Everyone but us :(

xsophiexleax

Reaction score
Does anyone else find it really hard when someone they know announces they're pregnant?

This morning not just one of my cousins, TWO, told me they're expecting babies
Don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY happy for them and can't wait to have 2 little cousins to coo over :D but I just wish it was me too :(

Anyone else?

Yep... I get green with envy.

At work 3 of the lads wifes/girlfriends are pregnant. The girl who sits across from me is off to get wed next week and is hoping to come back pregnant.

Alot of my friends have just had babies. Alot of my friends are pregnant.

And here I am NOT!

I know exactly what you mean when you say your happy for them at the same time though.

xxx

Yep!

I'm quite sure every single one of us WTT feels exactly the same.

I get particularly jealous when the woman is younger than I am because it makes me feel somehow that it was 'my turn' and not hers. Doesn't make any sense when I write it out like that, but the world of WTT is a confusing and frustrating place to be!

They're around the same age as me, only 1/2 years older which makes it kinda worse cos it's like if they can cope so can I :\

Bleeeegh! I can't even moan about it to my OH cos he doesn't know I want babies yet. (He said to his friend the other week he wouldn't want to keep the baby if I got pregnant, so I'm keeping it bottled up for now! :()

At one point when we first got together my other half said he would leave me if I got pregnant. Lol. Things do change hun so hang in there!

xxxx

I hope so! He's so good with kids which makes it even harder haha. We're still only young though (18 & 19) so I know it's gonna be years yet :(
You got a TTC date or anything?

No 100% date just "when the new house is sorted" in his words.

Its brand new so there isnt much to sort. Just flooring, curtains, blinds & a fridge (maybe a dishwasher but that isnt essential!). We already have everything else.

xxx

They're around the same age as me, only 1/2 years older which makes it kinda worse cos it's like if they can cope so can I :\

That's what gets me the most when others announce they are trying / are pregnant - I always think, if they can cope, so can I! Friends of mine in much worse circumstances have coped. My OH is insistent that we own our own place before we even try, but our close friends have managed baby #1, and have started trying for #2 while renting, so why can't we??!! I get so wound up with this whole waiting business - I want a baby now, not later!! Well... obviously the 9 months of waiting while pregnangt wouldn't be so bad :haha:

Oh and forgot to mention house should be completed in August!

xx

That's what gets me the most when others announce they are trying / are pregnant - I always think, if they can cope, so can I! Friends of mine in much worse circumstances have coped. My OH is insistent that we own our own place before we even try, but our close friends have managed baby #1, and have started trying for #2 while renting, so why can't we??!! I get so wound up with this whole waiting business - I want a baby now, not later!! Well... obviously the 9 months of waiting while pregnangt wouldn't be so bad :haha:

As long as you can provide a home for your baby. It doesnt matter. Not everyone can afford to buy in this financial climate. I am very lucky as we have got this house via a 1st time buyers scheme and have only had to pay 5% deposit rather than 10%!

xxx

Me & OH don't live together so it wouldn't be a great situation to bring a baby into anyway, but we'd still cope :\
I don't think there's a problem with having a baby while living in a rented house at all! It's better than living apart

That's what I tell my OH, but he won't budge on this one. We looked into a first time buyer scheme on a new estate here, but they didn't have any offers that suited us. We also looked into shared ownership, but after finding a house we liked the bank decided to tell us they wouldn't lend on a shared ownership property! We are hoping that, by the time we have saved enough for a ten% deposit, the market will be starting to pick back up, so mortgages will be more reasonable.

Although I know what he says makes sense in some respects, I really don't see the harm in buying later, when we are both earning more (I'm training to be a solicitor, so will be earning more when I qualify) and can buy something that we want to stay in for the long term, rather than buying something cheap that we won't keep. I would be happy to meet him halfway and move with a bump, but he's dead set against that too lol x

Yeah buying later rather than 'making do' makes a lot of sense!
Men are way too stubborn!

Its brand new so there isnt much to sort. Just flooring, curtains, blinds & a fridge (maybe a dishwasher but that isnt essential!). We already have everything else.

xxx

OMG I have this one too, we are building a new house (ready in December fingers crossed) and our whole life is based around 'when the house is finished', my OH wants to have one month of living there so we can see what the bills are like to see if we can afford another. Uck what if he decided we cant? And everyone I know is pregnant or trying. The OH keeps trying to make the point that a lot of them are on their first LO while we will be our second but it still dont make me feel better. MEN!!!!

Yesterday in tesco, there were two heavily pregnant (7-8 months I'd say) putting their shopping on the checkouts either side of me. It was like some unique type of torture that works on incredibly broody ladies who have to WTT.

My OH thought it was absolutely hillarious. I was soooooo jealous!

xxx

OMG I have this one too, we are building a new house (ready in December fingers crossed) and our whole life is based around 'when the house is finished', my OH wants to have one month of living there so we can see what the bills are like to see if we can afford another. Uck what if he decided we cant? And everyone I know is pregnant or trying. The OH keeps trying to make the point that a lot of them are on their first LO while we will be our second but it still dont make me feel better. MEN!!!!

Haha. deffo MEN!!

We know we can afford our bills and a LO as we waste so much money on random crap we really dont need. He has 2 xbox's for gods sake!

I keep trying to tell him aswell babys are as expensive as you want them to be!

This will be our 1st. I do want to wait till we are settled into our new house and all moved and I can relax. I dont want to be pregnant and stressed out with moving getting the house sorted before baby arrives. Not that it would be the end of the world if I did get pregnant but you know what I mean!

xxx

Yesterday in tesco, there were two heavily pregnant (7-8 months I'd say) putting their shopping on the checkouts either side of me. It was like some unique type of torture that works on incredibly broody ladies who have to WTT.

My OH thought it was absolutely hillarious. I was soooooo jealous!

Nastyyyyy!
I went to get my hair cut today and every time I looked out the window there was either a pregnant woman or a pram strolling past. EVERY time! I'm not exaggerating!
I stopped looking out the window after a while :dohh:

I get so jealous too.. I'm WTT and I work in a shop in town and when mums come in with babies I always talk to them about babies and seem to get jealous lol!! also when I look out the window at work and a lady walks past with a pram i start day dreaming of how I will be like when me and my Fiance have a baby

xxx

Haha. deffo MEN!!

We know we can afford our bills and a LO as we waste so much money on random crap we really dont need. He has 2 xbox's for gods sake!

I keep trying to tell him aswell babys are as expensive as you want them to be!

This will be our 1st. I do want to wait till we are settled into our new house and all moved and I can relax. I dont want to be pregnant and stressed out with moving getting the house sorted before baby arrives. Not that it would be the end of the world if I did get pregnant but you know what I mean!

xxx

i know, as this will be our second we have most of the stuff already, all we would really need is a new pram and I have worked out already (as us WTT'ers do so well lol) how much money I will be getting each month whilst on maternity and I will have a little bit more due to the second child benefit. I know we can afford another one too as our new mortgage shouldnt be much different to the one we got now.

I would like to come off BC in Aug/Sept but OH is having none of it. I wouldnt mind being pregnant when we move, but then our new house is next door to where we live now so its not too bad :thumbup:

Hello again ladies. I was feeling rather plucky last night so went back to my OH with all the points that have come up on this thread aaaaaand... miracle of all miracles, he agreed with everything. God knows what was wrong with him :haha: He has agreed that we can start trying regardless of having a house or not, so long as we are both in full-time employment when the time comes :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->