Evening Primrose Oil- anyone use it??

VGibs

NTNP=#4 on the way
Reaction score
I have been ummm "dry" since I had my daughter 7 years ago. Doc said it happens to some of us which makes it very hard for me to record my CM. I was reading about primrose and how it is supposed to be good for producing better CM. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and or hated/liked it????

hi Hun
I tried it 2 cycles ago and it gave me looooots of CM. Like you I am normally quite lacking in that department.
I didnt use it last cycle as i didnt really like how much Cm it gaev me - it was laods verging on pantyliner weather.
Also I dont know if it is actual Cm or if its vaginal discharge, does anyone know if its the proper Cm baby making stuff ?!
Good luck getting your bfp x

I've tried it for 2 cycles. The first I got some ewcm but not loads. The second I got none. I'm going to try it for one more cycle and then ditch it if I don't get results.

I Tried it the cycle i got pregnant and i got loads of EWCM after taking 1000mg per day from cd1-12 :) U cannot continue to take this after u Ovulate btw.

I used last mth and didnt make much difference and this cycle it made a little difference so i think it can be hit and miss... I use conceive plus lubricant tho as this is very similar to EWCM and i used that the cycle i got pg too so maybe it was more that ;-)

xxx

Oh yeah, Africaqueen reminded me, I used preseed both times I got pregnant. The first month I tried it, I got pregnant and I had no ewcm that month.

I have my pre~seed on order and it should be here anyday now. I just dont know if it takes the place of natural CM or works better ya know???

It does take the place of your cm. And also, vaginal discharge is cm :) It changes throughout your cycle that's all. You shouldn't have any discharge but the cm meaning if you do its a sign of infection etc - which im sure is not what you meant when you said discharge, lol! :)

I don't have probs in the ewcm deptm but preesed (zestica and conceive plus) all help the little suckers in the vaginal canal and i don't see how that can be a bad thing, so im using it now :)

Oh, and yes. Im on epo because its known to regulate your hormones and generally help a woman's system. You do as Africaqueen said, though get the super charged variety if you wanna use it for cm purposes. About 1000- 3000mg a day. They've got it at Boots.

You could also try drinking grapefruit juice everyday, or a tablespoon of honey everyday and the piece de resistance; cough syrup. It has to only have guaifenesen as an active ingredient and be listed first on the label. Tesco sells an ' Adult chesty cough syrup' you can use. You can google using cough syrup for cm for exact measurements of how much to take. It helps building up the ewcm in the same way it gets phlegm from your lungs- nice, i know.. but it does work apparently :) And a lot of women on clomid use it as clomid can dry up the cm.

The last resort, albeit not as crazy as it sounds, is using eggwhites. They are pure protein like sperm and work the same way as ewcm, nurturing and helping them climb up the vagina. Its also cheaper than preseed et al. And no, you wont get salmonella (it cant penetrate the vagina ) and all eggs in UK are treated anyway. Get organic ones and use room temp - cold eggwhites up the hoohah is not good, lol!

Hope that helps and good luck, hun!

omi, you are Ms Information, thanks for that

I think i mightve read that if you take EPO for cm, you should stop taking oit at ovulation until CD 1 starts again? mightve made that up though

Hey Nato, that's right. CD1 to ovulation for EPO. Apparently it can cause uterine contractions after O

oo. that doesnt apply to omegas does it? im taking EPA and DHA together and my uterus is cramping all over the place

I second that, and sorry for forgetting it (was growing a big head there NatoPMT, LOL!)

Cheers, xxx

oo. that doesnt apply to omegas does it? im taking EPA and DHA together and my uterus is cramping all over the place

It doesn't apply to EPA and DHA. My acupuncturist advised taking fish oil throughout my cycle. I don't think that is causing your cramping. I know you read somewhere that cramping for more days can be a bad sign, but honestly I've known lots of women who felt like AF was coming on only to find out it was a BFP. I know you must be freaking out right now, but I'm sure things are ok in your uterus. I think it is either a BFP (healthy!) or AF is gearing up.

I tried talking EPO this month as since my ERPC I have not experienced any EWCM whatsoever. I do get a couple of days of watery CM around OV but none of the egg white stuff so I wanted to try and increase it.

I took 3000mg in 3 x 1000mg capsules morning, lunchtime and tea time between CD1 – 11 and drunk at least a litre of water a day and it hasn’t made any difference at all to my CM. In fact I think it was worse this month than it has ever been :dohh:

I still have quite a few of the capsules left so I will try it again next month to see if it has any effect, if not I probably won’t bother taking it after the tub has run out. I might switch over to either fish oils or flaxseed as have read they can also have a similar effect.

I am extremely jealous of anyone who gets EWCM at the moment. I used to always get it but since my mc not a sign of it at all :growlmad:

I would also like to second Heartree's post, many people cramp post ov without any probs and i can attest to that. I start having twinges as early as 2dpo, its just the way it is unfortunately :)

the cramps have defo stopped today, i feel victorious!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->