Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Welcome BSelck! So sorry for your losses! I could never be as patient as you are about waiting for my first scan haha. You're really strong! I think we're due really close to one another :)

Gator - Adding lemon to my water has helped when it is extreme bloat/gas but just for the regular bloat and what not after eating, I don't think there is much that could help. Give the lemon water a try though if you don't mind lemon! I do 1/4 or 1/2 a lemon (I know its a lot but that is what was recommended).

Welsh - Do they have any For Sale pages or Consignment Shops where you are? I bet you could find maternity clothes there for cheap and in good condition since nobody wears them for very long.

Klink - You're SO close to the 10 week mark! How have you been feeling? Any MS or general nausea?

Mint - I had a random day where my hands were swollen too early on. It was only the one day though so hopefully that is the case for you too!

I feel like I'm not eating enough for being pregnant but I just have so many food aversions it seems. Nothing sounds appetizing or makes me want to eat. The B6 and Sea Bands have taken the edge off of the nausea but I still don't want to eat. Is that okay? Any recommendations to help? If I force myself to eat I end up gagging after a few bites.

Welcome to the group, BSelck! I am so sorry to hear about your past losses. :hugs: Best wishes for a very happy and healthy nine months!

Mint, that's great about the darkening lines! What a great feeling!

Congrats on the progressing digi, welshgem!

Woohoo Klink! That means we're due the same day :happydance::dance:

Welcome and Congrats BSelck!! I'm so happy to see another mommy get her :bfp: H&H9 to u! Lots of :dust: for your sticky bean hun

Mint, I know you're on :cloud9: with those darkening lines. I think I would still be testing if I wasn't at the doctors every other day lol

Speaking of which, the bleeding and clotting came back ladies :( so I'm back at the hospital. All seems to be fine though, I got a chance to hear him on the midwife's Doppler!! The good news is once you can detect the HB on the Doppler, the chances of Miscarriage is extremely slim to none! The bad news is I could bleed my ENTIRE pregnancy due to the Subchorionic Hemorrhage, which isn't as big as some women's but it scares me! That's not something I'm looking forward to at all. At least, in the process I can hear the HB. The on call midwife actually let me record it on my phone. I wish I could load audio on here. I can't wait for my hubby to get home. Hopefully that'll persuade him to buy one for us :smug:

Anyway, how is everyone today? Any new symptoms??

Carter - glad you got to hear the HB and all is looking well!
Do you have to do anything differently due to the bleeding like take more iron, rest more, or avoid sex?

No, Mint. She said unfortunately unless I plan on not having sex my whole pregnancy then she's not going to restrict it. Just be aware that when I do have sex, I'm going to bleed. Anything can make me bleed because of it to be honest. It's not going to make you miscarry so she said it wouldn't be necessary. They've already put me on pelvic rest twice and still no change so she said just be aware of the bleed if we DTD. She said as far as lifting the 25 lb limit is for any pregnant woman regardless so there was no change there. Its just the SCH that's being a burden. Everything else is perfectly fine though. Thanks for asking :)

Sweetbliss, I am exactly 10 weeks today, it's just my size ticker that's not updated yet. And I've been feeling good, just realized that my baby does not like me eating eggs. I had to lay down after breakfast real quick or otherwise I would have thrown up. :/ How are you?

HopingCarter: You are one day ahead of me :) My due date they calculated is the 26th of March. And I am sorry your bleeding came back :( But so awesome that she could pick up the heartbeat on a doppler device! And now you always can listen to your baby's heartbeat, how beautiful!!

Mint: I am so glad to hear, that your lines got darker :)

Karen: How are you holding up so far?

Oh girls sorry I've been awol, just started school and it's taking up more of my time than I would like to admit! :haha: Also working when I'm not at school so any down time I try to spend with DH :)

I haven't caught up on the thread but from what I see on this page we have some new members - welcome! Carter I hope that bleeding stops, sounds scary, but I'm glad everything's okay :thumbup:

I've been wondering if everything's okay in there since there's still a week until my first appointment! So I tested again :/ Really shouldn't have but I had one IC left so I used it and it did not reassure me like I had hoped. The line came up immediately but it was not darker than the control line :nope:
Also because of my lack of symptoms I really wonder if I'm having a missed mc. My boobs are a little bit sore on the sides and have been for the past week or so, but other than that I'm just fine. Either I'm one of the "lucky" ones that don't really get symptoms, or it's not doing so good in there.
I've been pretty sensitive to foods, have had to eat slowly and all that but yesterday and today I felt no nausea whatsoever and am just excited to eat!
What do you guys think??

Oh I didn't know about the 25 pound thing. Even early on? I wonder how much my hiking pack weighs...

Maggz - so sorry you are worried. I have never been pregnant before (aside from a "chemical") so I really don't know. I hope everything is okay and that some of the non-first-time moms can give you some advice soon.

I am! :) And I leave for Iceland on Saturday so if you have any last minute tips for me now is the time!

maggz, don't be too worried hun! My boobs only hurt on the sides at first as well and only when I poked them :) HCG levels vary from person to person. if you google hcg levels in pregnancy then a statistic should pop up what is considered normal for each week. Don't drive yourself crazy hun! And if you are too scared, maybe you can call your doc and ask if they can do an early scan. Just explain your fears and maybe they will do it. After I was sick I got an u/s because I didn't feel as pregnant anymore and everything was fine. You will have your days where you simply do not feel pregnant. I think if you would have a missed miscarriage, then your symptoms would get less and less and finally disappear. At least that's what I think it would be. Try not to stress out too much! :hugs:

Hang in there, maggz. I think we all worry a bit too much. You're still having some symptoms, and the IC don't really tell you much except that you're pregnant. My nausea wasn't as bad during the day in the last four days when I was at school, but it was bad at dinner. Also, I'm pretty tired when I get home.

Thanks Ladies!!

Mint, I'm not sure how early on they place the limit on you
She just said that the recommended limit for expecting mothers is 25 lbs so make sure I'm following that. Once I found out I was pregnant I didn't trust lifting anything heavy anyway so I didn't think to ask. I don't know if that's their particular limit just to be on the safe side or what, but I will ask.

Definitely agree with the other ladies Maggz, the symptoms are so freaking random and those ICs are just no good after you get your BFP. Like lacanadienne said, we all worry too much though lol. I think in the beginning, if I remember correctly, up until a few weeks back the sore boobs was the only symptom all of us had in common. Then some us got heavy nausea, some got vomiting, some were okay with no other symptoms at all so I think your sore boobs is a good sign. You're definitely lucky to not be overly sick, but that's a good thing. Trust me when it comes you'll praise these days lol!! Hope u feel better. If not, doesn't hurt to ask your Dr for an u/s like Klink said, most of us do that too.

I still don't have any symptoms except my face is covered in pimples, so gross :(

I miss so much when I'm don't check here for 2 days!

Mint!!! Aaaaahhh yayayayay I'm sooo happy for you! Praying hard it's a sticky bean for you :)

HopingCarter so sorry about the bleeding, sounds really not fun. But good to know things are ok with the babe.

Maggz like the others said, don't worry about how dark the line is on an IC. That can vary a lot based on so many factors. I'm sorry it's scared you, but really just embrace not feeling nausea. Mine overall is really not bad, I feel like I have no right to complain compared to how bad some get it. But remember there's a good 20% who don't get it at all, how lucky! You're not bleeding and cramping, so you are pregnant still :)

I'm still just in bloat city over here. Bleh. Fatigue is seriously setting in, I need lots of naps. Poor DH is suffering from my lack of sex drive and tiredness.

I am! :) And I leave for Iceland on Saturday so if you have any last minute tips for me now is the time!

Hopefully the volcano doesn't trap you there! ;) Where are you planning on going? My dad owns a country hotel in the Northeast region if you're going there I'll get you a deal ;)

Thank you all so much for your responses, it just freaks me out cause I had the mc last time. I definitely have pimples too... so annoying, but I'm not sure if it's a pregnancy symptom or just cause I'm too lazy to clean off my makeup :blush: :haha:
You're right ICs definitely aren't the most trustworthy. I think I'll hold out until next week, only 8 days till the ultrasound!
You guys are the best :hugs:

Maggz - I can think of worse things than getting trapped on vacation ;)

Thanks! We want to go to Jökulsárgljúfur National Park which is NorthEast I think - is the hotel far from there?
We also booked a flight to Grimsey.

Awesome you'll go to Akureyri then, that's where I'm from :D I'm gonna pm you so we don't clog up this thread haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->