exhausted but body won't sleep?

H

HerdingDogs

I am alone or is this happening to other people? After being at work, I'm tired by 6. I usually force myself to stay up to at least 8:30. I've always needed a lot of sleep so bedtime is at 9:30 for me. All of my pregnancy apps/books and my experienced mom friends say I need to go to bed earlier. When I go to bed, I end up waking up at 3 or 4! I was up at 1:30 because my dog threw up, but for the last few days I have this problem.

I have terrible insomnia usually up til 10 due to work but even then I spend hours awake. Ive started reading a book or having a warm drink. Xxx

No fun. :( Did you have it before or did it start up when you got preggo? I can't drink at night. TMI, I have really vivid dreams so If I drink within an hour of bedtime there's a very good chance I will wet the bed.

I'm glad I'm not alone with this, although sorry both of you are experiencing this too.

I'm exhausted all day but then at night time I really struggle to sleep. It's not totally new for me as I was already an insomniac before getting pregnant but it's new to me to be totally exhausted and praying for bedtime early in the day and then not being able to sleep.

It definitely feels weird because reading all the app information etc and you see how people are going to bed early and then being awake all night is strange.

Have you found anything helpful?

This always happens to me while pregnant and it is so frustrating. With previous pregnancies i found relief with melatonin which both my doctors said is perfectly safe during pregnancy as it is all natural. I can't take it anymore though because for some reason it gives me restless legs. It used to work really well though. I would take 3 mg's and sleep like a baby.

I also struggle to fall asleep at night or to fall back asleep after waking up with my 15 mo. I read something yesterday that seemed to help last night. It said to turn off all electronic devices an hour before bed (I forgot about that part). Then it said while lying in bed do 4, 7, 8 breathing. Breathe in for 4 seconds, hold it for 7 and then exhale for 8 seconds. I had trouble exhaling for 8 so I amended it a little but it helped anyways and I was asleep faster than normal last night. Could be a fluke but I'm going to try again tonight. This time trying to turn off my cell phone an hour before. It also said to dim all lights an hour before bed.

My sleep had been quite elusive. I'm so exhausted but just can't sleep. I've been taking Benadryl which also helps with my allergies. I can only sleep if I take 2 pills. If I take 1 it helps me fall asleep, but not stay asleep.

I have never had sleeping problems in my life until now. If something awakens me (usually my dogs) it takes almost an hour to get back to sleep and I wake up a million times a night lately. My doctor told me I could take unisom (over the counter sleeping med) to help with morning sickness and it definitely helped and also helps me sleep alot better! I've taken it a few nights for sleep and not MS.

I've been really awesome at falling asleep but have been waking up around 3-4 and am awake for an hour to an hour and a half and then fall back asleep. It's kind of annoying, but not too bad. I put on some meditation music or watch a YouTube video and normally I can fall back asleep eventually.

Falling asleep for me is easy. It's definitely the staying asleep. :(

I haven't read anything that helps. I would think the breathing and turning off electronics help. Shrug. I could go to sleep right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->