Everyone's having babies...

BlueWater

Reaction score
...and I'm over here like "hey I just asked my doctor for contraceptives"

And he suggested the implant I was like no I can't wait 3 years!

I'm 26, have no children. Hopefully the time will be right for me next year. Can't imagine my world without having children.

:hugs:. What's holding you back from ttc (if you don't mind me asking)? My doctor suggested the coil as contraceptive a few months ago and I nearly cried :dohh:, it's sad to be reminded that you to wait for what seems like forever! I remember well how sad it made me to see everyone havign babies (or that's how it felt) and not be able to have my own. But keep working on the things you need to get in place before you can start ttc and the time will pass and then it will be you :hugs:

I would of been so angry hearing that! I stuck to the pill and I am hoping it doesn't take us too long to conceive. Hope you can TTC asap :)

:hugs:. What's holding you back from ttc (if you don't mind me asking)? My doctor suggested the coil as contraceptive a few months ago and I nearly cried :dohh:, it's sad to be reminded that you to wait for what seems like forever! I remember well how sad it made me to see everyone havign babies (or that's how it felt) and not be able to have my own. But keep working on the things you need to get in place before you can start ttc and the time will pass and then it will be you :hugs:

I'm waiting to get uni out of the way. And then before having children make sure our relationship is ok. It's like I want children, but I know our relationship needs to be stable and strong first.
I go on Facebook and tend to see almost everyone I went to school with already have children.

That is hard :(. I was so broody from about 14 and even when DH and it went through the roof when I met DH; even when we had only been together for a couple of months if he'd said let's TTC now" I'd have been sorely tempted, depite it being totally not the right time. After finishing uni and my PGCE I was desperate to ttc, it was all I coulf think about. It's easy to say now but I'm so glad I waited as I was able to enjoy my pregnancies without worrying about things like putting a strain on my relationship or work/uni.
Something which helped me (which I know isn't for everyone) was creating a sort of baby hope chest. Whenever the broodiness was really bad I'd buy something for my future LO's- a little hat, some vests, or a gift card for Boots (for nappies etc). it helped to make it feel like I would have my baby one day and tto do something tangible towards my baby goal, if that makes sense.

That is a lovely idea. But just not for me. I don't like to tempt fate kind of thing.
I just have to keep telling myself that if I did fall pregnant while studying, I won't be able to focus fully on both.

But here's my little secret. OH and I (we're meant to be WTT) but when we DTD we use nothing to stop pregnancy. And that's how we've been for about a year or so. I've just never got caught. As much as I know its not the right time to TTC, if we use some form of protection, it just scares me that it might mess up my fertility. Or that we may never fall pregnant.

I'm sort of like in a limbo with myself. Not "ready" for a baby but if it did happen I would handle it.

You sound like me not wanting to go through life without having children.

I know what you mean, I have just foun out another girl is pregnant and they were not sure I they are goin I keep the baby. I'm sat here wondering why that can't be me !
I'm the same blue water, me an my bf have been using the pull out method for about 4 years but as of this year we haven't really used protection and I haven't fallen pregnant, it's making me worry about my fertility. And with nurses and doc saying I should try sooner rather than later isn't helping me feel any better . We are about to start building a house so it's not the est time but if it happened we would manage :)

I know what you mean, I have just foun out another girl is pregnant... I'm sat here wondering why that can't be me !

TOTALLY! someone I know (same age as me) announced her second pregnancy (on fb) I sat there starring at my news feed like, that should be meeeeeee!

I know what you mean, I have just foun out another girl is pregnant... I'm sat here wondering why that can't be me !

TOTALLY! someone I know (same age as me) announced her second pregnancy (on fb) I sat there starring at my news feed like, that should be meeeeeee!

I literally had 6 friends have babies within 4 days of each other. I'm seriously considering staying off Facebook until we start TTC and get a BFP. It's becoming an almost daily- someone giving birth or announcing their pregnancy. It's definitely the age where everyone around me is procreating. I'm so happy for them, but my ovaries feel like they're about to explode. I keep waiting for H to tell me we're going to wait longer because I've been waiting SO long... But so far he's still on board! I am dying with the wait!!

I can't believe how many children I saw today. When I was leaving the gym I saw this woman holding her son going into the gym. I waved to her son and he was laughing he was soooo cute. <3 At Subway this little girl who was with her mom looked at me it looked like she was smiling a bit. I waved at this other little boy when he looked at me but didn't do anything. :haha: After that when I was on my walk I waved at another little boy the same one who said hi to me last week. Makes me excited for when I have children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->