Essex BnB'ers!!!!

Lol yep and when I took the girl I look after there for an appointment we had to sit there and wait for her name to pop up on the screen just like when you wait for your flight to appear at the airport lol!

Hi ladies, I live in herts, but very close in cheshunt, having my baby at harlow. Have any of you had babies there previously?? Xx

Hiya, i live in waltham cross so not to far from you. Had my LO at harlow last year. Had to have her on labour wars which i wasnt happy about. Wanted birthing suite, much nicer! Have you been on the tour yet? If not, i recomend going to have a look. Midwives there were lovely though... i had quite a few as i was there nearly 3 days lol. Any questions you can pm me if you like xx

Oooh thanks MISSR!! I m newish to the area so had my first in Whittington in archway, n. London . Thanks for replying, you live just next door to me. Are you from Waltham cross originally?
How do I go about getting a tour? How Do you know if you will be in birthing suite or labour ward? Last time I had spontneous labour and was in a labour ward I believe but it was all a blur :dohh: sorry for all the questions. The midwives seem lovely there but the consultants- not so much. I've met some really rude ones!!! Xxx

Oh really, thats strange.... do you go to toddler groups etc in the area? I originally lived in waltham abbey and then moved around a lot and ended up 2 minutes from there! Ohh so youve moved quite a way away. How long have you been here for?

I got a tour by talking to midwife about it... if i remember right, she gave me a leaflet about it with the time to go... or i think you can ring the hosp and they let you know when the next tour is. You usually get put on birthing suite i think... i only went labour ward because i was induced. And i think if you want an epi you are put on labour ward. I wanted a water birth but never happened :( but as like you, its a blur and didnt even matter where i was at the time!

Yes i met a few rude people there.... like they kind of want to rush through their business with you and move on. But otherwise they was great with me. And i was an absolute hideous wreck whilst in labour and they was so kind to me!!

Its fine, ask me all you want! Xx

Thanks Hun. No, I don't really go to any toddler groups. I tried a few round here cheshunt/ goffs oak but didn't really feel too comfortable, I'm a bit shy! I plan to go when this baby comes along if you know any good ones?
Thanks, I'll ask the midwives next time I'm in.
Well I'm from Surrey, moved to London to be with dh then we moved here so I've moved around lol. I've been here over a year now. It's not ideal being induced I know, but your little one looks gorgeous!! The things we do for them!!

Thanks for all the info, I'm going to try not to have an Epi but if I demand one they better provide one!! :haha: I'll just play it by ear! I'll probably have more questions for you lol xxxx

Tbh ive never been to any round here... me and my sister (she has a LO that is 15 months) are planning to start going to few every week. We also go cheeky monkeys a lot in cheshunt if youve ever been there? Soft play centre. I get what you mean though, i would be quite nervous to go without my sister but i want my LO to start interacting more with others because shes very clingy!!

Do ask your midwife because i found it really nice to go there and know what to expect. Even though it looked a bit crappy in the labour ward but its not too bad. Ohhh so your from quite far away originally... what made you move down to this area? Do you like it?

I hated being induced but had to be done! How was your first labour? Nervous about this one? Awww thank you, shes a nightmare right now, loves to create mess at every turn lol!

You are brave not wanting an epi but i suppose youve been through it before! They will give you one if you want it... i got one at 1cm cos im a complete baby haha. Feel free to ask anything :) xxx

Hey Ladies!

I'm sara, 34 weeks pregant and I live in romford!

Will be having bubs at Queens and hoping to use the home birthing suite! Have an assessement booked for 36 weeks to see if I'm low risk enough! I had a cone biopsy 2 years ago to remove some abnormal cells from my cervix, so might not be allowed there :O((

Really have my heart set on it! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"