excessive fatigue

jalilma

Reaction score
Being tired is my companion even when I'm not pregnant. But now that I'm expecting I have been really tired... I mean the past week and a half or so it boarders on excessive. I get up at 6 am.. Am sleepy through most of the day... Like brain hardly functioning sleepy.... Then I get home @ 6 make dinner and what not and HAVE to go to bed by 7... Like feel like I'm going to die if I don't go to bed. I don't remember being this overly tired with my other pregnancies. Please tell me somebody else out there feels like a walking zombie .... And please tell me it gets better. My brain is slower than syrup on a cold day!

yes! I feel like exhaustion has hit me like a mack truck! I have a 17 month old too, which makes it very difficult! I wake up tired, i force myself to stay up till 8pm. very tough. I still enjoy one cup of coffee in the morning and that seems to help a little bit, but i yawn all day everyday

Yes being hit by a Mack truck is a great analogy! My list of why I'm looking forward to the second trimester seems to be growing by the day!

With you on that - so unbelievably tired! Having a 2 year old doesn't help!

I'm so tired - if I didn't know I was pregnant I would think I was seriously ill 😬 xx

Me!!! Ever since before I got my bfp! Am coming up 7 weeks now and it hadn't died down at all. I have a four year old and nearly 2 year old aswel and can honestly say the school run is a total killer cannot be bothered to do anything whatsoever! Xx

So glad I'm not alone... My children are older... But have been as needy as toddlers since I have gotten pregnant! Ugh.

I'm the same way. I'm up at quarter to 6 for work and as soon as I get home it's straight to bed where I nap the rest of my day away. I have no energy to function to even do regular tasks like cooking and laundry half the time. Thank god I have an understanding partner.

I've been exhausted. I've always liked sleep, but now I have problems getting out of bed. I didn't really have that before.

YES. Exhausted hardly covers it. I wake at 6, and until about 9, I'm okay. Then I'm yawning and feeling tired, and walk back from the school run like I've been up all night. By midday I am shattered, and by 7, I'm falling asleep on the sofa and deciding to go to bed!

So incredibly and out of character tired!!! I'm 7 and a half weeks.

Normally I have horrible problems sleeping, insomnia, etc. Right now I can't get enough. Some days are more so than others.

I work from home and had a light day yesterday, I didn't get out of bed until 8, basically napped from 12:30 until 3 and was fighting off sleep again about 6 hours later.

it's VERY VERY strange for me, as someone who usually only sleeps a few hours a night. It's almost unsettling in a way, because I'm so use to having so many more hours in a day!!! lol. But it's my strongest pregnancy symptom other than sore boobs, so I treasure it in that way.

My instinct is to "push through it" and try to go for a walk or something to get my blood flowing and wake up a bit. But my doctors strongly recommend that on the days when it's an option, I don't do that but instead allow myself the extra rest.

Baby is doing SOOO much in there. If it needs me to rest, I can certainly try. :)

(and this'll be my first, so I only have a few more months of ever sleeping in anyway!!! lol)!!!!

It was bad in my first trimester. I'm talking like, two naps a day on weekends and one during the weekday (and my naps are not short, they are usually 2-3 hours), right after work. Honestly, the only time I've ever been more tired was when I had mono my freshman year of college and was sleeping 17 hours a day. Luckily it eased off for me around the middle of week 10. I'm still overly tired most days, but nothing like I was. Good luck girl, you'll get through it! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->