Essex BnB'ers!!!!

Ek glad you're ok :) I'm jealous you got to try gas and air before labour, if I could try it then I could make my decision on what I want during the birth lol!

I don't live in Chelms, I live in Wickford. Obviously Basildon's nearest but I chose Broomfield instead :thumbup:

i've had it a couple of times before, years ago i had 'appendix trouble' and had it in the ambulance, i told the paramedic he looked like a frog and started ribbetting at him! never felt so bad it my life! haha.
i loved it though, it's almost like being drunk but without the sicky feeling- for me anyway. i know it makes some people really sick, my mum vomits on one puff!
but it's an instant thing, so it helps straight away, and if you don't like it it goes straight away as well.
ah, broomfield does seem lovely. i worked in the whsmith downstairs, and had my scans there, so i know it pretty well

Ahh that sounds good then :) Best the NHS have ever given me is paracetomol, even when I had needles in my eye when I was 5 lol!

I've had all my scans and early M/W appointments at Broomfield too, my midwife is Christine but i've seen someone different every time, they all seem really nice although I wouldn't want to get on any of their bad sides lol!

I thought the scans at Broomfield were brilliant, was much more then I expected although i've only ever seen scans on TV/films before lol! Some random member of the public walked in on my scan though LOL made me laugh :)

i really like how they have the screens on the ceiling so you can watch while they're doing their checks and not have to wait for them to turn the screen around.

i see the community midwives at my gp, they're based in the hospital. i've never seen the same one twice though!

Hello ladies :)

I'm an Essex bnb'er! I live local-ish to and will be delivering in Queens hospital! I also had my first LO there.

Hi ladies :hi:
I haven't posted on here for a while, I hope everyone is doing well
is anyone else due to give birth at King Georges?

Hiya, I was born and bred in Chelmsford, had both my children in st johns so having this one on Broomfield will be all new. I have some bad memories there so not looking forward to it :/

Hiya, I was born and bred in Chelmsford, had both my children in st johns so having this one on Broomfield will be all new. I have some bad memories there so not looking forward to it :/

the new ward and staff seem lovely. and i'll let you know how i get i on :hugs:

Thanks hun :hugs: Im really worried about the parking too, how is it now? Before the refurb it was so bad

Hello ladies :)

I'm an Essex bnb'er! I live local-ish to and will be delivering in Queens hospital! I also had my first LO there.

Hi Hun, I'll be delivering my little madam in queens hosp too. When are you due? How did you find queens when you had your first LO? They have such a bad reputation for their maternity ward that it worries me. I had my twins there in 2010 but I can't really rely on that experience as I was watched like a hawk and they were really attentive from the very beginning as I was carrying identical twins and therefore considered very high risk. I don't know how their treatment of me will be with a single baby so I'm a little anxious.

How's your pregnancy going? What part of Essex are you from?

Thanks hun :hugs: Im really worried about the parking too, how is it now? Before the refurb it was so bad

it's so much better. when you go to L&D you can get dropped off right at the door. there's a big multi-story car park now. it's a bit expensive, but no more than any other hospital x

I've just realised I have no idea where emergency L&D is at broomfield! Is it round the corner near oncology???

Emma, how is your partners co-worker? I was expecting to hear a mention on the news or something seeing as you're in the area but obviously this happens too often to be reported :(

do you know where the a&e entrance is? it's the door next to that.
um, he's getting there i think. they stabbed him in the neck! they're all over cctv though so if they're not caught already it won't be long

Oh I think I know :) There's an entrance to A&E from the 1st floor of the carpark isn't there? When I have my 34 week blood tests I'll make sure I know where it is lol! Don't want to get there and get lost!

Glad he's recovering, feel really bad for the guy :( I'm sure they'll catch the men if they've got it on CCTV.

yeah, the big doors for a&e in the car park, just to the right there's the entrance to L&D, you just get buzzed in. it's good cos you can get out of the car right at the door instead of being wheeled round the hospital screaming!

the police know who they're looking for, they're known burglars in chelmsford. i'd be surprised if they haven't been caught yet

Ooo I don't know this bit was here

Do you mind if I join ? I'm Jen 28 I live in dagenham but originally from Scotland

I will be delivering at queens hospital

I also have a 7 year old son too xx

Ooo I don't know this bit was here

Do you mind if I join ? I'm Jen 28 I live in dagenham but originally from Scotland

I will be delivering at queens hospital

I also have a 7 year old son too xx

Hello :wave: how are you? xxx

Will anyone be delivering at The Rosie Hospital - Cambridge? Or have already delivered? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->