Excuses....anyone got any good ones?

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
I am going away to visit friends Friday through to Monday. The thing is, as I am in the 2 ww, I don't want to drink alcohol - just in case, you know the thing (probably I will get back on Monday night after abstaining all weekend and will get my AF, sod's law and all that).

Anyway, if I am not drinking, what do I tell my friends. I don't want to tell anyone that me and DH are ttc, don't want to be plagued with questions and pressure, you know. Now one of my friends is three months pregnant and she has gone into baby overdrive (very sweet) and because me and another friend got married around the same time, she is now looking for 'symptoms' of us being pregnant.

So, what excuse do I give for not drinking without getting lots of questions in return?

Could say you are on Antibiotics (make up some condition).

Or you can order drinks that look like they might have alcohol in them....Just ask for them Virgin and no one will know... ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:I could wrap up my 'Pregnacare' vitamins in one of those white crinkly pharmacy bags for authenticity!

yeh id say your on antibiotics hun,then they shouldnt ask to much!
xx

Yep I agree with the consensus, antibiotics is the way to go!

You lot are some serious liars!! hahahahahahhahaha

LMAO

Antibiotics i say

lol make sure you think something up, or it will be a

Pissed friend: "so, what are the antibiotics for?"
You: "ermm..."
Everyone: "OMG, you liar, are you pregnant!??!"

erm...antibiotics is always a good one....chest infection, ingrowing toe nail (PMSL) infected bite...back of a chest infection...?

could you be driving or driving the following day?

you're just not in the mood for drinking cause you've had a headache all day?

antibiotics or driving are prob best

Cheers guys!

All this - and that's even before I start on the dacaff tea!:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"