• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Excited about labor

I guess I'm the oddball who wants to labour overnight and then birth in the early morning. I want to labour in the quiet stillness of the night, and I also want my children present for the actual birth (if they wish to be there - my 4 year old is super keen my 2 1/2 year old is indifferent) so to me, laboring while they're asleep and not a distraction and then having them wake up for the birth and a day in bed with lots of family bonding and cuddles is the ideal <3. But I'm having a home birth so the atmosphere is quite different from hospital.

My first was a daytime labour (induction at noon, though I hadn't slept well the night before as I had been contracting and was more excited than unable to sleep through them, and birth at 8:30pm) and my second was a night time labour - 11:30pm start and 6:50am birth. Even though I had no sleep the second time you are on such a birth high afterwards that it doesn't matter and I much preferred having the whole day awake the second time rather than getting an hour or two to bond and then being expected to just go to sleep when all you want to do is stare at and kiss this tiny, perfect human being...:haha:

I'd like to labor during the day. Hopefully contractions start (or get strong) after I've had a night of sleep. I want to be able to take a walk during the day if I feel it'll help, and my house is too small to do much walking :haha:

I'm hoping to labour in the day. Every night I go to bed and think I'm just too exhausted for labour! I would much rather it happen in the day.

I don't want to start labour at night because of the long drive to hospital.

My first was horrendous, second a c section and third a vbac. My vbac was utterly amazing. So whilst I'm looking forward to it I'm kind of worried that I can't go any better than my third. I felt amazing for weeks after. It was so perfect.

Count me in, I'm definitely excited! And like you NDH I would love to labor at night. My last labor was during the night and the darkness and calm were really helpful. I was definitely exhausted the next day but if this labor is even quicker than my last one, it might not matter! :p

Wow! I love hearing all of these birth stories. Always best to stay positive and flexible if things don't exactly go as planned. The best one can do is hope for their ideal labor.

I'm hoping to go in the middle of the night as well. Usually I have trouble sleeping and feel the most peaceful and connected at nighttime. Hopefully I won't be in too much pain at that point that I'm just miserable. Also I feel like the darkness is more private and quiet, there is less traffic as well.

Any way this baby comes out will give me the best gift ever! Just can't wait :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->