Ephraim vs Solomon??

little moomin

Mama of One for now!
Reaction score
Ok so there is no religious context to our name choices, we just really like these names and they go with our sons name (Elijah).
Now I slightly prefer the sound of Ephraim.i but can't think of a nice way to abbreviated it??
My husband prefers Solomon, I really like it and nicknames wouldn't be a problem but it makes me think of the word solemn, am I being insane???

I think either name would go nicely (haven't gotten to middle names but they would be something plain like James or Daniel so baby could use a more common name if they preferred), can't think of any possible rhymes, no problems with initials and surnames, so how do we choose?? :)

Solomon is lovely and he'd likely get "Sol'" by his mates which is kinda cute.

I like Solomon I think the NN Sol or Solie is cute! =]

I love Ephraim, i dont particularly like Sol as a nn

I quite like solly for when he is little, we thought we would call Elijah Eli but until he was bout three he ended up being lychee somehow?!! Just can't think for Ephraim though except Effy but thats a girls name. Hmmm decisions!

The origins of both Ephraim and Solomon are obviously biblical (hebrew). The short form of Ephraim is Effi, and is a common male nickname in Israel. Solomon would be Sol which is really cute.
You can also just give Sol and spell it Saul, though that is a different king!

Definitely don't like Saul over Solomon, and definitely don't like Effi as its a common girls name here, thats the only thing putting me off Ephraim.

I don't like Sol or Solomon. Ephraim is cool, Raim could be a nn or maybe even something like Rimmy/Rammy when he's little.

Ibrahim and Abraham are another versions of the name, wouldn't get Effi.

Definitely don't like Saul over Solomon, and definitely don't like Effi as its a common girls name here, thats the only thing putting me off Ephraim.

Go with Solomon then - nice strong name. It's my son's middle name, and my husband loved the name as King Solomon had many wives!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->