Eventually had my baby!! Story :)

Kellyx

Reaction score
I had my date for induction which was Friday. I had no signs of labour or anything. So, I went to the hospital and they gave me a pessary with a gel (inside me) and kept me in overnight. The pessary kept falling out. It was so irritating. They checked me in the morning and It hadn't done anything. They sent me home. I was so upset that nothing was happening.

I went back in on the Sunday and they put a stronger gel in and left me for 6 hours. They checked me again and my cervix was open JUST a little. The midwife tried to break my waters but couldn't even get in to do it. It was agony! So she got a more experienced midwife. She managed to do it. It was so painful my legs were shaking! There was so much water there it just kept coming and coming. When she broke them they actually came gushing out and went all over her. Soaking her right through to her underwear lol.

I had to stay in the bed all through my labour. I wanted to be more mobile but sadly I couldn't be. I was hooked up to a machine for to monitor the babys heartbeat and one for to make my contractions come on. I was using gas and air when I felt them come on. I couldn't stop laughing when I first took it lol. Then the pain got so bad that I decided to get an epidural. The epidural didn't work for me very well. I felt EVERYTHING!

Towards the end, I was so tired. I was fed up from being overdue and also having to go through an induction. It was very painful. I was crying and I told them they had to help me and pull him out. I said I couldn't do it and that it was too hard. They reassured me and said I was doing great. I pushed a lot to get him out. So exhausting! They don't call it labour for nothing!

He was finally born at 01:16am on Monday 30th. He weight 8lb 7oz and was 60cms long!

Anyway, thanks for reading :)

Here is my little baby boy, Calvin :)

Attachments

• Calvin.jpg
    Calvin.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 72
That sounds like a very exhausting labor and birth! Good job getting through it and congrats on your beautiful baby! :)

Aww he's a cutey :) well done & congratulations x

Well done for getting through that ordeal! I bet he makes it all worth it though! x

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy, pushing them out is the hardest thing ever, especially if you have to lie down. Well done x

Well done you! :) he's a wee cracker! :) congratulations xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->