Exhaustion :(

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Just wondering how all of you ladies are dealing with exhaustion?

I have a toddler running around, a house that looks like a pig sty and all I want to do is sleep or lay on the couch. I feel like a terrible mum and a terrible house wife. I can't even find the energy to stand up long enough to wash the dishes let alone cook meals. I feel like I've been hit by a truck from the second I get up in the morning until I go to bed.

What do you ladies find helps?

Firstly, your NOT a terrible mother or housewife! Your body is going through a marathon every minute of the day growing a whole new person. It does take it out of you.
If you have anyone who can help with entertaining your child so you can rest, or someone who can help with chores around the house take the help. Can your DH for example pick up more of the housework until your energy comes back?

I find doing small bursts of housework then resting good. You can sit and read with them, watch a nice film, kids apps and do puzzles et. whilst sitting around too with kids. Doesn't have to be all active, so don't feel guilty.

It'll get better :flower:

Yup same here. Exact same. I feel so bad not being able to do anything because standing up itself is becoming a chore.

What I do is I notice I get a random spring of energy around 4-5 ok (I don't know why) but it doesn't last long. I try to at least clean the kitchen while its there.

Hubby has been very understanding about this though and doesn't mind. I just keep counting down to my second trimester where I SHOULD feel better.

Oh an all our homemade meals have gone out the window too. I've stocked up on LOTS of frozen dinner meals to just pop in the oven. THAT saved my life.

Just wondering how all of you ladies are dealing with exhaustion?

I have a toddler running around, a house that looks like a pig sty and all I want to do is sleep or lay on the couch. I feel like a terrible mum and a terrible house wife. I can't even find the energy to stand up long enough to wash the dishes let alone cook meals. I feel like I've been hit by a truck from the second I get up in the morning until I go to bed.

What do you ladies find helps?

I feel the same way. I keep saying I need to clean and do this and that , but I swear I just want to sleep all day. I force myself to go to work and then when I get home nothing.

Definitely not just you! I was out for lunch with a friend and out of nowhere the exhaustion hit and I could've fallen asleep in my food toddler style :haha: I can have a good 12 hours sleep at night and still be utterly exhausted throughout the day, I guess growing humans is tiring work!

Yesss...all the time

I'm almost 13 weeks and helplessly exhausted! I have a full time job with a very supportive boss and co-workers, which helps A LOT. I mentioned to my husband the other day that when I get up in the morning after 8 hours of sleep, I feel like sleeping for another 8 hours!!

It has been difficult for me and I've been feeling worthless of late. I was so productive, especially professionally and all I do is stare at my computer all day long.

On the bright side, I thought I would not be given the promotion that was due this week, but they gave it to me!! I've worked my butt off for last 3 years to see this day and what do I do when they give me the news? Go home, sleep some more and forget to inform my family about it!!! :p

Needless to say, I don't have any energy for household chores either, which my husband has been handling pretty well...did I mention I'm a very lucky woman?

Looking forward to the second trimester, I can't wait for this nightmare to end :(

Regards
J

Same here. I need a nap in the morning and one in the afternoon these days, it's ridiculous. I do feel bad for the kids having to entertain themselves but the housework part I have no guilt over. The house has always been a shared responsibility in our family and if I can go through months of this, DH can deal with an increased workload around the house for a bit. He does a lot and I appreciate it but I'm positive he also appreciates what I'm doing to get the last member of our family here.

I am really suffering and naively thought it is because I am 43! I go to bed so early and am sleeping more but still have waves of exhaustion hit me. It is affecting my work. Because of this I told my boss this week (also because of time off for midwife/doctors appointments). He seemed to take it well but had a couple of days earlier told me I need to up my game. I am trying but feel that horrible over tired fuzzy feeling like I have been awake for 2 days straight or have severe jet lag! Hope it will improve soon as am sleeping my life away :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->