Everyone the used to be on cerazette please answer!

sarah34

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
Please could you all answer with how long it took for ur first af to come after coming off cerazette? It will be 10 weeks tomorrow for me :( xxx

I went straight onto 28 day cycles, but I didn't get pregnant for 6 months, so not sure that I was ovulating.

Have you googled natural ways to stimulate period? Might be worth a shot, if you know for sure your not pregnant of course!!!

Mine was the implant not cerazette but it took me 3months to get my period. Hoping it's straight back in to a regular cycle but we will see :)

Good luck hun, I'd spoke to my doc and he said to give it 5-6months and if nothing had happened they would have looked in to things further for me (because last time I had the implant out they returned immediately) :flow:

It took me 6 months to get af, I've now had 3 cycles that have been 28 days but I am ovulating on different days and my lp has been a bit short. My dr assures me there is nothing wrong though and I've had all the blood work done. It can just take a while to regulate again - the good news is ovulation is occurring! So fingers crossed! I know while I was waiting I read there is no right or wrong answer and each woman is different. Just trust it will happen soon xx

I was on cerazette - got cycles straight away but felt weird pregnancy symptoms every month until I fell pregnant. I came off 1st Jan 2011 and got my BFP in May, little boy born January 2012. The month I got pregnant had no symptoms at all!

I remember it feeling like forever to get pregnant but actually I was really quick considering your body has to get back to normal etc. I found tracking ovulation really helped xx

I didn't bleed at all while I was on cerazette, but got my periods back straight away, they did vary a bit between 26-32 days for the first 3 months then settled down to 28/29 days!
That was almost 3 years ago, didn't start trying for a year and then took 2 years to get a bfp this cycle, which unfortunately has ended in a chemical pregnancy.

Everyone is different, doctor told me it can take a year for everything to be out your system!

It took over 18months to get back to some normality (then had the implant stupidly. At first i had 16day heavy bleeding cycles, then over 60days for a few months. It really messed me up. When i came off the implant i took the combined pill for a few months to get my body into a monthly cycle.

It took over 18months to get back to some normality (then had the implant stupidly. At first i had 16day heavy bleeding cycles, then over 60days for a few months. It really messed me up. When i came off the implant i took the combined pill for a few months to get my body into a monthly cycle.

I had a scan last year which showed multiple cysts on my ovaries so will be having a blood test in a few weeks to see if I have pcos :( xxx

I had a scan last year which showed multiple cysts on my ovaries so will be having a blood test in a few weeks to see if I have pcos :( xxx

I also have multiple cysts on my ovaries but I don't have pcos because I have no other symptoms so they don't class it as pcos! How long have you been trying?

I also have multiple cysts on my ovaries but I don't have pcos because I have no other symptoms so they don't class it as pcos! How long have you been trying?

They don't think I have other symptoms either however I haven't had a period since I came off cerazette 10 weeks ago so they have said I can have a blood test. I'm confused about the symptoms tho because although I have put on a few pounds over the last 6 years I am definitely not overweight, I have slight acne in that I always have a few spots on my face and I'm not sure what counts as excessive when it comes to hair! Lol

How did it take for ur periods to return?? Xx

I think it was about 3 months for AF to come back and then cycles were really long so sorted them with Agnus Castus :thumbup:

5 weeks for me. Everyones different though and it might depend on how long you were on it. I'd been taking it for about 16months. Goodluck x

I was thinking of try agnus castus but not sure about it. I might mention it to my docs when I go in a couple weeks xx

I was thinking of try agnus castus but not sure about it. I might mention it to my docs when I go in a couple weeks xx

In my experience most GPs don't really support alternative/herbal remedies, would be interesting to know what they say about it if you do :thumbup:

In my experience most GPs don't really support alternative/herbal remedies, would be interesting to know what they say about it if you do :thumbup:

I agree with you! I tried soy isoflavones for a few cycles but didn't tell my doc and they don't like all the herbal stuff because the side effects aren't completely documented

I was on Cerazette for 9 years and it was about 70 days before af came back. Then my cycles slowly started to reduce until (after 10 months) they finally got back down to 28 days and the next one I fell preggers with my son.

Went back on it after him for about 6 months then came off it to try for another one and fell after 2 cycles.

I wonder if how long you've been on it does have an impact as it stops you ovulating so maybe it takes a while for your body to remember how to do it if you've been on it for years?

I'm on it again but will come off it after xmas to try for another. Would have been on it for around 14 months so it will be interesting to see how long it takes!

Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->