Exercise anyone?

Night Flower

Reaction score
I'm 5'7" and 150#(gained 8 pounds since becoming pregnant, and am 9weeks and 6 days pregnant).

I have been encouraged to do light-moderate exercise throughout my pregnancy. I'm all down for exercise and prior to becoming with child, I ran 3xs a week and swam for 10-20mins 3xs a week.

Now? Ugh! I barelly feel rested and I totally lack any energy!

Any moms to be out there that actually are exercising through your first trimester? How do you have energy? Any tips for me to get back to it.

I'm still working 8-10hr shifts/5 days a week. And have pets to care for and 100% household responsibilities too. I would love some tips on how to not feel so tired and withdrawn and did I mention no energy?

Tips and suggestioms appreciated mommas!!!

-Night Flower

Hi, I have not weighed myself but am eating loads so know I have gained, I am so sick and tired there is no way I can excercise, for me I know I will just wait it out until 2nd tri when if last time is anything to go by I will feel a bit better! Sorry I am not much help :haha:

I'm still exercising as much as I can, within reason. I've had my training at my plan tailored for my pregnancy. Yesterday I didn't really do much of anything all day because I was so tired, I literally spent most of the day asleep.

I'm not going to work though (off until my 12 week scan at the very earliest) so I can understand how you might not have the energy.

I can't really make any suggestions to what might give you the motivation - other than they say labour is a marathon and I wouldn't go into a marathon without training. Also, apparently the fitter you are the easier you find it and the quicker you recover?

I sleep a lot! I work from home, so when the kids go to daycare/school, I log on and do my work. At lunch, I'll take a break and do some aerobic exercise for as long as I can take it (worked my way up to 25 minutes yesterday)! And when I put the kids to bed, I generally fall asleep with them and get no housework done.

I'll admit though, pre-this-pregnancy, I didn't exercise and I was my highest weight ever (without being preg) by about 10 pounds. My last pregnancy, I gained way too much and (50 pounds) and am determined to not let that happen again. According to my BMI, I am now in the category (barely) where I should only gain 15 to 25 pounds this pregnancy. It's embarrassing for me.

good luck!

I am exercising everyday still for the past two weeks (and before my pregnancy) except on weekends when I am off a bit. I do feel more tired and decided on making myself jungle juice from this weekend on. It gives energy and it's also good to drink when breastfeeding baby.

Recipe:
50ml Schlehen Blackberry Thorn Elixir
1litre Liqui Fruit Juice (Berry or Grape)
1litre Water

Hope it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"