ERPC booked tomorrow

sue247

Reaction score
Hi,

After finding out about my MMC on Friday last week i have my ERPC booked for tomorrow. I was really starting to feel better, after having my consultation today i am miserable and feel quite down. I am so dreading tomorrow. Did not realise that i would have to insert tablets and that alone is just awful. I feel so scared and miserable that i have to go through this.. :cry: Be nice to hear from others who have been through this.

Just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow xxx

don't worry hun, it's fine honest and the tablets are nothing, they are just to soften your cervix and you don't get any pain from them as they take you to theatre before they have chance to act that far. they are tiny things as well. by the time you come out of theatre, you been given that many painkillers in the injections that the pain is minimal. I felt really good after mine and only started getting a bit low again after about 3 days or so.

I hate hospitals and had only ever had one other operation before about 10 years ago to have my wisdom teeth out so I'm the worse patient going.

It will be fine, honest. xx

Hi Sue

I know the procedure sounds scary, I was absolutely crapping myself and very very worried the evening before my op but it didn't turn out to be so bad in the end. Other than the waiting around before I went down which seemed like it went on for ages but in actual fact was only a couple of hours or so I don't remember much.

They will give you the tablets to insert but it was only a short while after doing that when I went down to theatre. I didn't really have time to think about it though I was partly on auto pilot as I just wanted it over and done with. When I came round I felt fine and was taken back up to the ward after I'd come round from the general and was given some water to drink. A little while after I was offered a cup of tea and a sandwich and some biscuits.

Try not to worry too much. Have a nice bath tonight and if you can get an early night as you might have a bit of waiting around tomorrow. I hope it all goes well for you and that your recovery is a good one afterwards :hugs:

:hugs:i wont lie to you its crap, its a horrible feeling of dread and fear!

I had medical managment 6 weels b4 the erpc (took that long to c it hadnt worked long story).

In medical i had to insert the pills too 4 of them very small and nurse gave me option to place them myself just like putting a tampn on in--nothing to painfull!

Woest part of op is the canuler needle in hand arghh drove me wild! i was scared out of my mind i tried for 9 weeks to avoid surgery only to end up needingemerganncy erpc!

Look you are strong it will be over b4 u know it! i think the build up to the op is worse!

yOu will feel drowsy afterwards but not for long be kind to yoirself behave like a 5 year old have a few days or as long as u need to mope feel sorry for yourself cry be angry and then enjoy the relief that at least the physical part of your nighymare is coming to a close!

You will be fine, its not a nice thing to go through but you will get through it!!!!!

Hope you're ok and you got my last PM. Wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow (or should I say today!), you will be just fine. Will be thinking of you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :hugs: xxx

Sue I will be thinking of you today my love. Try not to worry about the surgery, it is a straightforward procedure and although you know you'll have people fiddling around inside you, you'll be well under and so it's a little easier to bear.

I was right as rain when they brought me round - no sickness, no drowsiness, just some bleeding. It will be a horrible day, but try to hold your head high and think of it as Day 1 of recovery xxxx

Hi hun thinking of you today x

Thinking of you and sending lots of love darling :hugs:

Hi Girls, thanks so much for all your words of encouragment. Really helped at this time! X

This has been the saddest experience of my life. But i feel so relieved the ERPC is over. Feel i can start trying to heal. Even though the baby had died a week ago, there was definately this feeling that my baby was no longer there when i woke up.. When i got to the hospital just felt so sad, (and kind of kept thinking 'what if the baby is really ok..?). But the procedure was not as bad as i expected. Though did find it hard to insert the tablets myself, guess i was just so nervous and the whole experience was horrible, was scared if i would start having lots of pain when it was in - but it was ok..

I dont know where everyone is from, i am from Croydon South London, and I have found the nursing staff dont know how to deal with these situations and are not compassionate? The woman who did the scan and discovered no heart beat, barely looked at me and muttered in a disinterested voice that the baby was dead. and there was just so many examples of this.

Anyway, i am bleeding a lot. But hope that it will slow down soon. Not feeling very festive. Did not help that when i returned from the hospital i had a letter from the hosipital congratulating me on the pregnancy and giving me a 1st scan date for Jan 8th. That was depressing.

Anyway, wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a wonderful 2010 and hope that it will be our year when our hopes and dreams will be fulfilled. Think after this terrible year we so deserve it!!

Am glad the procedure went as well as these things can do. I think I was very lucky as the staff at our hospital were very compassionate although reading a lot of other peoples experiences on here this seems to be quite rare.

I felt the same as you when I came back from my op, kind of empty, which obviously I knew I was but seeing as I never really felt different whilst pregnant I was suprised I felt so different afterwards. I did find that once my erpc was over both myself and my OH were able to start the healing process and start thinking about the future. Just take it a day at a time as you may be a little up and down emotionally :hugs:

I'm sorry you came home to a letter from the hospital. The day after my op I had my medical card and a letter from the Drs asking me to make an appointment for a swine flu jab arrive in the post, along with lots of pamphlets and things from baby clubs I'd joined - that definitely sucked :cry:

I hope you manage to have a restful Christmas and that 2010 brings us all some much needed happiness :hugs:

am glad all went as well as could be today. take care of yourself xxx

Hi hun. So glad to hear all went well and hope you're feeling better now and the cramps and bleeding have died down. It all sounds perfectly normal to me and similar to what I experienced after my op. I hope you've managed to put your feet up over Christmas and you're on the road to recovery. Have been thinking of you loads but didn't manage to get online at my in-laws in the end as my FIL couldn't remember his password! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->