Everything I see is baby related?!!!!

Littleone15

Reaction score
I kid you not, I spend my Sunday the same way almost every week, wake up, spend the day lounging around with my super awesome step daughter, take her home after lunch, and then spend the remaining hours flipping between playing games, and trawling Facebook. He difference being that today literally everything on my news feed is baby related. So much so that I commented on it to DF after dropping our girl off.

I know this is typical for women and our partners, especially when ttc. I really don't want to jinx it but I feel like this month is it for us. Warning - TMI incoming - I normally wake up the morning the witch shows pissed off because I started bleeding and didn't know, she never shows up on schedule so I often find a wee mess (sorry to be so graphic) but this month I knew the very minute she started and I got this overwhelming sensation that this was the month. It was indescribable but I just knew I needed to make sure I didn't skip my prenatals etc. I've never had that like this before.

What I want to know is did anyone else ever have this before their BFP? Or is this just another feeling we get when we so badly want those double pink lines?

Sorry for the novel ladies

The month I conceived I actually thought the opposite haha. We had only BD once during my window and I had experienced a family trauma which I was grieving heavily. So who knows.

But I know what you mean about everything being baby. Seems everyone at work and in my social circle is pregnant and I clearly am probably just extra sensitive to noticing. Couple friends just recently announced on fb they are having baby #2. We are currently trying to conceive #2. I'm happy for them but also kind of jealous haha.

Ugh I feel your pain with everyone else being pregnant. Literally two of my close friends just got pregnant, two gave birth, almost all of the women from my old work place are pregnant or have just given birth. With our loss I had my suspicions but I tested to early. Being completely unaware of my cycle, (someone else actually told me I was pregnant based off of an old family superstition! Lol) and it was negative so it wasn't until I ended up in ED that it was revealed I would have just conceived when my family member mentioned it. I'm very sorry for your loss! Do you mind me asking how long you've been ttc#2?

Yeah I have had that "this is the month" feeling and gone on to get a BFN :nope: think it's just wanting it badly!

Littleone15 it's only our 2nd cycle ttc#2. I just get really invested fast. I really have nothing to complain about in the ttc department. Took us 4 months to conceive DD.

Have you been trying long?

It's like the bear dancing during the basketball game experiment. When your brain is focused on something (counting free throws) you miss other details. Once you start thinking about it (being told a bear comes on mid game) you suddenly notice it. So all that baby related stuff has always existed, but because you have baby brain now you see it everywhere

Also keep in mind most websites have ad trackers so if you are spending time on bnb or anything baby or ttc related then Facebook is going to modify your ads to baby stuff

Littleone15 it's only our 2nd cycle ttc#2. I just get really invested fast. I really have nothing to complain about in the ttc department. Took us 4 months to conceive DD.

Have you been trying long?

Oh yay! Must be very exciting to get back in to it?! I think it's a good thing to get invested, -although stressful it's so rewarding when it happens right! This is our 5th cycle actively trying but we did a year of NTNP first, so I haven't been at it all that long either.

Talia - I definitely know what you mean, you're probably right too, damn intuition playing tricks with us. Hopefully this is your month!

Dobby - (HP reference?!) that a good point, noticed it most when DF got his new car, had never even seen one before and now suddenly every second car is just like his :p our brains are magical tools!

Yes, HP reference :). I was the same way when I started dating SO and he rides a motorcycle. I never noticed how many riders were out there lol.

Wishing you lots of baby dust this cycle! It took us 7 last time and I know by 5 I had baby brain baaaaad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->