walk, sit up, move around or get comfortable in bed. I sit down and I have to open my legs wide (like a man would) in order to have some space for bump that has dropped dramatically in the last few days. Also finding my maternity clothes are no longer comfortable because of the way the extra belt is stitched. But hey, it's all part of the having a baby process.

Hope this helps.

I was induced at 41+1 because the baby never engaged.

On average, especially if it's your first child, he should engage at approx 35/36 weeks.

Well my little bump has been head down since about week 28. 2 weeks ago at 33 weeks baby was head down and 5/5ths engaged, so just starting. Same again this week when I went to the midwife - head down, bum up and 5/5ths engaged.

Midwife did say this week that baby should start moving down a bit more and I will probably feel more pressure in my pelvic area as a result. All I have felt recently is that getting out of bed is becoming harder :dohh: Not good when you need to go for a wee in a hurry :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->