Expecting #1 and over 30

Yay babysa!!! :happydance:

Thinking about you and your scan Mrs.Chez! My symptoms have been coming and going too. I especially freaked out during week five - every morning that I woke up feeling good, I'd get this sinking in my stomach that I wasnt preggo anymore. Im getting over that now and trying to enjoy those mornings. It's hard, though. Can't wait for Tuesday - my first scan! Yippee.

I know! Can't believe I'm at 7 wks. I feel like each week is a new milestone. Every day is a countdown to the next week mark. It's crazy how a week can seem so long now. Haha.

And, yes, preg_pilot, congrats!! :happydance:

Muptopia - How are you feeling?

Yea, I can relate to symptom free "not feeling pregnant"
I was always feeling insecure about this before my symptoms started at 8 weeks. I must have peed on a stick every 4-5 days just to make sure.

I was always feeling insecure about this before my symptoms started at 8 weeks. I must have peed on a stick every 4-5 days just to make sure.

Did you poas in your 7th week? Did it work? I really want to poas before my appt to put my mind at ease, but at the same time I am scared of the hook effect and don't want to freak myself out for nothing. I've been using opk's every once in a while b/c I have so many cheapies left and it is crazy how quickly it turns very dark. But, I only have one hpt left so if it doesnt work I don't have another to use in watered down p . . . . I'm thinking maybe I just shouldn't.

I really don't want to be at work today. Blaugh.

MD - Yay for Tuesday - you'll get to see so much more!!! There wasn't much to see at 5w2d I'm afraid. We saw the yolk sac and that the embryo was in the uterus and that there were no signs of an ectopic pregnancy. But das it! I can't wait until my next one at 7 weeks…he said we should be able to see the heartbeat then. :happydance:

And the weeks totally drag on!!! I have family coming into town this weekend for a week so hopefully that will help speed things up. I won't have too much time to just sit and count the minutes :winkwink: I'm glad your symptoms come and go too…yay for being normal!!! :thumbup:

Preg_pilot - ha! I didn't even think of the peeing on a stick! I just checked my temp this AM…I'll do that next time - gotta use those sticks for something before they expire!! :winkwink:

MD - did you temp? Maybe you can just check that your BBT is still high? That helped calm me down…Tuesday will be here in no time! Just pack your weekend full of busy activities :hugs:

Did you poas in your 7th week? Did it work? I really want to poas before my appt to put my mind at ease, but at the same time I am scared of the hook effect and don't want to freak myself out for nothing. I've been using opk's every once in a while b/c I have so many cheapies left and it is crazy how quickly it turns very dark. But, I only have one hpt left so if it doesnt work I don't have another to use in watered down p . . . . I'm thinking maybe I just shouldn't.

I really don't want to be at work today. Blaugh.

Yep, I peed on 1-2 sticks in my 7th week...
After I really started feeling the symptoms in my 8th week, I haven´t felt the need.

Good luck on your bloodwork today babysa!!! FX :hugs:

I just was told that my DH is whisking me away to the Dominican Republic 7/17 (our 3yr anniversary) until 7/21!!!! We talked about doing a trip to celebrate some great news he got at work and our BFP and our anniversary :wedding: but we only discussed driving to NC or to Cape Cod or something around the East Coast. DR is such an awesome surprise! :happydance:

After jumping around with excitement, my next thought was, oh gosh, I hope my nausea doesn't kick in by then!!!! 4 hour flight each way :plane: could mean a lot of :sick: :dohh:

I'm going to focus super hard on eating well. I read that could help a lot and for some reason when I ate really well earlier this week, my nausea went away. But the day after I eat poorly, it comes back. I'm sure it's just coincidence but I'm willing to try anything!!!!

Awe, that is so exciting about your trip, MrsChez! So sweet of your hubs! And, so exciting about your scan. Glad everything went well!! :happydance:

I think you are right about eating well helping with nausea. I was doing well for a while and then I stopped eating as healthy due to some bad-food cravings and I've been a lot worse the last couple of days. Of course, it could also just be that it is getting worse b/c I am in the middle of m/s time now, but . . . I am going to stay positive and try to eat better and hope that helps.

Thanks, Preg_P. I think I will poas this weekend, then. :) Use that last one up.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks MD! You too :hugs:

Did you POAS? How did it go?? And what is m/s time? Sorry, not following :wacko: I definitely see a difference in my symptoms when I do eat well vs when I don't. It's a great motivator to be a good healthy eater!!

So the knucklehead that I am, I asked my DH if we could do a quick search about water safety, etc in DR before we go since I'm pg and he freaked out a bit (didn't think about it initially) and started having second thoughts about going to an island in the Caribbean since it's supposed to be very hot and humid as well. He did all this research about traveling while pregnant and then cancelled the trip!!! :dohh: He's trying to reroute us to either Ireland or Canada instead...wondering where we'll go...I'm totally keeping my mouth shut now! :nope:

Other than my bbs, I'm pretty asymptomatic so I hope that all is still well...I think I'm going to temp tomorrow morning again. Just to check...

Thanks MD! You too :hugs:

Did you POAS? How did it go?? And what is m/s time? Sorry, not following :wacko: I definitely see a difference in my symptoms when I do eat well vs when I don't. It's a great motivator to be a good healthy eater!!

So the knucklehead that I am, I asked my DH if we could do a quick search about water safety, etc in DR before we go since I'm pg and he freaked out a bit (didn't think about it initially) and started having second thoughts about going to an island in the Caribbean since it's supposed to be very hot and humid as well. He did all this research about traveling while pregnant and then cancelled the trip!!! :dohh: He's trying to reroute us to either Ireland or Canada instead...wondering where we'll go...I'm totally keeping my mouth shut now! :nope:

Other than my bbs, I'm pretty asymptomatic so I hope that all is still well...I think I'm going to temp tomorrow morning again. Just to check...

That is really sweet that he is being so cautious. My husband and I did bed and breakfasts in Ireland last summer and loved it! Excited to hear where you'll be going!

M/s = morning sickness. Took me a little while to figure that out and then, of course, as soon as I did I started using it. :)

Oh, and I just realized I forgot to tell you that I didn't/ don't temp. I did poas yesterday but on another opk - super dark so was somewhat helpful. Saving that hpt. Don't know for what but ... Maybe I'll use it tomorrow morning.

Feeling a little nauseous still - had food aversions yesterday. And boobs are still a little sore. But nothing too bad. Trying to motivate now to go to the gym ...

Hope you ladies have a great Sunday!

Oh my gosh you're so good! I cannot get myself to even think about motivating to go to the gym :nope: I've become SO lazy. It's terrible! I promised myself to start tomorrow as the crazy 90s temps are finishing today and we're to have about 84F the rest of the week...which means cooler mornings and I'll be more likely to go walking, etc. I hope the weather does change...it's been awful!

M/S has always been multiple sclerosis to me (medical background) so my brain was stuck on that and couldn't come up with anything else!!! lol

My BF was visiting since Friday and she's 2.5 weeks ahead of me in pg so I got a total sneak peak of what might be coming. She was soooo nauseous all the time! I certainly pray I won't take that route...it was awful. The poor girl felt terrible...and we had a wedding last night too. AUGH. Soooooo not looking forward to that!!!

But speaking of "that", I had nausea start this afternoon...I had to drive around a bit and didn't get to eat a snack so I was hungry. Thought I just got car sick as the roads around my house are hilly but it hasn't gone away. I was queasy driving her all the way to the airport and back (2hrs round trip on flat highways) and still feel unsettled. *sigh* I guess I am near that 6week mark!!!! :shrug:

How is everyone else feeling?
:hug:

Hi Everyone! I'm a graduate and finally get to join you guys, didn't take nearly as long as I thought. :happydance:

You can mark me due 3.17.13 unless dr. changes it tomorrow. :cloud9:

Utopia You are due on my bday!

So happy to join you all :baby:

I can't stop pos, it's been 5 digis today. Just fully restocked last night. I've got plenty of cheapies left. :dohh:

Yay Breezy!
I'm SO happy to have you here! CONGRATS again and welcome :hugs:
How are you feeling? I've added you to the due date list :flower:

babysa - what is your EDD? I can't find it in any of your links, sig or profile :shrug:

AFM, more nausea this evening. Dab nabbit! I totally hope it goes away tomorrow...though we went out to Thai for dinner so that wasn't exactly 'eating well' but not too bad for eating out :angelnot: Tomorrow I shall be good...I promise! :thumbup:

Yay Breezy!
I'm SO happy to have you here! CONGRATS again and welcome :hugs:
How are you feeling? I've added you to the due date list :flower:

babysa - what is your EDD? I can't find it in any of your links, sig or profile :shrug:

AFM, more nausea this evening. Dab nabbit! I totally hope it goes away tomorrow...though we went out to Thai for dinner so that wasn't exactly 'eating well' but not too bad for eating out :angelnot: Tomorrow I shall be good...I promise! :thumbup:

What seems to help with my nausea is:
never getting hungry. I eat a bit of toast.
Saltine crackers
Raisins (not too much though).
and nearly flat cola.

Hi ladies can I join you? Got my BFP on Sat had bloodwork done today Dr put me at 4 and a bit weeks but should find out for sure tomorrow. My EDD is March 13th.
I'm so excited but absolutely petrified something bad will happen trying to relax and go with the flow but I keep dreaming that I miscarry I don't know how to not think about it.
Does it get any easier?
Congratulations to you all look forward to sharing the journey.

Hi fellow pregnant fairies :)
Breezy...welcome and huuuuge congratulations! What excellent news!!!! Tell us your bfp story!!!!!
Well, all went well with my blood tests on friday! hcg levels increasing as they should. I am not really experiencing any symptoms at the moment. Just very tired in the evenings at bed time and definately feeling a bit more hungry. Other than that, feeling great. Let's hope it lasts.
Mrs Chez...my EDD is 11 March 2013 :) Sorry to hear about your nausea! I really hope it subsides shortly. Very exciting about your upcoming holiday!!
MD..how are you feeling? Better I hope.
ttc1st....Congratulations and welcome!!! I am due 2 days before you :) How are you feeling?
Pregpilot...good advice on how to keep the nausea at bay...will definately keep it in mind for if the nausea arrives.

Have any of you had sex since bfp? We did for the first time last night...was quite nervous...but all was fine :) Actually quite nice...(sorry)

So cool to have you ladies on here!

Hi ladies can I join you? Got my BFP on Sat had bloodwork done today Dr put me at 4 and a bit weeks but should find out for sure tomorrow. My EDD is March 13th.
I'm so excited but absolutely petrified something bad will happen trying to relax and go with the flow but I keep dreaming that I miscarry I don't know how to not think about it.
Does it get any easier?
Congratulations to you all look forward to sharing the journey.

Welcome.
I don´t think it gets any easier, but I haven´t had my first U/S yet, so maybe I'll calm down then.

Hi fellow pregnant fairies :)
Breezy...welcome and huuuuge congratulations! What excellent news!!!! Tell us your bfp story!!!!!
Well, all went well with my blood tests on friday! hcg levels increasing as they should. I am not really experiencing any symptoms at the moment. Just very tired in the evenings at bed time and definately feeling a bit more hungry. Other than that, feeling great. Let's hope it lasts.
Mrs Chez...my EDD is 11 March 2013 :) Sorry to hear about your nausea! I really hope it subsides shortly. Very exciting about your upcoming holiday!!
MD..how are you feeling? Better I hope.
ttc1st....Congratulations and welcome!!! I am due 2 days before you :) How are you feeling?
Pregpilot...good advice on how to keep the nausea at bay...will definately keep it in mind for if the nausea arrives.

Have any of you had sex since bfp? We did for the first time last night...was quite nervous...but all was fine :) Actually quite nice...(sorry)

So cool to have you ladies on here!

Yea, I had the same experience with first :sex: after bfp. Felt amazing actually, better than before in my case. :blush:

Breezy! YAY (again! :))! So happy for you! Congratulations! So, I am still POAS every few days. Haha. I think I am going to stop now though. I have my first U/S and appt tomorrow. Ahhh! Can't wait. I think I am more nervous today than I have been. And, also so excited.

Welcome ttc1st! Congratulations! So, I have moments of feeling really calm and happy and moments of being so nervous still. It really is just a scary thing to finally have something you've wanted so much but not able to be 100% about it yet. These last few weeks have defy dragged a little for me. I am really hoping tomorrow's appt will help put my mind at rest. I will be praying for all of us that we can just relax and enjoy this little miracle in our bellies! :)

Babysa - congrats on the bloods! And, glad you are feeling well! That's awesome. I felt better this weekend, which makes me think I just hate being at work now. Haha. I mean I definitely still felt a little woozy and could only eat a pb&j on Saturday, but I feel better than mid last week. Thanks for asking! :) My DH and I are still having sex - less than normal, but just b/c Ive been more tired b/c I definitely agree that it feels better! :blush:

MrsC - sorry about the nausea. :( Keeping healthy food in my stomach helps and, actually, I do feel better when I go to the gym. Although, getting there is definitely like pulling teeth. Nothing makes it go away completely, though. And, of course, when I do have moments of feeling really good, I get nervous again. Haha. I hope it eases up for you soon! :hugs:

Preg_P - thanks for your nausea tips too! How are you feeling now?

MD:
Feeling pretty good these days.
No hurling for the last 2 days. Haven´t felt very queasy today either.
Hopefully my MS is passing. So close to finishing the first tri :)

What seems to help with my nausea is:
never getting hungry. I eat a bit of toast.
Saltine crackers
Raisins (not too much though).
and nearly flat cola.

I get nausea usually only after I eat!!! I try to eat small meals every few hours but each time I eat, I feel ill for over an hour...then it subsides a bit and it's time to eat again and I'm nauseated all over again!!! :cry: I might give up real food and try toast...and crackers...I'm trying to be good and eat protein and veggies and fruit but nothing is sitting well :nope:

I actually find that super carbonated water, like club soda, helps me a lot cause it causes me to burp. I'm not good at burping on my own. My next step is to try to chew VERY very slowly and see if that helps...

Congrats ttc1st! I shall add you to the list :flower: I don't think I'll stop stressing until I see a heartbeat. Then I'll let myself feel pregnant :shrug:

babysa - adding you now! We haven't had sex!!! I think DH thinks he will damage something if anything happens. lol Maybe after we see the heartbeat and the baby is more settled in then he'll relax :shrug:

We've decided to postpone our trip until the second half of August. Since my nausea kicked in as predicted by the books, right at 6 weeks, I don't want to fly anywhere next week!!!! So we're just going to go out to dinner for our anniversary next Tuesday, assuming I can stomach it :sick: Then, go away somewhere special in August :happydance:

I also worked out for the first time today. Took it VERY easy but I did some light weights and abdominals. Planning to power walk tomorrow morning and then yoga on Wednesday. Gotta get back into a routine! :bodyb:

Thanks everyone for the congrats and well wishes. Apart from being really tired and the odd wave of nausea and dizziness I'm feeling really good. I keep worrying I'm not actually pregnant.
I got the results from my beta blood test today, according to my last period Dr put me at 4 weeks 2 days yesterday according to the blood test I'm in the normal range for 5-6 weeks which number do I believe? My beta hgc levels are 3351.
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their pregnancies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->