Entertaining a 9 year old

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
we are having my niece to stay in a few weeks for a day and a night. We havent really got any money at the moment , what can we do with her and a 2 year old ???

When my lo is asleep in the evening I thought we would watch a film

It depends on what the 9year old is like. My sisters youngest is 10 and Esther is nearly 3 so we have similar age gap. If i was to have her stay with us then my niece would love playing with Esther with her toys. Or else i would get her to bring some of her own toys with her for them both to play with. At my two tend to go to bed fairly late i'm not sure there would be enough time for a film. D and E usually go to bed around 8pm and my niece would tend to go to bed no later than 9pm. As a one off though a film would work for us. If your lo goes to bed fairly early then a film would be a good idea. I would maybe get your nieces parents to send a few films with her.

she does like playing with my lo and her toys and thats ok for a little while in the day - will give me a break lol but I would like to take her out and do something with her as we dont see her too often

my lo is in bed by 7 so thats ok with timings for the film

Is it going to be during the week or at the weekend?

Swimming in our area is fairly cheap. Is she from your area? If not then you could take her out and about if the weather is dry. I know that my niece would spend a good hour or so at the park. You could take a picnic lunch too.

weekend - yes we could do the park and picnic if the weather is ok, I thought about bowling maybe if I can find a cheap deal

Not sure what deals you'll get for bowling. I was surprised at how expensive that is now-shows how long it is since i've been lol. There aren't any farm type places near you? We have one and i know my niece would love to go see the animals. Also fairly local to us is a rescue place where you can actually buy animals but you don't have to - it's a donation only to visit - that would keep my niece going for hours as she loves animals lol.

my 2 year old doesnt pay but yes I think it would be too much, there is a cheap farm nearby - guess will have to play it by ear with what the weather does.

Thanks for your help xx

You're welcome. Hope it all goes well when she comes to stay.

My eldest is 8 and my youngest is coming up to 2. I have to make sure I spend some one of one time with both of them seperately but when that is impossible we like drawing, baking, playing on the wii or just watching a DVD.

You could teach her how to cook something simple. I'm sure she would love spending the time with you. My 9 year old loves learning how to do grown up things. It makes her feel special and helps her begin to bridge the gap between little girl and young lady.

I agree with baking, cookies or something fun like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->