English people - how much is your rent?

Im in Wales so I dont count but wow at some of these rents!
We are renting whilst we do our new house up-We are in a big 3 bed with huge open plan kitchen/conservatory that comes with intergrated fridge/freezer/wash drier machine/dishwasher, 2 toilets, large gardens, driveway and pay £500 a month for it! I couldnt imagine paying £1200 a month-round her that would literally get you a mansion lol

Same! My mind is boggling at the cost compared to this house. We have the same as you but 4 bedrooms, in a lovingly renovated period home, it really is beautiful. I think now my standards are so high that I can't go back to a regular home after being spoilt this past while :/

Do you need a 4 bedroom? I know your used to one but could you make 3 work? It'd save you a lot x

Is it just me or does £1300 - £1500, seem quite cheap for a four bed property in Reading :wacko:

Is it just me or does £1300 - £1500, seem quite cheap for a four bed property in Reading :wacko:

It would depend on the area in Reading I think, some areas are much nicer than others and some areas that would really surprise me, Im not far in Ruislip West London and if our 2 bed was civilian it would be around £1300 to rent.

My OH needs an office for work & his music stuff so a 4 bedroom is kind of a necessity. I did find a 3 bed with an outbuilding for laundry & study which would be even better (he makes a lot of noise!).

I live in an housing assosiation property so our rent is cheaper than private, but still more exspensive than it would be literally a 2 minute drive into the main town as its a quiet rural village we pay £428 for a large brand new 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment in a village if it was closer to the main part of town it would be less more towards £350 a month.

The main reason we didnt private rent is because its ridiculously high here, £750-£800 for a 2 bedroom flat or that price for a 2 bedroom house in the roughest parts of town. Looking towards £1000 plus for anything bigger or nicer here privately renting x

We're in the south east and pay 845 a month for a smallish 3 bed with a small rear garden. :)

We are in the north east and pay £700 a month for 3 bed detached bungalow with garage and gardens, moving next month to a 5 bed townhouse with no garden but really modern and spacious for £600 a month x

It will vary massively on where you live, and the area in that town. We pay £480 for a 3 bed, first floor maisonette with living room/dining room, bathroom, separate toilet and kitchen. It's a great house, and big for a maisonette but the area isn't great and it's first floor x

Not far from Heathrow and we pay £1500. That was the cheapest three bed we could find, in a not great estate and second floor.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

You're looking South-East so yep, gonna be extortionate I'm afraid. My FIL commutes nearly 2 hours each way per day to London in order to be able to afford the size house they want/need.

We're in Norfolk, and comparatively it's cheap as chips. We pay £475 a month for a small 2 bed terrace (pretty much the cheapest rent you can find around here so very lucky). If we wanted a 3 bed with a garage (which is what we need and will move into next) we're looking at £575-£675 depending on where and what the property was. What you're describing you're looking at the region of £800-£1000 pcm.

North Northumberland, we pay £625 for a detached house with a massive living room, absolutely huge kitchen, playroom, sunroom, garage, 4 bedrooms, downstairs shower room, upstairs bathroom, back and front garden, nice area of town right by the river. x

£1075 for a 2 bed house but I live in commuterville x

Before we bought, we paid £600 a month last year for 3 bed semi with garden but 3rd bedroom was very very small. Now you are looking at £650+ plus. A nice detached 3 bed around here is £750 plus a month

We pay £550 a month for a 3 bed end of terrace, reasonably sized house with a garage (but the door doesn't work:dohh:) with a small 'patio' for a garden in a pretty average part of town. If we wanted to move to a nicer area we'd be looking at probably around the same or even more for a smaller property although you do get the odd bargain.

30miles up the motorway where my in laws live £550 would get us a really nice house with a decent sized garden in a nicer area. The only thing that's stopping us from moving is oh's job and not wanting to take lo away from her family while she's still so young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->