EPO tablets??

wanting2more

Reaction score
Who has used them? Do you think they are rubbish? or do you think its worth trying?

I have never done any of these things for my other babies but since walking/sex/squats/lunges/pineapple and sweeps didnt work for them im considering this so i can avoid inducement. This is our 4th and last baby and would really like a spontaneous labour since our last ended in inducement at 10 days over

Interested in what people think :)

I started taking it at 35 weeks orally. I then started to insert it at 36 weeks. I was in hospital on Monday, doctor couldn't find d my cervix cause it was too high, Wednesday I was checked again my cervix was 2cm long, closed but soft. I was then checked for a sweep on Thursday evening my cervix was 1cm closed, 1cm dilated and soft. I'm due to be induced on Thursday if my cervix is ready that's why I'm taking it. It doesn't induce labour, it just helps prepare everything down there. I stopped inserting cause it was difficult to reach. I take 3 a day 1000mg.

I was thinking more about insertion because my problem is my cervix doesnt like to play ball. Our kids have come at 10 over spontaneous, 3 over spontaneous and then the 10 over induced. I had the gels with our last baby and it did nothing so my logic was that if i started doing the EPO for a longer time maybe by the time my due date comes around my cervix will be a bit more favourable for a sweep

I took it with three of my five pregnancies and it never seemed to do anything for me.

I was thinking more about insertion because my problem is my cervix doesnt like to play ball. Our kids have come at 10 over spontaneous, 3 over spontaneous and then the 10 over induced. I had the gels with our last baby and it did nothing so my logic was that if i started doing the EPO for a longer time maybe by the time my due date comes around my cervix will be a bit more favourable for a sweep

It's not going to do any harm to you or baby so I'd give it a shot. I'm also drinking 1 cup of raspberry leaf tea a day. I no that's meant to help with the contractions, you contact better so you dilate quicker I'm led to believe. Anything is worth a shot if it's not harmful to you it baby. ;) Good Luck

I used them with all my pg's, from 36-37 wks. They never put me into labor, but they won't push ur body into labor, they will just make ur cervix more favorable. I've been induced every time ( to be fair, 3 of those were elective d/t various reasons) my cervix was always 1-2 cm and at least 50%. I think it's worth it. I inserted them with 3 pg, and took orally and inserted with my last. I didn't notice a difference between just inserting, and doing both.

Yea im not considering it thinking itll put me into early labour but more in the hopes of having a better chance of a spontaneous labour. If my chemist has them ill give them a shot, I have an irritable uterus which i also had with my last baby so i know that doesnt always spur on labour either considering i had to be induced in the end.

Thanks heaps ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"