Evening wedding reception ..

xJessie91x

Reaction score
Me and my partner will be going to an evening do for a friend at the end of may. I will be 36+4 and wondering what you all think I should wear?! I will have to buy something as nothing suitable fits me now lol.
Im usually a size 10 and Bump is all out front so I was thinking a maxi dress - -Any other suggestions? Also where is best to look online so far I like one on new look, would post a pic but iPhones won't let me so will try a link!
:flower:
https://m.newlook.com/mcs/publish/4923/76718?prodid=245745832&cat=cat30118&name=view-all-maternity
What do you all think? :)

V pretty can jazz it up with accessories

Oooohhh it said low stock but won't let me add to basket :(
Guess its time for plan b ... Whatever that may be lol

i think its really nice :)

New Look has some lovely dresses - I went to a evening reception a few weeks ago and wore a black/white polka dot dress but they don't seem to have it now

A big plus is that is highly unlikely someone will be there in the same dress... ;)

We have 4 Weddings this summer :wacko: 2 before baby and 2 afterwards. I bought a dress from Monsoon as I hope to be able to wear the same thing to the post-baby Weddings (as it's not 'actual' maternity wear) and it actually looked nicer on my bump than the maternity stuff I tried which was all a bit sack-like!

This is the one I got: https://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.38/3531680810
But I tried on about 10 different maxi dresses there and they all looked lovely - I was really impressed!

Hey

My brother is getting married next weekend, and I will be 37+5!!! I looked at buying but also hiring a maternity dress. There are loads of companies that will hire dresses, some cost the earth but others are really nice and cost very little. Might be useful to Google and see if there is anything suitable?? Hope you find something nice!!!

I got a lovely long blouse from h and m black with sequin details I wore it with tights and heels for a christening! I know blacks a bit mmmm but feel really comfy in it and not massive loads of people commented how lovely I looked also! Has been well worn since! Was only £20 xx

Asos has a lot of really lovely maternity dresses & maxi dresses.

I got a red dress which has a tie at back from newlook mat wear online, I was 12 - nearer 14 before preg and I ordered it in a medium or 16 can't memeber which. I've warn it loads from xmas time and fits and looks just as nice then and does now with my 39wk bump! Lol got weddin in 3week so will hav babba by then, and breastfeddin so need find something to wear to that now! The red one may do hav see bout feedin.. And post preg size! And it was only like £20 I think x

If you go for a maxi dress you'll more than likely get away with a non maternity one that you can continue to wear afterwards. Not much point in buying more maternity wear at this stage. I have several pre pregnancy maxis that all look fine now. They fit beautifully over my bump and I have a rather large 'all up front' bump!

Same here, I got a regular maxi dress in matalan in my usual size and wore it to a wedding last week, I should be able to wear it after baby comes too. Also with a maxi yoc can wear flats and / or hide swollen ankles. Mine only began to swell a couple of days before the wedding so I was glad of the maxi!

Thanks ladies, thts a good idea not buying maternity :) will try Matalan as hadnt thought of there yet! :) x

I can still fit into most of my pre pregnancy dresses with empire lines. I have a huge bump but not put weight on elsewhere. Seems a shame to buy maternity stuff at such a late stage... perhaps try a non maternity dress? Then you could wear it afterwards too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->