Exciting!!

Lisa2701

Reaction score
After some humming and hawing ive just booked a private gender scan on Xmas eve!! Plan to take our son with us to see the baby and find out what he's getting and then having a lovely festive day of it in Edinburgh on Xmas eve. Have invited my mum with us also which will be nice. I'm SO excited! Anyone else had a scan at babybond in Edinburgh?

Also, I caved and bought a Doppler today. Not sure if it's the right thing to do or not but figures given I keep bleeding and ive been told they won't scan me unless the bleed is BAD from now on as I have a hematoma then I'd get it and try it and see how it goes. If it causes too much stress I'll get rid of it. Have others got dopplers? How do u find them?

Just wanted to share my excitement :happydance:

I think I'm also going to get a private scan on Cristmas eve too all being well! I'm in Leeds though not Edinburgh. Still nervous about making it that far though but I'm trying to be as excited as possible! I think we have around the same EDD.

That sounds like it is going to be great day. I also have my gender scan close to Christmas (Dec 22) and I am excited about it too.

How exciting!
I'd love to find out our baby's gender as a Xmas treat but don't think I'll be quite far enough along.

I have a doppler and honestly it's a godsend for me, though it can be the opposite if you struggle to pick up the heartbeat straight away!

I've been able to pick up baby's heartbeat from just after 8 weeks- thought I was a little further on though until I had an ultrasound. That first time took forever, hours and days!
Now at 10 weeks I pick it up almost straight away each time and it's so reassuring!
I am very skinny on the tummy tthough which makes it easier to pick up baby's heartbeat.

First thing in the morning is best for me, otherwise I'm too bloated and gassy to be able to hear it as well as on an empty stomach.

That really is exciting! So special especially at Xmas time.
I have a doppler. I found baby's heartbeat a few days ago, so pretty early! I also had a hematoma, so the doppler just gives me that extra bit of reassurance!

I think I'm also going to get a private scan on Cristmas eve too all being well! I'm in Leeds though not Edinburgh. Still nervous about making it that far though but I'm trying to be as excited as possible! I think we have around the same EDD.

I calculate my Edd to be 10th June I reckon. I'll he 16 weeks when I get my gender scan which is the earliest they do it. good thing about having it at 16 weeks is I can ask the hospital to confirm the sex at my 20 weeks scan :) theres no reason you won't make it that far! One more week and your into the low risk zone!! I've had several scans already due to bleeding, my latest one just a couple of days ago so I know I'm ok just now, just wish this bleeding would settle down.

That sounds like it is going to be great day. I also have my gender scan close to Christmas (Dec 22) and I am excited about it too.

Well ironically I didn't want to find out the sex of baby, we didn't with our DS, but our son has autism and we feel it would be easier on him knowing what's coming lol and now that I've come to terms with the fact we are finding out then I'm keen to know!! lol. DH was happy to wait to the 20 week scan but I've had a few scans and felt no time was taken over them so I wanted a scan where my son (who's 10) could come and they would spend time with him showing him his brother or sister. Plus they let you see 4D which I think he'll love. Just help make it all more real for him as he's so excited about becoming a big brother and keeps asking when he can hear or feel the baby. So exciting!

How exciting!
I'd love to find out our baby's gender as a Xmas treat but don't think I'll be quite far enough along.

I have a doppler and honestly it's a godsend for me, though it can be the opposite if you struggle to pick up the heartbeat straight away!

I've been able to pick up baby's heartbeat from just after 8 weeks- thought I was a little further on though until I had an ultrasound. That first time took forever, hours and days!
Now at 10 weeks I pick it up almost straight away each time and it's so reassuring!
I am very skinny on the tummy tthough which makes it easier to pick up baby's heartbeat.

First thing in the morning is best for me, otherwise I'm too bloated and gassy to be able to hear it as well as on an empty stomach.

Yeah I think finding out for xmas is amazing. We TTC for 5 years and have had two miscarriages so it's all just super precious to us so what better gift than a scan and finding out the sex for xmas. :cloud9: how far on would u be? Baby bond do gender scans from 16 weeks.

My Doppler should be here sometime next week so I'll be about 12 weeks. I'm not the slimmest of people but not too bad either, I have a lot of lose skin around my tummy from weight loss but it should Be fine. I've heard a couple of people saying doing it on an empty stomach first thing is best. I'm hoping it works and I can find the heartbeat as again it's a good way to make it all more real for my little boy who's desperate to have some connection to the baby. I'm excited to try it.

That really is exciting! So special especially at Xmas time.
I have a doppler. I found baby's heartbeat a few days ago, so pretty early! I also had a hematoma, so the doppler just gives me that extra bit of reassurance!

How far on are you? (Just noticed your ticker- :duh:

I only found out about the hematoma a few days ago at the scan. They have scanned me before and found nothing but ive always bled on a Friday night and by the time they are scanning me on Monday is stopped bleeding and there was nothing to be found. This time the bleed happened on a week day so they scanned the next day and found the hematoma. Midwife said it's likely that hematoma's have been the reason for my previous bleeds which would mean ive had several :( ive had two really bad bleeds where it's literally gushed bright red, and a few smaller bleeds which has only been on wiping at the toilet but because of that she said it's unlikely they will scan me again unless the bleed is severe and either has clots or doesn't stop, hence I thought a Doppler would be good to help put my mind at ease when they won't scan if it happens again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->