Evil Evap, or Could it Be Real?

markswife10

Reaction score
So we've been TTC #2 for 3 and a half years now. I had a miscarriage back in June/July (and a possible chemical last January). Anyway, I took this test this afternoon, have no clue how many DPO, could be anywhere from 9-13 I think, but I didn't see anything at 3 minutes so I threw it away. I know, bad bad bad getting it back out of the trash, lol, but by golly does it have a PINK line on it. I'm gonna be so mad if this isn't real. I'm not getting my hopes up (after 3+ years you learn to be guarded), but it would be SO nice if this is real. If it isn't, this has got to be one of the meanest evaps I've ever seen.

Attachments

• 28059276_10215232880391286_8846815543892266792_n.jpg
    28059276_10215232880391286_8846815543892266792_n.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 114
It sure looks legit BUT I've had some nasty pink evaps show up after the 10 min mark with those. I wouldn't trust it unless you get another line on another test. I know your instinct is it say 'Yay!!' but since it's past the time limit, you really can't be sure until you retest.

But FX it's the real deal. If it is, that's a fab line.

It sure looks legit BUT I've had some nasty pink evaps show up after the 10 min mark with those. I wouldn't trust it unless you get another line on another test. I know your instinct is it say 'Yay!!' but since it's past the time limit, you really can't be sure until you retest.

But FX it's the real deal. If it is, that's a fab line.

Oh trust me, I'm beyond the point in TTC to where my first instinct is "yay" lol. I've had my heart broken so many times that I probably wouldn't believe it until I see the word "pregnant" on a digi at this point. And even then I probably would have a hard time not being guarded after 4 total losses. But thanks for the experience. I have had some nasty ones on the walmart cheapies before, but I've not used these ones enough. The only experience I've had with these is I know they aren't nearly as sensitive as many of the others (I used them with my MC back in May/June because my numbers weren't rising properly for several weeks, so I took a LOT of tests to see if there was progress. These were one of the lightest/slowest).

I've had evaps like that on everything from the Walmart & dollar store cheapies to ICs to blue dyes to FRERs. I'm at the point where I don't trust my lines unless/until I get unmistakeable pink lines on at least 2 different brands AND a positive digi. Even then, I still don't call it for sure until I've had a decent beta number. :haha:

And as far as using those tests, I've found the Dollar store and Walmart cheapies usually pick up hCG first but they then take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to show progression and don't darken that much anyway. I used to trust FRERs the most but even those are crap these days. Hence me using at least 2 brands and a digi to confirm lines.

I used to take wondfos all the time when TTC DD (took two years with her, plus the 3.5 years this time, so 5.5 years total TTC time here) and they were really good then (and FRER/Answer tests), but pretty much all tests are crap these days unfortunately it seems. Usually I'll go with a FRER after a couple of different lines on cheapie ones, then I'll pull out a digi if FRER agrees lol.

As far as calling it, I honestly probably wouldn't officially at this point until I get a ton of progression with my beta (I was a pincushion for over a month over the summer, every 2-3 days pretty much because my beta was going up but not enough each time) and see a heartbeat lol. Even then I'm nervous because we've lost one after seeing a normal heartbeat before. And then there's the preeclampsia and delivery at 27 weeks.... let's just say I don't think there's any relaxing for me in pregnancy at all ever.

It looks real but since you looked at it after the time limit I would do a frer it will be a ton darker . My dollar tree tests were very light when everything else was alot darker fx for you its real :hugs:

It's so pink I would be horrified if that was an evap. I do think another test is in order though.
I had preeclampsia with my first but not until days before he was due which was incredibly lucky. I have had two children after him without any issues with that though, so things can change. I really hope this is a lovely positive and things go smoothly for you :hugs:

That looks very pink, would be so cruel if it is an evap. Re test? Fingers crossed for you :flow:

That looks very promising. Good luck!

I&#8217;ve probably had evaps on every single type of hpt EXCEPT for those! I swear by the dollar tree ones haha. No matter how many hours pass they&#8217;re still stark white :) Hope it means something good for you! Although you should definitely test again because you just never know what these tests do or how defective they can be. FX and GL! <3

I love those tests and have never gotten a line like that on them unless I was pregnant. Good luck!

Thanks ladies! Well every test since has said negative (other brands). I still haven't gotten AF, but I'm thinking it was just maybe an annovulatory cycle maybe, so I'm taking provera to start my period. That was a VERY cruel evap! Moral of the story: don't trust these things if they give you a line. Ugh!

WOW I mean the fact that it's pink sure is something! I have gone back to look at those tests, but never had a pink line. FX!! Take another one today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->