eventful night then spent morning up A&E :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by chrissy5, Jan 25, 2011.

1. chrissy5

chrissy5 Well-Known Member

well last night i had stomach cramps, the kind u get when u gonna have a dodgy tummy so went to the loo, sat on toilet and promptly passed out. woke up with a swolln face and blood on the floor, I felt fine but exhausted and my lil girl (4) was inconsolable cos she thought i was going away and never coming back so i just went to bed.
    This morning i got up and my mate took me to a&e, i have a 2inch cut on top of my head and a cut by my eye, I have an eye a boxer would be proud of and every inch of my body aches. baby is fine, we heard the heartbeat which is a relief!!!

2. Brieanna

Brieanna Well-Known Member

That sounds horrible! I'm glad the baby is fine. Did they check iron levels? I have heard that being anemic can cause you to pass out.

Hope you feel better! :)

3. Bocket

Bocket Well-Known Member

oh no! Do they know why you passed out??

Hope u are feeling better - take it easy for next few days hun!

Hope the bruises heal quickly x

4. chrissy5

iron leels are fine, blood pressure is low tho which they say caused it. feel like i've been hit by a train x

5. Katie Tattie

Katie Tattie Well-Known Member

Thats awful! Hope you are feeling ok now? did they not give you any indication as to what it could have been? x

6. buttercup29

buttercup29 Well-Known Member

awww how awful hun hope ya feel better soon xx

7. Lauraaraa

Lauraaraa Love My Baby Girl

bless you

that must of been so scary. i live on my own and have been having fainting episodes recently and i am scared tht if it happens no one will find me, also my family live 6 hours away

thnkgod baby is ok

8. chrissy5

Thanks girls it was caused by low blood pressure. very scary time and also very sore now. I've been told to do nothing for 5 days and to drink plenty of fluid so thats what I'm doing. It is har with 5 other kiddlies running around but my hubby isnt doing too bad a job. I'm taking paracetamol for the aches but surprisingly my head isnt sore xx