Everette Ann's birth story

libbylou

Mommy to Everette Ann
Reaction score
Finally getting around to posting this :)

I was scheduled for an "elective" csection on April 25 due to baby being breech. We'd found out she was presenting frank breech at a 35 week ultrasound and despite all my efforts with chiro, acupuncture, etc she wasn't turning
I was pretty upset about losing my natural delivery, but knew getting her here safe and sound was the main thing

The morning of April 25 I actually went into labour on my own.
Went in for my 10am appt with the OB. Waited until almost 12 to see the OB. Contractions mild and bearable at this point.
He would have sent me home as the OR was full, but had to keep me as an "add-on" csection because I was in labour and she was breech
They housed me in the mother/babe ward (they house the elective csections in mother/babe rather than labour/delivery) which meant they basically threw me in a shared room on a bed and left me there.
By 4pm my contractions were getting super intense and really close together...I would have 3 or 4 strong contractions within seconds of each other and then a 10 min reprieve.
DH grabbed a nurse and told her...she panicked as they don't normally deal with labouring mothers in that ward...called the OB who came up and goes "when was the last time you were checked for progress?" Um NEVER!
So he checked me and I was 3cm and he could feel her feet...turns out she did move after all, just in the wrong direction!
They "rushed" me into the OR a couple hours later (they had to call all the OR staff back in as they were already done for the day) and set me up. My god the spinal was the best thing ever.

Everette Ann was born 6:18pm April 25, 2012. She weighed in at 7lb10oz, measured 18.9" long and got a 9/10 on the Agpar. Everyone kept commenting on how alert she was right after delivery!
DH came into the OR for the delivery and got to do the ceremonial cord cutting. He stayed with me holding Everette until they wheeled me into recovery and he sat next to me while I recovered. My midwife was there and helped me nurse right away
Coming off the anesthetic was bad, I got super nauseaus and got the shakes really bad and it took 2 hours for it to wear off.

Was out of the hospital in less than 48 hours after my csection. The shared room sucked and I was getting NO sleep so my midwife sent me home to rest.
Everette is such an awesome little girl, really happy and content. She's nursing like a champ and I couldn't love her more :cloud9:

Here she is giving angry face right after delivery
https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/561176_10151578847695508_693595507_24198336_1817024584_n.jpg

Having a nap on daddy in the hospital
https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/552936_10151578880715508_693595507_24198588_1334178631_n.jpg

Aaaw congratulations she is gorgeous!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->