Every Pregnancy Is Different??...Damn Right!!

xluciex

Reaction score
My pregnancy is COMPLETELY different second time round!
My First Pregnancy was a dream compared to this one lol.

On Wednesday I popped to the GP as my sickness had been getting progressively worse over a 2 week period to the point I was throwing up 15+ times a day and not being able to look after my 13 month old, & running out of tesco after walking down the fruit & veg aisle (the first aisle :haha: ) I didn't even make it half way through my shop without having to run out & be sick in the middle of the car park ( so embarrassing )

She done a urine test and sent me straight to a&e as I had 4+ ketones (severe dehydration). I was admitted and out on a drip for the duration of my stay & given anti sickness meds. They have diagnosed me with Hyperemesis gravidarum. I was given a scan incase if molar or multiple pregnancy...just the one baby in there :happydance: with a whopping heart rate of 178bpm!! Measured 7wks 6days yesterday. I was discharged yesterday evening as there was no change in my ketones but with the tablets I'm finally able to keep food & drink down :thumbup:

They offered to write me a sick note as I'm not well enough to work, but as I've just started a new job (4weeks ago) I turned it down as I'm not entitled to sick pay so I have to go in. This morning I woke up feeling like ild been hit by a bus/nauseous., so I called in sick grr. Really have to go in on Monday as I can't afford not to, but I know I won't be feeling up to it..!

The meds have helped me to stop being physically sick (so far), but I feel like I've been at a wild party and havnt slept in a year & really nauseous.
I can't help but feel this pregnancy is going to be one long adventure & I have a feeling everyday is going to be a bad day until I meet my beauty.

Sorry for the essay lol.

Hi chick.

Didn't want to read and run so just wanted to say I hope the sickness gets better asap!

I feel my pregnancy is different already too, I had no idea last 2 times and this time I've had loads of symptoms & very sore boobs!

Xxxx

Awww hun not nice at all !!
I'm being sick just like in my first pregnancy and nausua all day long were with my first I only felt sick at night but this time it's physically draining me at work etc !! :(( hope your meds work

My first pregnancy was a nightmare... second one ended up in mc but also threw up alot..
with my third it was a dream come true no vomiting but back pain..
this pregnancy no vomiting aswell but I feel exhausted all the time its really hard to look
after my girls... Im hoping to get a maid. :(

Aww I really feel for you hyperemesis is just awful. This is my 3rd pregnancy with hyperemesis :-(. Been in hospital several times and now been put on ondansertron and steroids.

In my other 2 pregnancies if lasted till at least 20 weeks hoping it passes sooner this time. (Wishful thinking)

Iv been of work for 3 weeks now and I'm now 10 weeks. So hoping it's starts to get easier soon.

I found sucking in ice pops easier than drinking.

Sorry I'm not much help I did find it easier talking to people who were going through the same tho as no one seemed to understand what I was going through.

Awww I really feel for you mrsdalby, this sickness has really put me off ever becoming pregnant ever again lol I really don't know how your doing it for a 3rd time, you deserve a medal cus I'm finding it so hard to deal with & feel really sorry for myself lol
Funny you should say that I sent OH to get me some rocket ice lolls yesterday afternoon, they are so good!
I've woke up this morning feeling sick but after taking my meds i feel so much better, Im so proud of myself that I managed to go into the kitchen this morning and make my son his breakfast and do myself some toast too! I think these anti sickness med are going to be my best friend for a while :haha:

Deffo does help talking to others, OH didn't understand until I went to hospital & then off my records he must have googled hyperemesis & sent me a txt saying 'you've got what wills & Kate have got' LOL

Missramejks - I didn't have sore boobs first time round until after my son was born when my milk was coming in...this time they hurt so much and are so swollen!

Sorry your feeling sick too Emma, I wish us all a happier/healthier time in second tri :)

Good to hear youve been treated and not fobbed off; sooner you get treatment in place the better it can help you.

Im having my first HG pregnancy with baby number 3! Oh my its opened my eyes, if this had been baby number 1 i wouldnt of gone on to have any more children.

Im still on meds at 37w but have avoided anymore hospital trips. I think one of hardest parts has been nausea every single day.

MummyToAmberx - you poor thing suffering for so long with HG I'm so fed up after only 3 weeks of it, I cannot imagine what it must feel like to have it till the very end! On the bright side you have your ending in sight! Im deff with you there, if I had this with my son I would have deff been a 1 & done mum, instead I'm 2 and threw, I cannot do this ever again!
My meds have now stopped working, I'm back to being sick and not keeping nothing down since this afternoon :-( I just want the ground to swallow me up!

What meds were u put on? They gave me cyclizine as I had an allergic reaction to buccastem.

MummyToAmberx - you poor thing suffering for so long with HG I'm so fed up after only 3 weeks of it, I cannot imagine what it must feel like to have it till the very end! On the bright side you have your ending in sight! Im deff with you there, if I had this with my son I would have deff been a 1 & done mum, instead I'm 2 and threw, I cannot do this ever again!
My meds have now stopped working, I'm back to being sick and not keeping nothing down since this afternoon :-( I just want the ground to swallow me up!

What meds were u put on? They gave me cyclizine as I had an allergic reaction to buccastem.

It has been rollercoaster of a pregnancy, emotion wise. As you will understand it mentally drains you. Yes, im totally seeing the light at end of the tunnel now, trust me you will too keep strong!

How long have you been on cyclizine? I was given this to be honest it wasnt an instant fix, i think it was 2 weeks before i started to feel an improvement but also i noticed when baby was hitting a growth spurt was nothing i could do to ease it than ride it out. Also it may have just been me reacting weirdly but i got antibiotics for throat/ear infection it sent me into sickness overdrive which i narrowly missed going back in for an iv so something just to be wary about.

I think is another tablet you can take ill find the name you can look it up.

One thing ive learnt water isnt always the answer if you can stomach another form of liquid drink that as its better than getting none. I found drinking fizzy water helps my stomach, the gas/bubbles make it feel lighter to digest.

Aww bless you Hun, you are totally amazing & strong for. Coping so long, I wish u all the best & I bet you cannot wait for labour...!! Hopefully once you have u beautiful baby in ur arms it will be a distant memory, although one you will never forget! I know I won't for sure!

I went to work today and lasted an hour before going home in the time I managed to start my computer be sick twice and ball my eyes out to a colleague! My manager isn't maternal (she's a good friend - previous manager at old job) so she isn't the best person to speak to when it comes to work and pregnancy, she seems to think I'll be fine by the end of the week lol :-/ so hard to even explain to her what I feel like as to her it sounds like I have flu!!

I feel so bad as I have only been in my new job 4 weeks! I'm off to the docs tomorrow to see if there is another med I can take or something to take with cyclizine and get signed off work.
I have been on cyclizine since Thursday & when I was in hospital connected to IV & resting in bed I felt a lot better!

I have been drinking lemmonade but with a little apple juice to take the fizz out as I'm suffering with heart burn. I've also been sucking ice Lollys and drinking small amounts of water.

Have you been able to work through ur pregnancy with HG? Xx

I feel you. I don't have HG but I do vomit a couple of times a day, retch repeatedly when I get up or sit down or there's a stiff breeze or a sudden sound or - you name it. The triggers are myriad and unexpected. Sometimes it just happens out of the blue.

I'm sorry your work won't give you paid leave, that sounds dreadful. I hope you can deal with it and looking after your current toddler! <3

Anyway, my heart is with you. My sister had probably the worst HG I've ever heard of, she was in on drips and so forth. So I've seen first-hand how debilitating it can be!

So sorry you are going through this... hope your sickness eases up. :hugs:

1st & 2nd pregnancies were a dream... 3rd time around I'm constantly feeling sick with m/s. No vomit but just that feeling of wanting to. Also have been super duper tired. Can't shake the feeling... I was not like this my first two pregnancies. Hoping 2nd tri it eases up.

I haven't called in sick but have thought about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->