Ever wanna just throw in the towel?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
In regards to getting ready every... single... day?! :haha:

Seriously- I am not that woman that can just wake up, throw my hair up, forgo make-up and go! I mean I *could* -- but I wouldn't.

Some days I seriously don't want to spend my time putting on lotions and sprays and makeup- then taking it all off at night only put on more lotions... To start it all again the next day... and repeat...

Can someone please just do it for me? Oh wait, that's right, I'm not a Kardashian- I can't afford to pay others to wash my hair and do my makeup whenever I want! :dohh:

Yeah I cant be bothered most days but I do it. Except when im not working. If I am going shopping or something I make the effort but if its me and lo at the park then i like to give my skin a break!

Sometimes I just don't bother tbh! I tell myself I'm giving my skin a break, but I'm just lazy :lol:

Oh yes! I especially hate taking my makeup off at night when I'm tired. Luckily I'm good with hair so that only takes me two minutes but I couldn't leave the house makeup free. My mum has never worn makeup and never used a single product apart from hand soap and shampoo, and her skin at 57(ish) is amazing, which makes me wonder if it's all a massive scam!

Oh yes!!!!! I feel like my day properly starts once my make up is on.
One way to cut down on time is 2 or 3 times a week I will spend ages doing my hair and only washing it then rather than rushing it every day. I don't really get greasy hair though so that saves time.
As for taking make up off I am guilty of forgetting to do that quite often!

Lol, I'm more a lurker in here but when I read this I had to reply:winkwink:

When I was younger I thought it would be great to shape my eyebrows with a razor:wacko: needless to say it didn't go well and now everyday without fail and I mean illness, having my lo's etc I have to use a pencil to make them look somewhat normal. What I'd do to have someone else sort it all out for me:cry:

Lol, I'm more a lurker in here but when I read this I had to reply:winkwink:

When I was younger I thought it would be great to shape my eyebrows with a razor:wacko: needless to say it didn't go well and now everyday without fail and I mean illness, having my lo's etc I have to use a pencil to make them look somewhat normal. What I'd do to have someone else sort it all out for me:cry:

My sister did the same and hers are now really thin. Lucky for me I have been doing the same since I was 12 and my eyebrows are my favourite feature :blush: I am just blessed with razor eyebrow shaping :haha:

Oh yes!!! I don't go out without makeup, my hair is what takes the longest, I wish I could wake up with it nice and sleek not like a birds nest.

I've cut back on my day to day makeup now so it only takes 5 mins now but if I'm going work the full face has to go on, and at 6am I really wish I was a natural beauty!

Thanks ladies! Glad to know I'm not the only one... hehe.

I used to pencil in my eye brows- I have them, but they are blonde but once I discovered how to die them- my life changed! :haha: I paid to have it done for a long time- but thankfully figured it out on my own thanks to the beauty supply shop ;)

I have curly hair- so yeah, it does go up often- I've just not the time or energy to do otherwise most days. But I cannot leave the house without makeup- unless it's for an early morning gym class! haha. Then whatever, I'll be all sweaty and red faced during/after anyway!

Oh yes!!! I don't go out without makeup, my hair is what takes the longest, I wish I could wake up with it nice and sleek not like a birds nest.

I've cut back on my day to day makeup now so it only takes 5 mins now but if I'm going work the full face has to go on, and at 6am I really wish I was a natural beauty!

haha- I relate to the birds nest with curly hair! I can't just brush through, throw in a pony and go! That would be hilarious!!! :dohh:

My makeup is minimal pretty much every day- unless I'm going out on the town (so what, once a year? buahaha)- but only takes me 5mins too. It's all the lotions and potions I have to use that take so much time! haha. I have excema- and I'm 40- so I'm not taking any risks when it comes to my skin care! Still... one magic bottle would be lovely! ;)

Thanks ladies! Glad to know I'm not the only one... hehe.

I used to pencil in my eye brows- I have them, but they are blonde but once I discovered how to die them- my life changed! :haha: I paid to have it done for a long time- but thankfully figured it out on my own thanks to the beauty supply shop ;)

I have curly hair- so yeah, it does go up often- I've just not the time or energy to do otherwise most days. But I cannot leave the house without makeup- unless it's for an early morning gym class! haha. Then whatever, I'll be all sweaty and red faced during/after anyway!

I have considered getting them tattooed on but am too scared they might draw them on wrong and I'd be walking round looking stranger than I do now

https://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/flirt/eyebrow-wiggle-smiley-emoticon.gif

I've seen several people tattoo their eyebrows and regret it! They have never ended up looking good, or right. And there's no going back!

I'm a make up person as well! I don't always need it on, mostly because I live in a small town and I usually only go to the gas station here or the local store so putting it on to go out for five minutes is kind of pointless. But when I go out of town, which is more often than not, make up definitely goes on and hair gets a little extra treatment. It's pretty low maintenance so it's not difficult to make it look nice.

haha- I relate to the birds nest with curly hair! I can't just brush through, throw in a pony and go! That would be hilarious!!! :dohh:

My makeup is minimal pretty much every day- unless I'm going out on the town (so what, once a year? buahaha)- but only takes me 5mins too. It's all the lotions and potions I have to use that take so much time! haha. I have excema- and I'm 40- so I'm not taking any risks when it comes to my skin care! Still... one magic bottle would be lovely! ;)

It's so annoying isn't it!! I just have a slight wave in my hair but I must toss and turn in my sleep because I wake up and it's just on top of my head! I either have to wash it or spray it then blow dry it flat! My back up in a hurry is a plait (braid) but I recently got a side fringe cut in and wish I hadn't!

I don't use any creams, except a moisturiser every day on my face and just baby wipes at night to take make up off. I should try more though! I was slightly offended tho when my mum gave me a few Clarins testers for my birthday and one was a moisturiser for maturing and hormonal skin, I only turned 28!!!!

I feel the same. I wish i just clicked my fingers and it would be all done. Or i could get ready the night before and just wake up dressed and ready for work :haha:

I feel the same. I wish i just clicked my fingers and it would be all done. Or i could get ready the night before and just wake up dressed and ready for work :haha:

TOTALLY! I want to be a genie!!! :haha:

It's so annoying isn't it!! I just have a slight wave in my hair but I must toss and turn in my sleep because I wake up and it's just on top of my head! I either have to wash it or spray it then blow dry it flat! My back up in a hurry is a plait (braid) but I recently got a side fringe cut in and wish I hadn't!

I don't use any creams, except a moisturiser every day on my face and just baby wipes at night to take make up off. I should try more though! I was slightly offended tho when my mum gave me a few Clarins testers for my birthday and one was a moisturiser for maturing and hormonal skin, I only turned 28!!!!

Mine is very curly- so yes! haha. I love my hair- I just don't want to mess around with it! I cut it short after LO was born- HUGE mistake! won't do that again... now my best friend in the AM is a bottle of water mixed with light conditioner-- I spritz a bit of that on (the days I don't wash my hair)- then run some oil through with my fingers and let it sit while I do my makeup- then pull it up! :thumbup:

Being that your only 28 (and yes, I can say "only" cause I'm 40) it's actually the perfect age to start a good routine- be ahead of time! haha. I've used moisturizers and face washes since I was a teenager! I remember stealing my Mom's Oil of Olay! :winkwink:

Yeah I pretty much threw in the towel when I was pregnant with DS (for worries of chemicals in my cosmetics! Not laziness....) and I haven't yet been able to pick it back up again. I do my hair, although it's usually up I do my bangs every morning, but no makeup. The world didn't cave in. Mom's didn't hide their babies from my hideous face. I am not even sure people really noticed. Now I don't care. I do try and wear jewelry every day and do my bangs, but that's it.

The world didn't cave in. Mom's didn't hide their babies from my hideous face. I am not even sure people really noticed. Now I don't care.

This made me laugh :haha:

The world didn't cave in. Mom's didn't hide their babies from my hideous face. I am not even sure people really noticed. Now I don't care.

This made me laugh :haha:

LOL I hoped it did, if it didn't....:dohh::haha:

Seriously, I've thought about stocking up on some Meow cosmetics and doing it. But really, if I am going to get up earlier and have more time in the morning, I should really do something like work out, or cook a good breakfast, instead of putting on makeup.

I feel like this every weekday, lol! And I'm totally lazy about getting ready for work, because I just do NOT care what I look like to sit in a lab all day working. I only put forth effort to look nice on the weekends, or evenings we actually have plans to go out. I prefer looking nice, with make up and all that stuff, but its too much work and effort for the daily work grind. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->