Exhausted!!!

DY08

1st time mam
Reaction score
Is anyone else just feeling completely exhausted. I've still got another 6 weeks of work left before I start my maternity which seems like a lifetime. I don't want to take my leave any earlier as its less time to spend with baby but my back is killing and i'm just so generally tired I can barely concentrate.

Am I just being a hypochondriac or does any one else feel this way x :sleep:

I don't know how you are still working either but I applaud you!
I am permanently knackered and still waiting for the 'burst of energy' we are meant to get!

I am still in my PJ's and tbh just don't care at this stage :)

I felt like this at 29 weeks ... don't know how I have managed to get this far! But trust me it will fly. I used to get lots of early nights, feet up when I get home and plenty of fruit and water during the day to wake me up.

Have you had your iron levels checked? Being anemic can make you feel tired as well... All the best and hope you start feeling better soon. :hug:

ooo atleast your finishing in 6weeks...i'm a bit ahead of you and still have 4w 2.5d left (i finish at 38w) but i know how you feel being exhausted!! xx

I felt exactly the same hun, but when I finished work at 35 weeks it was so nice to catch up on sleep and relax!! Not long now xx

Yup I was sooo tir4ed and just couldnt be motivated at that point in preg.

Although I worked til 34 weeks I found that after I left I became worse as I didnt need to get up which was great as I could make up for the uncomfy nights sleep but I just seem to have become more sore and aware of my aches and tiredness since stopping work so plan ahead is my advice thats not asked for:blush:but I wish I had an aim at th ebegining of my mat leave everyday to give me motivation instead of getting up whenever and sitting on my ball or driving to have coffee with my mum or friends.

Wont be long now til your on your mat leave.

:hugs:

Emma.xx

omg... i havent worked at through my pregnanct due to the fact that i moved into the area, found out i was pregnant, and then the economy went down the shitter... so there was no way i was going to get a job... but yea, i have no idea how you are still working! it looks like you and i are due on the same day, and i am always tired! going to the grocery store and doing my shopping puts me to bed early at night, never mind having a full time job! im exausted...

I completely sympathise.

I was feeling the same around 29 weeks too. I managed to struggle through and am officially on mat leave from Friday 1pm (have been working from home for the last 2.5 weeks though).

All I can suggest is take regular breaks, try and get as much fresh air as you can, dont sit for too long (get up every 20 mins for a quick walk) and if possible talk with your boss about possibly working from home 1-2 days a week already?!

I can COMPLETELY sympathise with the sore back, I had this continuously... horrible. Try going to the physio and see if they can help, or at least take the walking break every 20 mins.

I'm sure the weeks will fly by (as they did for me) but there was definitely certain points that I wondered how I would cope.

:hugs:
xxxxx

Yup I know exactly how you feel hun, I've been struggling the past couple of weeks as the tiredness has come back with avengence. I have a week off this week which is bliss, but worrying already how I'm going to cope going back to work next Monday for another 4 weeks :( Roll on Maternity Leave! :hugs:

It will fly past, honestly! It is hard though. I finish up this Friday and I'm so glad. I really take my hat off to girls who work up to 38 weeks :) I'm knackered already and I've (hopefully) still got 5 weeks to go.

I felt exactly the same though at 29 weeks, but just rest every night and weekend. Is is possible for you to take the odd day off? I managed to squeeze in a couple of long weekends and broke it the number of weeks I had to work. So at 29 weeks I kept telling everyone that I had x weeks of 4 day weeks and x weeks of 5 day weeks.

I also made up a maternity countdown chart which I pinned to the wall next to my desk, everyday I have ticked off the number of days left til I finish up. Psychologically it has helped no end :)

Hope you get some rest and feel better soon.

Hey hun im the same! Have shorter attention span than a sleeping newt!! Its awful! It's so hard at work! I'm getting sore crampy period type pains now too :( Hope youre ok hunny make sure you drink PLENTY water take all your breaks and rest as soon as you get in take care xxx

Yep I totally sympahise with you. I am working too and don't start mat leave until 38 weeks (but luckily have 4 weeks annual leave to take before so stop working at 34 weeks).

Soo tired just like you and have had bad ms since week 5 which hasn't stopped either grrrrrrr!

I feel the say way hun. I was hoping to work until a week or 2 before my due date but I can’t even make it a full week now. I’m completely exhausted all the time and I have an office job so I’m just sat at my desk all day. My back is killing me and all the exercises I’ve tried haven’t helped. I brought a belly belt this weekend to see if that’ll help – fingers crossed.

If I don’t start to feel better within the next couple of weeks I’m thinking of asking my Dr for a medical note. That way I can take a few weeks of medical (we’re allowed up to 15) until the baby comes then start my maternity – I don’t want to lose time with my baby either and don’t think that I can keep this up for 2 more months.

Good luck and I hope you’re energy level picks up:)

XX

oh thank goodness for you ladies!!!! I thought it was just me being a pansy!

I'm SO tired - I couldn't work out if I have a bug or something... but NO I think it's time to SLOW DOWN and realise that I'm pregnant.

I have all the tiredness from 1st Tri again.... :sleep:
10 weeks to go until ML!!!
LP
xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012