Exercise and late af

monroea

Mommy to Riley
Reaction score
So af was due today. I had strong period cramps and backache this morning and was sure she was here. I even took ibuprofen on my way to work because I just knew it would be a miserable day of aches and pains. Fast forward and still no af. I've taken a pregnancy test and it's a bfn. It's just odd because I am always right on time. You could set a watch to my cycle. So my thinking is that maybe my recent exercise has caused a change in my cycle. I started working out about a month and a half ago. My last cycle was shorter than normal but arrived on time. I'm working out about 4 days a week, 20 minutes of cardio a day plus some weight machine work. I always thought your cycle would change if you completely changed your diet and did intense workouts. Anyone have any thoughts or experience?

My gyn has a saying that you're always regular until you aren't. If the test was bfn, there's not way to know why this cycle is late and what delayed ovulation. No point in trying to guess. The only thing I've seen delay my cycle while tracking was extreme, traumatic stress right before ovulation or a severe illness right before ovulation. From 5th grade until my early 20s, I had my period every 27 days and down the hour the same time. I have pcos though so I notice if my weight is over a certain amount my periods are more irregular but if I'm under a certain weight I'm super regular. So I don't know if my input really means much haha. But yeah that was my gyn's fav thing to say. Even if I found it obnoxious :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->