Everything ready for baby?

littlelady

Reaction score
Well i was just curious and thought it might be interesting to see when people have all there baby stuff ready i only have 11 weeks to go and still have quite abit of stuff to get :dohh:

Hi

I'm just a few days in front of you and have been thinking that I need to get my act together and sort the baby stuff out. I have lots to go through from my daughter but in a way I think that's more effort than buying new!

I managed to sell my pram today and have ordered my new double one so that's one thing done and I've bought a couple of wee toys for the new baby that I didn't have for my daughter.

I'm going to get the stuff for my hospital bag next week, it's still early but that will make me feel a bit more organised

Do you have a lot to buy or are you borrowing/being given stuff?

i have been given alot as my cousin has just turned one but i do still have my pram and more nappies the general stuff really still to get im buying bits weekly for my hospital bag and hope to have it packed and ready in the nest few weeks i guess eleven weeks isnt really all that long :)

I still don't have everything.

hospital bag is nearly ready, but bigger pieces like the baby bath, sling, pram and bed are still missing :hi:

wow you only have 6 weeks and 3 days left i bet your getting really excited i have a cotbed thats about the only large item i have so far lol

:hi:

Your due the same day as me - should be interesting lol

We're pretty much sorted :blush: and have been for a while although theres still bits to get that add up £ I guess. I think I've got some hospital bag bits to get, digi thermometer, grogbag room thermometer, bibs & pram to buy.

all i have for my hospital bag so far is dressing gown slippers and pyjamas lol and obviously clothes and nappies for baby but i keep reading in magazines to have it packed from week 30 but that does seem rather early then again ten weeks isnt long :O

We got most of our stuff pretty early on, bar a few things. Thought we were majorly organised until Bethanie was born and then you're rushing to Mothercare to stock up on things you didn't think you'd really need lol.

I was organised with my hospital bag stuff, but packing it all together was a different story. I had it packed by about 36 weeks though luckily, as I gave birth at 37+ weeks.

well that was good timing i suppose the baby could always decide to come early but just for safe measures im aiming to have it all packed and ready in the next 3 weeks :) also my dad is buying my pram but wont get it till im due as he thinks its bad luck to have it early even though i could keep it at his

Littlelady - might be best to check out the pram you want incase it's one that needs a long delivery time. In saying that in the early days you wont be really stuck if you don't have a pram as we're due around Christmas time.

I remember when I packed my bag last time round it was like I was going on a 2 wk holiday! This time round I'm cutting back on what I pack as I didn't use half of it last time.

i know im trying on him to get it by november plus the pram i want is on offer at the moment :)

Lucy - Do you have any tips on packing the hoispital bag as i dont want to pack too much stuff :)

Thanks

Take stuff to amuse yourself.. like if you read take a book that your into, or your ipod or a magazine with crosswords...it helps if your going to have a long labour or if you have bub at like 11 at night because 10 bucks says you wont be able to sleep and they'll kick hubbie out that late so you gotta do something..apart from staring at your cute little miracle :happydance:

i think im going to take a few books or magazines probably the only thing to keep me occupied as baby will be sleeping :)

I will start to pack my hospital bag today :baby:

actually I was aiming to have it packed already, but the flu which was going round stroke my down for 5 days :cry:

with pram, cot and sling I might wait until the 20th of october, when we are going to the babyshow :happydance: although I am a little bit worried it is going to be a little too late!

but we will def have the best product range to choose from there!

got mostly everything bought-- but waiting to put together the two baby closets we bought to actually put stuff away --the only reason i have mostly everythign already was beacause its my first so i had to buy literaly everything as no one in the family had a baby recently---so i bought most of my stuff used but like new condition (baby can only use that stuff for like a few months so its pointless to buy everything new but a few pieces are always a plus---stuff was so cheap i got multiples of a lot of stuff-- (finding room for all that stuff though was the issue) we have lots of neighborhood sales in the summer so i was only like 2-3 months when i bought most of my stuff- and it was like mostly namebrand expensive things becasue i would go to the good 'rich' neighborhoods and they sell u this stuff for practically nothing---probably cost me a couple hundred dollars for everything i bought

wow ive had quite alot from when i was around 2-3 months pregnant as i had it given from family but cant wait to pack my hospital bag and get my pram :):):):)

LL - hmm I don't think I have any tips as such for the hospital bag - just last time I took far too much of everything - I took about 6 magazines, a book, a PSP, IPOD to entertain me but I didn't use any of them except 1 magazine the day after DD was born.

I packed lots of PJs, 2 large towels, lots of toiletries whereas this time I'm going to take 1 medium towel, 1 pjs etc. The hospitals are so hot I didn't need the 3 lots of clothes I'd taken either.

So I guess I'll still follow the basic hospital bag list but just take 1 of everything (except baby clothes) rather than 5!

lol i keep reading the lists and when it comes to stuff for baby it just says nappies but it doesnt say how many youl need

Yeah I know what you mean LL, it's also more tricky as each hospital seems to be different as well .. about the nappies they say in your "labour bag" to take the baby's first nappy, vest, sleepsuit etc but the MW put a nappy on DD so I didn't need that nappy and then during the night when I changed her there was a changing station stocked with wipes/cotton wool/nappies/nappy bags so I didn't actually use any of the nappies I had taken in.

Don't worry though, I'm sure your bag is going to be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->