Everythings falling apart):

PregnantTeena

Reaction score
The father says he doesnt wanna sign the birth certificate because if something happens he doesnt wanna get stuck with child support and i told him that i wouldnt make him pay child support. We're young so in personally dont think were going to last but im trying its like im the only one trying he says that its bullshit that im making a big deal about him not wanting to sign it but he wants to be part of the babys life ): everythings falling apart and i dont even know if i wanna keep the kid i might just give it up for adoption but i personally would hate that i just feel im in this alone now and he doesnt even care. this is so hard for me): :cry:

not exactly a teen mom but thought I'd pop in.

you could tell him signing or not does not save him from child support. if he indeed didn't sign, and you indeed did keep the child. all you have to do is file for child support and he would be forced to get a paternity test done. once its proven he is the father he'd be paying out either way. Not signing doesn't get him out of his half of the responsibility in creating that child. and I do hope, as a responsible parent, you would force him to give child support. because the money isn't about you or him, it's for the child and they deserve it.

Well hes screwed because a dna test would be ordered on him most likely in the event that that happens.

I know its hars but just think about it, either way you win.
Just don't let him bring you down.
Sometimes men look foe any thing thay will hurt us and use that to bother us. He also may be jealous that you're the one getting all the attention since hes not the one thats pregnant. It happens a lot.

Well, tthank you.. he wants toknow what to do but i have know clue im lookin for me ND i dont know what to do

not exactly a teen mom but thought I'd pop in.

you could tell him signing or not does not save him from child support. if he indeed didn't sign, and you indeed did keep the child. all you have to do is file for child support and he would be forced to get a paternity test done. once its proven he is the father he'd be paying out either way. Not signing doesn't get him out of his half of the responsibility in creating that child. and I do hope, as a responsible parent, you would force him to give child support. because the money isn't about you or him, it's for the child and they deserve it.

^ exactly this. Besides you can't really promise him that you won't make him pay child support, you don't know what will happen in the future, and the money is for your child, not you. Either way I think his behaviour has shown such immaturity, fancy not wanting to be your own child's 'official' parent. My OH was unhappy when I had to register our second child without him as he was working constantly ( we are not married so without being there he couldn't go on the birth certificate) before we got our son a passport we made sure we went back and re registered his birth so both of us were on the certificate. Sounds Like he's trying to make an easy way to bow out of responsibilities, worryingly.

hon, he's scared and overwhelmed and doesn't have all the superpowers to deal with things that women get when they're pregnant.
birth certificate to him seems something concrete and binding and obliging that he can't deal with at the moment, but when the baby comes, or the pregnancy goes futher along and the baby starts kicking and moving and so on, and becomes more real for him, the things may change.

i don't know how old he is, and i don't wanna sound like i'm defending his immature behavior too much, but it sounds like both of oyu still have to get your heads around this pregnancy, and it is taking him time like it is taking you time to do so. so give him some credit, men are so much weaker then women when it comes to pregnancy... could u ever imagine a guy dealing with his body changing so drastically and giving birth? :dohh:

regarding the child support, you can always get that from him, and as all the other ladies said, it's for the baby, not for you and you two may need it.

all the best of luck to u!

Sorry hun, but try not to stress about it.
Jus take care of yourself right now and make that your number 1 priority.
Youve still got a ton of time before LO arrives, so hopefully your OH comes around and changes his mind. If not it doesnt really change much he is still that babys father no matter what and will be forced to pay support assuming you ask for it. And also his name can be added to the birth certificate.. My OH wont be present at the birth so he wont be signing at this time either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->