Excessive Sleeping?

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
Colton has only been awake for 3 hours all day! It's almost 5pm.
He just seems so tired, and when he has been awake he is grumpy and doesn't seem interested in his food.
He didn't eat but a few bites of his cereal this morning and didn't want any of his fruit at lunch. He's only had 16oz of formula + he ate 2oz of juice before he fell asleep.
He woke up at 7am, ate, went straight back to sleep
woke at 9am, went back to sleep at 10am
woke at 12pm, went back to sleep at 2pm
and it's 4:45pm and he is still sleeping.

This really isn't like him. I keep checking on him and he is breathing fine, isn't stuffy or anything.
Should I wake him and try to get him to eat something? He hasn't had any formula since 12-12.30.

Should I be worried? Is it okay for him to sleep that much? Anyone else's LO do this?

Was just thinking about your other thread where you said he's cutting teeth, maybe he's not wanting to eat because of the teething? If he gets a fever though you might want to take him to the doctor just to be safe :hugs:

I just got back from a friend of mine's house.. she said he was probably sleeping because of his teething too ? I dont know.
His cheeks were pink early, but he doesn't really feel warm.
He woke at about 5.30 and was up until 7 before he started getting REALLY grumpy again. I ended up giving him some baby tylenol for his teeth. I feel so bad because he just keeps screaming. I know he isn't hungry or wet. And I think it's his teeth too because of the pink cheeks.

I feel so bad for him. I feel like there isn't anything I can do.
He has only been up for about 5-6 hours all day. :cry:

:hug:Aww how is he now? Ive read that they get pink cheeks when they are teething so his cheeks could be red because of that. I really feel for you hun, we're all the same, im a constant worrier! see how is today and if its even for your peice of mind try take him to the docs, you'll sleep sounder at night for it!

Kyle was like this the other week..just wanting to sleep and barely eating, turned out it was a bug, but id just to let him do as he wanted and sleep it out,hope hes feeling better soon x

last night wasnt as bad as I was expecting.. he woke once around midnight, but I was able to calm him back into sleep. Then this morning he woke up 2 hours earlier than normal. He's acting a bit better today, ate 6oz, and even ate some of his cereal.
Although his nose does sound a little stuffy this morning. I had the fan on last night because we dont have central heat & air so it gets hot-that might be why he is stuffy because it kinda got chilly this morning.
Its been almost 2.5 months since the last time he got sick :( I hope he isn't getting sick again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->